TracePlus/Winsock 8.68.000 Ranking & Summary
TracePlus/Winsock 8.68.000 description
TracePlus/Winsock is a powerful application-level performance and diagnostic tool for Win32 platforms.
Featuring an integrated data analyser, TracePlus moves beyond the realm of displaying API calls, being both a full-featured Winsock spy and data analysis tool.
Using its unique visual realtime display of Winsock activity, you can spot timing-sensitive Winsock problems, view error codes for failed Winsock functions, reverse engineer other Winsock applications without source code, interpret conversations between two Winsock applications, and learn how Internet protocols are implemented.
TracePlus will prevent a program from detecting that it is being run in a debugger.
Some well known applications have code in them that prevent applications such as TracePlus from revealing the way that they operate. Such applications abort immediately after they are launched, or disable certain features of the application when a debugger is detected.
TracePlus is aware of several different methods by which applications can detect whether they are being debugged. Via these same techniques, TracePlus indicates to the application that in fact it is not being debugged. Such applications will then run normally inside of TracePlus.
- Detailed information on each call to the Winsock 2 API as well as the Microsoft Winsock extensions.
- Detailed information on each call made to the Win32 Internet API (WININET). In addition, several of the WININET API functions will display the data packet associated with that function in the Data View.
- Detailed information on each call made to the Remote Access Services (RAS) API.
- Detailed information on standard Win32 File I/O API functions when socket numbers are passed instead of file handles.
- WSAAsyncxxx() calls are monitored, and detailed information is provided on each posted asynchronous notification and statistics are provided on response time.
- Full IPV6 Support. TracePlus/Winsock can distinguish between IPV4 and IPV6 addresses and display each one in the appropriate format. IPV6 socket options are recognized in the Socket View.
- Detailed information on each call to an I/O completion routine, including statistics on response time.
- Novell IPX Support. Peer addresses are formatted in IPX format. Microsoft specific IPX socket options are recognized in the Socket View.
- Full support for I/O completion ports. Calls to CreateIOCompletionPort(), GetQueued(), and PostQueued() are monitored, and queued packets will be displayed in the Data View
- Supported API functions that fail are indicated in the Diagnostics View along with the Winsock or Win32 error code describing the failure
- Displays Winsock traffic originating from ActiveX controls and COM objects instanced by an application.
- Detailed information on all Winsock, RAS, and WININET API calls originating from a child process
- Works with most commercial Win32 applications (release versions) with no modifications to the target application
- Compatible with Microsoft Terminal Server (Windows NT 4.x, Windows 2000, Windows 2003 Server)
- Works with most Win32 Services on platforms that support services (Windows NT 4.x, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server)
- Supports Win32 .EXE files from all languages and compilers (including Visual C++, Visual Basic, Visual C#, Microsoft Access, MASM, Borland Delphi and C++ Builder, Sybase PowerBuilder)
- Session view displays detailed information about each data packet sent or received during a session between your PC and the host machine. A Session is defined as all data transferred via a single socket.
- DNS Lookup View displays statistics on the calls made by the application to translate a domain name (www.anydomain.com) to an IP address.
- Connect Times View displays statistics on the amount of time taken by the server to acknowledge a connection request made by the application.
- Microsecond timing accuracy on Windows NT 4.x, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows 2003 Server.
- User definable filter profiles enable separate API configurations for different capture sessions
- Displays the server (peer) IP address for all API function calls, socket states, and data packets
- Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon 1 GHZ or greater
- 192 MB RAM
- 10 MB disk space
- Starting or cleaning Captures will be disabled after 40 minutes
- API functions in the Diagnostics View will be fully visible for the first 20 items.
- Certain statistics in all views will be fully visible for the first 20 items
- Save feature is disabled
- Improved target application performance, support for use in limited User accounts
TracePlus/Winsock 8.68.000 Screenshot
TracePlus/Winsock 8.68.000 Keywords
Bookmark TracePlus/Winsock 8.68.000
TracePlus/Winsock 8.68.000 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.