LANguard Network Security Scanner 8.0 Build 20080326
LANguard Network Security Scanner 8.0 Build 20080326 Ranking & Summary
LANguard Network Security Scanner 8.0 Build 20080326 description
Checks your network for all potential methods that a hacker might use to attack your network.
It scans entire networks and provides NETBIOS information for each computer such as hostname, shares, logged on user name.
It does OS detection, password strength testing, detects registry issues and more. Reports are outputted in HTML.
Note : The scanning features of this product are FREE for non commercial use. Commercial users can buy the full version and also receive extra features.
- Support for OVAL: GFI LANguard N.S.S. 8 can now import and check networks using OVAL definitions. This database is the standard used to define the tests needed to check if weaknesses are present on a system. For more information on the OVAL database please refer to http://oval.mitre.org.
- Improvements to patch management: New patch management features contribute to an overall improvement of the patch management module. New features include patch rollback, multilingual patch autodownload, missing Windows Installer 3 notification, patch sort by severity and detection engine memory-use optimizations.
- Security Scanner optimizations: IT administrators now have the ability to configure up to 10 scanning threads. This enables them fully utilize their hardware and network infrastructure’s potential
- Scheduled scan enhancements: GFI LANguard N.S.S. 8 keeps track of computers that are not scanned (such as laptops disconnected from the network) and performs scans on them as soon as these become available.
- Faster retrieval of Linux data: Linux data retrieval is now around 20 times faster than the previous version of GFI LANguard N.S.S.
- Revamped UI: GFI LANguard N.S.S. 8 is updated with cosmetic changes to the User Interface and Icons. New buttons were added and the GUI is re-organized with the categorization all the Main, Configuration and Tools options in three separate tabs. A restructure of the security scanner tree now also includes an improved categorization of the retrieved information, assisting users in browsing through the records retrieved.
- Unicode support: You can now scan multi-language networks from one central location and have all characters displayed correctly, whatever the language. For example, you can scan, from a Windows XP English Edition machine, computers having Chinese and Greek editions and everything will be displayed correctly.
- New scanning options: Dependencies on administrative shares have been removed through the addition of a new option in the scanning profiles. GFI LANguard N.S.S. now temporarily creates and uses a custom hidden share during scans.
- Remote registry scanning: In GFI LANguard N.S.S. 8 an option was added which, when enabled and if the scan is performed with proper rights, will temporarily start remote registry on the remote machine during the scan.
- Advanced scan range options: Added support for scanning CIDR subnets and the ability to specify addresses that are to be excluded from the scanning of a previously specified IP address range.
- Debug Enabled Warning Message: A warning message now lets the user know that the scanning speed is lower when debug is on.
- Enhanced troubleshooter: The wizard-assisted troubleshooter now incorporates better logging and new automated checks to assist users in identifying issues faster. It also assists users in resolving any issues encountered through in-program issue specific advice and links to GFI’s Kbase articles.
- Enhanced auto-update System: The auto-updating system was improved so that urgent fixes arrive to the clients faster than it takes to download and install a new build.
- Support for Microsoft Windows Vista: GFI LANguard N.S.S. 8 now supports installation and scanning for vulnerabilities on Microsoft Windows Vista based computers
- Wizard assisted new custom vulnerability conditions setup: GFI LANguard N.S.S. 8 now incorporates an intuitive wizard that removes the complexity of custom vulnerability setup and configuration, enabling you to set-up custom vulnerabilities in the easiest way possible.
- Graphical Threat Level Indicator: Users can now easily determine their network’s vulnerability level through a graphical scale that indicates the vulnerability level of any particular computer or groups of computers/networks.
- Improved status monitor: The GFI LANguard N.S.S. 8s status monitor has been upgraded with a global graphical threat level indicator and an autodownload queue viewer.
- Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: GFI LANguard N.S.S. 8 now supports vulnerability scanning, identification and deployment of missing patches and service packs for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- Support for Microsoft Office 2007: GFI LANguard N.S.S. 8 now supports vulnerability scanning, identification and deployment of missing patches and service packs for Microsoft Office 2007.
- 10 days trial
- FIXED: Silent installation support
- UPDATED: Improved New Scan wizard
- UPDATED: Added support for Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista SP1
- NEW: Security scanner - on-screen scan summary at the end of scan
LANguard Network Security Scanner 8.0 Build 20080326 Screenshot
LANguard Network Security Scanner 8.0 Build 20080326 Keywords
Bookmark LANguard Network Security Scanner 8.0 Build 20080326
LANguard Network Security Scanner 8.0 Build 20080326 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.