1 Mil Shield 6.8
1 Mil Shield 6.8 Ranking & Summary
1 Mil Shield 6.8 description
1 Mil Shield 6.8 offers you a professional and useful software which can protect your privacy by removing all tracks from your online or offline computer activities (it also shreds the content of the infamous INDEX.DAT files).
NEW! Supports Vista 32&64 and cleans all Firefox, Opera, Safari and Google Chrome tracks.
NEW! SELECTIVE CLEANING. Many of the Internet Explorer tracks come from features that are good and convenient: Internet cache speeds up the browsing, cookies protect you from entering your user information over and over again, etc. Mil Shield selectively preserves temporary Internet files, history and/or cookies for chosen by you safe Internet sites. Another good reason to keep some of the tracks is to avoid being suspicious when others notice that your history, cookies and cache are always empty.
NEW! AUTOMATIC CLEANING. You can schedule background cleaning at each startup or shutdown, or when the Internet Explorer is closed. While running in background, Mil Shield is completely invisible.
NEW! PANIC KEY COMBINATION (a.k.a. boss key). Every now and then there are situations where you need to clean the tracks very fast. In such cases all you need to do is to press certain keys together and all open Internet Explorer, Media Player, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and ICQ windows are closed and an invisible background cleanup is started.
Mil Shield cleans following tracks:
AutoComplete forms and passwords, all Index.dat files, temporary Internet files, all Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome tracks, cookies, UserData records, typed URL history, browse history records, most recently used download folder, recent documents history, most recently used folders records of the Windows shell, common file dialogs history, file and computer search history of the Windows shell, Start menu Run history and list of frequently used programs, Recycle Bin at low level, Windows temporary files, and restores your home page if it is hijacked.
Mil Shield also cleans the tracks of many other applications.
Your computer keeps extensive information about what you have done, what documents, pictures or video files you have opened and which web sites you have visited. This means that virtually anyone can see what you have been doing on your computer, which raises severe privacy concerns.
Cleaning up the history of your activities completely and safely is impossible without specialized program because most of the tracks are not visible by any standard means and can not be removed manually. This process must be performed every time you use your computer. Mil Shield automates this process while giving you the opportunity to choose the types of tracks that you want to clean. Mil Shield runs invisibly in the background and cleans the tracks whenever you want.
- Selective cleaning. Many of privacy threats come from Internet Explorer features that are good and convenient: Internet cache speeds up the browsing, cookies protect you from entering your user information over and over again, etc. Mil Shield 6.8 selectively preserves temporary Internet files, history and/or cookies for chosen by you safe Internet sites.
- NEW! Support for Windows Vista. Mil Shield 6.8 works on all editions of the latest Microsoft operating system - Windows Vista.
- NEW! File shredding with multiple methods. Mil Shield shreds the files before deleting them in order to make the tracks unrecoverable. This is done by user selectable method with the following choices: 1-pass overwrite with zeros or random data, 3-pass DoD 5220.22-M (8.306 E), 7-pass DoD 5220.22-M (8.306 E,C,E), 7-pass Bruce Schneier method and 35-pass Peter Gutmann method.
- NEW! Cleaning of Google Chrome tracks. Mil Shield 6.8 cleans all kinds of Google Chrome tracks: cache, cookies, history, search history, downloads history, last download folder and saved passwords. It also resets start page of Google Chrome and deletes the session recovery info. Note that all Google Chrome files are shredded before cleaning in order to make them irrecoverable.
- NEW! Support for Internet Explorer 7. Mil Shield 6.8 cleans all tracks of Internet Explorer 7 (both on Windows XP and Windows Vista).
- NEW! Cleaning of Opera tracks. Mil Shield 6.8 cleans all kinds of Opera tracks: cache, cookies, history, downloads history, last download folder and saved passwords. It also resets start page of Opera and deletes the session recovery info. Note that all Opera files are shredded before cleaning in order to make them irrecoverable.
- NEW! Cleaning of Apple Safari tracks. Mil Shield 6.8 cleans all kinds of Apple Safari tracks: cache, cookies, history, forms history, Search Bar history, downloads history, last download folder and saved passwords. It also resets start page of Safari and deletes the session recovery info. Note that all Safari files are shredded before cleaning in order to make them irrecoverable.
- Cleaning of Firefox tracks. Mil Shield 6.8 cleans all kinds of Firefox tracks: cache, cookies, history, forms history, Search Bar history, downloads history, last download folder and saved passwords. It also resets start and search pages of Firefox. Note that all Firefox files are shredded before cleaning in order to make them irrecoverable.
- Automatic cleaning. You can schedule background cleaning at each startup or shutdown, or when the Internet Explorer is closed. While running in background Mil Shield 6.8 is completely invisible.
- Built-in scheduler. You can schedule Mil Shield 6.8 to clean at specific time intervals or once a day at specific time of day.
- Advanced cleanup scheduling. For more advanced users Mil Shield 6.8 offers additional way to automate making of silent cleanups. You can use the command-line utility ShieldAgent.exe to schedule silent cleanups at arbitrary times using Windows Task Scheduler, other scheduling program or batch script. This is very useful when automatic backups are made; when many computers need to be cleaned from user tracks (for example in computer classrooms) or when there is a need to clean the user tracks on remote computer.
- Support for user accounts. On multi-user systems most of the tracks are user-specific. With Mil Shield 6.8 you can choose the user accounts that will be cleaned. This feature works both with user profiles in Windows 95/98/ME and with user accounts in Windows NT/2000/XP.
- Cleans and shreds Index.dat files. Index.dat files are cache files used by Internet Explorer. When you visit a Web page, Internet Explorer saves the address of the page, time of visiting and even HTTP request for this page in few different Index.dat files. The cookie names and some other information is also stored in the Index.dat files. Later this information is not deleted even if you delete History and temporary Internet files folders content. Everyone can see the contents of these files with a binary editor program, which exposes all tracks of your browsing.
- These files can not be found with regular file search and even if you find them, you can not delete them because they are used by Windows all the time. Mil Shield deletes the contents of these files with low-level file operations to be sure that there are no traces left.
- Boss key combination. Every now and then there are situations where you need to clean the tracks very fast. For example it may be your boss coming in while you are losing your time browsing the Internet. For such cases there is so called stealth key combination in Mil Shield 6.8. All you need to do is to press certain keys together and all open Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Chrome windows are closed and an invisible background cleanup is started.
- NEW! In addition to all open browser windows, Mil Shield will close some other "embarrassing" programs when stealth key is pressed. This option is useful when you are afraid that your boss or someone else can come in and look at your display while you are doing something. In such case you can hit the stealth key combination and all embarrassing programs will be immediately closed. Here is the list of default applications that are closed when boss key is pressed:
- Windows Media Player. Both standard Media Player and classic Media Player (mplayer2.exe) are closed. Additionally, the Media Player update dialog is closed if it is shown.
- QuickTime Player and iTunes.
- Irfan Viewer. This application is included because it is widely used to view pictures and video clips.
- ACDSee. This application is included because it is widely used to view pictures.
- Standard Windows Games. All standard Windows games that are shipped with Windows Vista (Chess Titans, FreeCell, Hearts, InkBall, Mahjong Titans, Minesweeper, Purble Place, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire) and Windows XP (FreeCell, Hearts, Internet Backgammon, Internet Checkers, Internet Hearts, Internet Reversi, Internet Spades, Minesweeper, Pinball, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire) are closed.
- MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger.
- Yahoo Messenger (Yahoo Pager).
- AIM (AOL Instant Messenger).
- ICQ. Both ICQ Lite and ICQ Pro are closed.
17. Cleans AutoComplete forms and passwords. The AutoComplete feature of the Internet Explorer saves previous entries you've made for Web forms (including your name, e-mail, SSN, credit card information) and passwords. Then, when you type information in one of these fields, AutoComplete suggests possible matches. Obviously this is a major privacy threat. Mil Shield reliably cleans all AutoComplete records.
18. Restores home page of the Internet Explorer if it has been hijacked. Many Web sites change (also known as hijacking) your home page to their pages (usually full of ads and with many annoying pop-up windows). Mil Shield allows you to set a preferred home page that will be restored each time when a cleaning is performed.
19. Cleans all kinds of Web browsing tracks. Mil Shield cleans following Web browsing tracks:
- AutoComplete forms and passwords.
- All Index.dat files.
- Temporary Internet files (a.k.a. Internet cache).
- UserData records.
- Typed URL history.
- Browse history records.
- Most recently used download folder.
- Restores your home page (on IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome).
- NEW! Internet passwords (WinInet cache credentials).
- NEW! Windows DNS cache.
- Google Toolbar
- Yahoo toolbar (Companion)
- ICQ toolbar
- Windows Live toolbar (and the older MSN toolbar).
- AOL Toolbar
- NEW! IE7pro crash session recovery info.
- MyWaySearch PopSwatter Toolbar
- Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome cache.
- Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome cookies.
- Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome history.
- Firefox, Opera and Safari forms history.
- Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome search history.
- Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome downloads history.
- Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome last download folder.
- Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome saved passwords.
- Google Toolbar for Firefox
- NEW! Flash cookies (local shared objects).
- NEW! AOL Toolbar for Firefox.
- NEW! Yahoo Toolbar for Firefox.
- NEW! Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome crash session recovery info.
20. Cleans all kinds of Windows tracks. Mil Shield cleans all kinds of Windows tracks:
- Recent documents history.
- Most recently used folders records of the Windows shell.
- List of most recently opened files of common file dialogs.
- File and computer search history of the Windows shell
- Start menu Run history.
- Start menu most frequently used (MFU) programs list (the list in the left part of Windows Vista and Windows XP Start menu).
- Recycle Bin at low level (not only through the Windows shell).
- Windows temporary files.
- Windows clipboard.
- Windows Vista thumbnails cache.
- NEW! Active Setup temp folders.
- NEW! Content Indexer catalog.
- NEW! Hibernation file.
- NEW! Memory dump files.
- NEW! Orphan ChkDsk file fragments.
- NEW! Setup log files.
- NEW! System error minidump files.
- NEW! Windows Error Reporting archive files.
- NEW! Windows Error Reporting queue files.
- NEW! Regedit history.
21. Cleans the tracks of some popular applications. Mil Shield cleans the tracks of the following applications:
- NEW! MS Paint
- NEW! Adobe Acrobat
- NEW! WordPad
- NEW! Nero Burning ROM
- NEW! XMLSpy
- NEW! WinAce
- NEW! Remote Desktop
- NEW! MS Management console
- NEW! Access snapshot viewer
- NEW! MS Office document imaging
- NEW! SpyBot Search and Destroy
- NEW! Axialis IconWorkshop
- Photoshop Album
- GOM Player
- VLC Player
- KMPlayer Classic
- Free Download Manager
- Windows Media Player
- QuickTime Player
- Adobe Reader
- VLC Player
- Media Player Classic
- Outlook Express (deleted items and sent items)
- Microsoft Office
- Irfan View
- Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)
- Net Vampire
- Google Desktop web history records
- Google Desktop e-mail records
- Google Deskbar
22. Works even on older computers. While Mil Shield takes full benefit of the new technologies in the latest versions of Windows and Internet Explorer, it fully supports and is completely tested on the older systems like Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0 and Internet Explorer 3.
Enhancements: Added cleaning of 22 new Windows and application tracks.
- Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me and 98
- Internet Explorer 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Firefox 1, 2 and 3, Opera 9, Safari 3.1 and Google Chrome
1 Mil Shield 6.8 Screenshot
1 Mil Shield 6.8 Keywords
Bookmark 1 Mil Shield 6.8
1 Mil Shield 6.8 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.