Network Eagle Monitor 4.17.1133
Network Eagle Monitor 4.17.1133 Ranking & Summary
Network Eagle Monitor 4.17.1133 description
Network Eagle Monitor 4.17.1133 provides a software to monitor your network which informs you of network problems before your clients, end-users or managers do. You can monitor the network, servers, network services, hosts, devices, applications and databases. By running regular checks, the program proactively monitors the critical devices for availability and health and immediately alerts you when it detects a problem.
You can get alerts in a variety of different ways, including sound, email, instant message, SMS, etc. To resolve a problem automatically, it can be set to run an external program or a user-written Java or VB script automatically. The detailed information about the problem is recorded to a log file for future reference.
Network Eagle Monitor lets you get started right out of the box without having to spend weeks and even months of installation and training that larger products require. Using the set of its intuitive wizards, you can set up checks for hundreds of targets and have them executed at regular intervals of time. The list of checks is impressive.
The program can ping server, test TCP port, check HTTP URL (with HTTP auth), test FTP link, check disk space usage, execute external commands and check their return code, check databases via ODBC, monitor MS SQL server via native interface, monitor local and network printers, and that?s just the beginning! You can also write your own check scripts using JS and VBS or any other script provider such as ActivePerl and Active Python. Also the program makes it possible to set dependencies between monitoring checks, so that they will be disabled or enabled by Network Eagle Monitor automatically depending on the results of other checks.
Network Eagle Monitor is a definite benefit for enterprises with many servers and hundreds of users. Its automatic monitoring and alerting capabilities help reduce downtime greatly.
- Ping Check: Ping is a basic way to find out whether the computer and the network between the computer and the Network Eagle Monitor machine work. It sends the Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echpacket tocomputer and waits for the echreply packet. Ping waits for a reply till the time for each packet sent is over.
- TCP/IP Port Check: This check makes a basic connection tanother computer over TCP/IP. By connecting tthe specified network service (Mail, HTTP, FTP, Telnet servers and son) over TCP you can find out whether this service is available.
- FTP Server Monitoring: File Transfer Protocol Server Check tries to establish connection with the specified FTP server and to determine whether the specified FTP path on the FTP server is valid by using the FTP protocol. The path can be either ta folder or ta file on the FTP server.
- HTTP Server Monitoring: HTTP Location Check tries to establish connection tthe specified HTTP server and to determine whether the specified HTTP path on the HTTP server is valid by using HTTP protocol. The path can be either ta folder or ta file on the HTTP server.
- Disk Space Monitoring: This feature provides variously conditioned monitoring of a drive or the network share disk space and notifies the user in case of failure condition if any. For example, you can be notified if the space on the critical share disk in your network is less than 100 Mb.
- External Command Exit Code Check: This feature can run and monitor the output code of an external command or a batch script. You can easy develop your own basic plugins tbe used with this check or re-use any console utility which can report the status using the output code.
- Database Monitoring: This feature provides the database monitoring. It supports database connections via ODBC and direct connections the MS SQL server. This feature can test only the ability to connect the selected database as well as it can execute a custom SQL query and check the results.
- Custom Script Check: This feature can execute the user defined script (normally VB Script, Java Script), where the user can define his/her own script code to perform some checks or operations. It is for the user to decide what situation is bad and what situation is good. You should specify the startup function. This function will be called first at every startup check and then you will get the results of the check. If the function returns false, null, undefined, etc. the check is considered as a failure, in other case it is considered as a success.
- Process Monitoring: This feature provides the process monitoring both on local and remote PCs in a local area network (LAN). It tests how the process works using the process name or/and its id.
- Event Log Monitoring: This feature provides the messages monitoring in Windows Event Log both on local and remote PCs. You can use more than ten criteria, including the usage of regular expressions for message description, define a set of messages the check of which could be delayed.
- NT Service Monitoring: This feature provides the monitoring of the NT service state both on a local and remote PC in a local area network (LAN). It tests how the NT Service works using its name.
- The following alarms are supported:
- Execute shell command.
- Play specified sound.
- Send mail.
- Log event to Unix syslog daemon.
- Custom script execution alert (JS, VBS, ActivePerl etc).
- Write to Windows Event Log.
- Restart Computer.
- Change NT Service Status.
- Most useful alarms can be configured beforehand and stored in special repository.
- Advanced logging of all check/alarm events (including automatic log rotation support).
- Separation of checks in groups and flexible groups support.
- Support of automatic start/stop checking depending on the result of other checks.
- Notification about events occurred by a tray-icon blinking or a popup-window on a local PC.
- Tracking of various check statistics.
- Export check data tXML and HTML formats.
- Ability turn n as the Windows NT service.
- Next wizards are available:
- Add New Checks Wizard: The "Add New Checks" wizard is used for adding several checks of one type with the same settings at a time.
- Change Properties Wizard: The "Change Properties" wizard is used for changing properties of several checks or alerts.
- Add New Alerts Wizard: The "Add New Alerts" wizard is used for adding several alerts to many checks.
- Delete Alerts Wizard: The "Delete Alerts" wizard is used for deleting several alerts from many checks.
- Execute Shell Command: This alert can execute a system command. You can specify the *.exe modules with command line arguments or the *.cmd or *.bat scripts.
- Play sound:This alert can play a sound file located on your local or network disk. This sound file must be played by a waveform-audidevice driver installed on your system. If it cannot find the specified sound, the Play Sound Alert uses the default system event sound entry instead. If the alert can find neither the system default entry nor the default sound, it makes n sound.
- Send mail: The mail alert is probably the most common alert used. SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is used in Network Eagle Monitor program to send mail notifications. You can use templates in the mail body, form headers to send the check state, failure time, etc.
- Log event to SysLog daemon: SysLog is a special Unix daemon (the analogue of Windows services) for dealing with tasks being logged on Unix systems. Also, there are some free implementations of SysLog for the Win32 platform. In a local network you can be provided with a central log server that all the important information kept on one PC using the SysLog server. The Network Eagle Monitor program enables you to send events the SysLog daemon with a big set of parameters.
- Execute Custom Script: This alert can execute a user defined script (normally VB Script, Java Script), where the user can define his/her own script code to perform any action. You can install third-party script providers, for example ActivePerl for Perl language or ActivePython for Python and use them instead of the standard VB Script and Java Script.
- Write to Windows Event Log: This alert can write a user defined message to Windows Event Log either on a local computer or a remote one. You can add specific information on the message check in the Event Log using special pseudo-macrvariables.
- Restart Computer: This alert can restart either a local or a remote computer. You can control this process with a number of options.
- Change NT Service Status: With this alert you can control a local or a remote NT service status. You can start/stop/restart the service. This alert enables you tender the custom startup service parameters.
Enhancements: Fixed number of critical bugs
Requirements: A standard Windows PC
Network Eagle Monitor 4.17.1133 Screenshot
Network Eagle Monitor 4.17.1133 Keywords
Bookmark Network Eagle Monitor 4.17.1133
Network Eagle Monitor 4.17.1133 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Network Eagle Monitor 4.9 Build 435
- Network Eagle Monitor Pro 4.4
- Network Eagle Monitor Pro 4.4
- Network Eagle Monitor 4.3
- Network Eagle Monitor 4.17 Build 1171
- Network Eagle Monitor Professional 4.17 Build 1171
- Network Eagle Monitor 4.17 build 1171
- Network Eagle Monitor Professional 4.17.1171
- Network Eagle Monitor 4.17.1171
- Network Eagle Monitor Professional 4.17 Build 1171
- Network Eagle Monitor 4.17.1153
- Network Eagle Monitor Professional 4.17 Build 1153
- Network Eagle Monitor 4.17 Build 1153
- Network Eagle Monitor Professional 4.17.1153
- Network Eagle Monitor Professional 4.17.1147