Network Drive Manager 2.5.0
Network Drive Manager 2.5.0 Ranking & Summary
Network Drive Manager 2.5.0 description
Network Drive Manager brings added value to users that access network drives in a computer network, ranging from small home networks to large corporate networks.
Network Drive Manager is a dedicated Windows software for managing network drives. During Windows logon it will reconnect the network drives that were configured using NDM, where after theyre kept alive to prevent deactivation.
In case NDM is started before any network connection is available (this is usually the case when Windows on a computer) a reconnect mechanism with a short interval is used until all network drives are connected where after reconnect mechanism with a longer interval is put in place.
Optionally it can launch applications or documents when all network drives have been successfully connected.
Windows does not properly reconnect network drives after logon that have been configured using Map Network Drive in Windows Explorer with the "Reconnect at logon" feature checked. Although theyre visible in Windows Explorer, they are usually not activated.
This causes problems when e.g. a network drive is used as a central location to store documents and/or settings. Applications that use these documents and/or settings stored on the network drive will complain or even fail to start because the network location is not accessible.
Even if the network drive would have been reconnected properly, the next problem is that Windows will deactivate the network drive (i.e. make it inaccessible) if it is not accessed for a while. This can result in complaining applications because theyre unable to write their data to disk, and it can even result in data loss if applications do not anticipate on these possible failures.
- Ensures all network drives that are under control of NDM get connected and activated.
- Network drives are kept alive to prevent deactivation.
- Built-in reconnect mechanism in case network drives or network resources are not (yet) available.
- Support for import existing network drives.
- Ability to run programs or to documents when a network drive has been successfully connected.
- TrueCrypt integration: automatically mount TrueCrypt volumes when a network drive has been successfully connected.
- Compact status information of the managed network drives in the system tray and comprehensive status information in the main screen.
- Support for connecting network drives using a different user name.
- Alert mechanism when the connection with a network drive is lost and when it is restored.
- Fully customizable.
- Uses few computer resources such as memory and hard disk space.
- Product lifetime free upgrade policy for registered users!
- 21 day trial
- Multilanguage: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Swedish.
- New icons for all platforms.
- Alpha blended icons for Windows XP and Vista.
- Support for Vistas native font.
- Improved support for mounting TrueCrypt drives.
- Added column for the amount of free space on network drives.
- Added tab with advanced options:
- Use alternative connection method
- Use forced disconnect
- Disconnect unknown network drives on startup
- Several minor fixes (mainly for compatibility with Vista).
- Connection state redefinition (connected, disconnected, error, idle).
Network Drive Manager 2.5.0 Screenshot
Network Drive Manager 2.5.0 Keywords
Bookmark Network Drive Manager 2.5.0
Network Drive Manager 2.5.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.