1st Desktop Guard 2.6
1st Desktop Guard 2.6 Ranking & Summary
1st Desktop Guard 2.6 description
1st Desktop Guard 2.6 is an effective tool allowing you to prevent your desktop icons from getting rearranged, stop users from changing desktop wallpaper and screen saver, secure your public access computers, save, restore, manage, and lock desktop layouts. It's hard to keep track of the icons that are located on the desktop. Many times, you might want to arrange them differently for different jobs.
Moreover in case the computer is located in a shared environment like public library or university or Internet cafe, a lot of people can use it and rearrange the icons or change the wallpaper. Many times icons get accidentally deleted and it is no longer possible to restore.
- Save and restore all the desktop icons
- You can use the program to save and restore any number of desktop icons layouts at any time
- You can arrange the icons and desktop any way you want them and save the layout.
- This way multiple people can enjoy the comfort of their customized desktop settings without any problems.
- Restoring deleted icons
- The program saves not only the position of each icon on the desktop, but also the shortcuts themselves. This way, if the icons is deleted, 1st Desktop Guard will restore it from it's own repository.
- No need to worry about lost or deleted icons any more.
- Password protect your configuration
- You can protect the program with a password, so that only you can login and change, save, restore or delete any layouts.
- Assign different privileges to different users
- Specify different privileges to each of the user profiles you have on your Windows.
- Control if the user has access to the program, can the user change security options, save or delete desktop layouts and allow the user access to tray icon. Each user can be fine-tuned subset of these options on this screen.
- Restoring desktop wallpaper
- The program also saves the desktop image in it's own repository. Thus eliminating the need to change it back after each person. This is especially useful for public places that need to have a logo on their desktop or a disclaimer.
- Many public places could also use the desktop to place phone number and email of the support or helpdesk and periodically change it for different shifts.
- Automatic desktop restoration
- You can assign a layout that will always be kept by default. No matter how the icons or wallpaper gets rearranged, they will be restored after each reboot automatically, eliminating the need to even run the program at all.
- Windows 9x/ME/NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista
1st Desktop Guard 2.6 Screenshot
1st Desktop Guard 2.6 Keywords
Bookmark 1st Desktop Guard 2.6
1st Desktop Guard 2.6 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.