PeaZip Portable 2.3a
PeaZip Portable 2.3a Ranking & Summary
PeaZip Portable 2.3a description
PeaZip is an archiver tool supporting its native Pea archive format which sports options like compression, split volumes, and flexible encryption and integrity check algorithms as well as other mainstream formats.
PeaZip allows to edit, save and restore archives layouts; apply powerful multiple filters to archives content; handle multiple archives at once; export job definition as command line; encrypt with AES256 etc.
PeaZips UI aims giving aid to the user to: edit, save and restore layout of archives (input files and folders list) to speed up definition of archiving and backup operations; save job definition, as plain text, to be used in scripts or for learning purpose; have a detailed job log after each operation.
The interface is fully skinnable (skins can be customised and saved as plain text to be re-edited as freely as possible) and uses customisable transparency.
Full support: 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, Bzip2, Gzip, PEA, split TAR and ZIP.
Browse/test/extract-only support for ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, ISO, LZH, NSIS installers, OOo files, RAR, RPM, Z.
- robust file copy
- split/join files (file span)
- secure file deletion
- file comparison
- checksum and hash files
- quick access to system tools
- system benchmark
- archive test
- generate random passwords and keyfiles
- Added support for UDF, XAR, and DMG/HFS file types, improved support for OpenOffice file types - total 79 file extensions supported
- Content and filenames encryption status is now fully inherited by new objects when adding files/folders to 7z archives
- Custom file types can now be opened directly from "extract" menu entries
- Improved input file recognition for UPX compression (11 extensions)
- Updated 7z frontend to 4.60 (Windows)
- Updated Pea frontend to 0.21
- Updated W.E. crypto library with package aes_2008-08-04
- Added third area to status bar showing current filesystem, or archive type plus encryption status
- "Extract to new folder" flag is no longer limited to current session
- Open executables/files/folders (in Windows) are now lauched in a separate processes rather than through shellexecute method (unless necessary) in order to increase parallelism and avoid possible stalls while waiting slow resources
- Fixed configuration/bookmarks/rnd issues related to lack of write access for unprivileged users (Windows and Linux installable packages)
- Improved file/archive browsers keyboard shorcuts:
- Backspace mapped to browse previous path
- More functional keys are now supported
- F2 browse desktop / Ctrl+F2 home / Shift+F2 root
- F3 search (recoursive) / Shift+F3 search here (non recoursive)
- F4 up one level
- F6 toggle browse/flat view
- F7 browse most recently visited item / Ctrl+F7 second / Shift+F7 third
- F8 browse first item in bookmarks list / Ctrl+F8 second / Shift+F8 third
- F9 toggle extract in new folder status / Shift+F9 reset extraction path to default
- F11 extract selected to
- F12 extract selected here
- "Quick delete" and "Secure delete" bounded to del and shift+del respectively; shift+backspace remains for "Remove from layout" event in layout composer interface and is no longer used in file/archive manager
- New "Extract..." systems menu entry to allow specify path, extraction in new folder, password and other options
- On Extract here (and list/test functions) from systems menus, now PeaZip test if password is needed and if archive is not corrupted (for performance reasons only for archives smaller than 100MB)
- New localizations - Czech, German, Portuguese, Russian
- Toolbar buttons width extended to 110px to better fit text
- Added "revision" letter in programs numbering; revisions contains the same text and uses the same localization files with no need of out of order loading as different version does
- New function to display environment variables
- Fixed possible cases of "Access violation" message on exit occourring on some configurations
PeaZip Portable 2.3a Screenshot
PeaZip Portable 2.3a Keywords
Bookmark PeaZip Portable 2.3a
PeaZip Portable 2.3a Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.