DriveCrypt 5.3 Ranking & Summary
DriveCrypt 5.3 description
DriveCrypt 5.3 is an easy-to-use and useful tool to protect all proprietary data on notebooks and desktop computers 100% of the time without users having to worry about security.
Any organization, from a small company to a large international firm with thousands of users in the field, can effectively protect business plans, client lists, product specifications, confidential corporate memos, stock information, and much more with this product.
As data is read from the hard disk, DriveCrypt automatically decrypts the data before it is loaded into memory. When data is written back to the hard disk, it is automatically re-encrypted. The encryption/decryption process is completely transparent to the user or any application program - the data is caught "on-the-fly" as it transfers back and forth between the hard disk and memory.
Consequently, users don't need to remember to decrypt or re-encrypt their data, or change the normal operation of the PC. In addition, only individual files are decrypted at any given time, not the whole hard disk.
- Strong Cryptography
- 1344 Bit Military Strength disk encryption using the best and most proven cryptographic algorithms such as AES, Blowfish, Tea 16, Tea 32, Des, Triple Des, Misty 1 and Square.
- Easy to Install, Deploy & Use
- DRIVECRYPT data encryption software requires minimal administration and user training. Disk encryption is completely transparent, requiring no change in the way users work with the computer.
- Maximize Your Security, Minimize Your Risk
- DRIVECRYPT protects your data with very fast and a true "on the fly" disk encryption process. Other products that claim to be "on the fly" decrypt an entire file and load it into memory, creating significant security risks. DriveCrypt file encryption software is smarter and more secure because it decrypts only the specific portion of a file that is in use. Unprotected data never resides on a DriveCrypt encrypted hard drive.
- Disk Partition and file volume encryption. (Partition encryption with DriveCrypt standard edition only)
- DRIVECRYPT allows both, the encryption of an entire Hard Disk partition, as well as the creation of a virtual container file that will store all the encrypted information.
- Invisible Containers. (DriveCrypt standard edition only)
- The DriveCrypt Standard edition has the ability to create an INVISIBLE disk INSIDE a container or partition. This way you define two passwords for a container. The invisible disks password gives you access to your working disk, which is hidden in the unused area of your "outer" disk, while another password gives you access to the pre-setup DriveCrypt volume in which you only store data that you would want others to believe is the only data in the container or partition. This is very useful in cases where an aggressor may force you to reveal the DriveCrypt disk's password: By revealing the password of the first or "outer" disk, the aggressor will ONLY see the "prepared data": IE data you put in there, before creating the hidden disk, while he will not be able to see or get evidence that there is another invisible container that securely stores confidential data on the disk.
- Hide data into music files ( Steganography » read more)
- Using special so called "Steganographic" functionalities, DRIVECRYPT allows you to hide all your sensitive information into music files. Just authorized users will be able to access secret information, anyone else will only find harmless music on the computer…
- Easily encrypts Pen-Drives and USB disks on a container or partition level.
- With the HOT Disk option, DriveCrypt can also optionally automatically request the users authentication data as soon as the USB device is inserted. When the USB disk is removed from the computer, all the data are automatically inaccessible to unauthorized persons.
- Improved Password Security
- DRIVECRYPT allows administrators to configure several password settings:
- Master Password Settings
- Restricted second user Passwords
- Second user Password Expiration
- Console Lock-Out Password
- Password Sniffing Protection
- DRIVECRYPT integrates special functionalities that prevent passwords from being sniffed by Hackers or Trojan horses such as Back Orifice, SubSeven etc...
- No-Evidence Encryption
- DRIVECRYPT container files do not have any file header that indicates it is a DriveCrypt encrypted file. Therefore, without knowing the right passphrase, it is impossible to prove that a large container file on the computer is a DriveCrypt virtual disk container.
- Administrator Password Control (keyfiles)
- DRIVECRYPT allows system Administrators to assign different passwords to different users.
- Anti Dictionary or Brute Force Attack mechanism
- DRIVECRYPT makes Dictionary or Brute Force attacks against encrypted volumes much harder than any of the actual competitor products by dramatically slowing down these processes.
- Easy and fast hotkey control
- DRIVECRYPT allows the most used commands like mount or dismount encrypted volumes… to be rapidly accessed trough Hotkeys and/or the toolbar.
- Second User Access
- DRIVECRYPT allows the creation of a master password, as well as different lower rights second user passwords (keyfiles).
- Forgotten user password recovery
- DRIVECRYPT allows administrators using the master password, to access an encrypted disk even if the user has forgotten his user password. This ensures that a company can restore a user password if forgotten. DriveCrypt prevents loss of valuable data from user's workstations and notebooks by allowing three methods of encrypted data access: the Master Password, the user password (keyfile) and/or hardware device access such as optional fingerprint-/Smartcard Readers or USB Token devices.
- Eliminate the Danger Of Unattended Computers
- DRIVECRYPT provides an automatic and/or manual lock-out feature that locks out the user's console and displays a password-protected screen saver. This lock-out functionality can be activated manually or automatically after a specified period of computer inactivity. The computer remains secure even when left unattended. To restore the screen and unlock the keyboard, the password for the current user or Master Password must be entered.
- Secure Disk Deletion (Disk Wiping)
- DRIVECRYPT allows you to wipe the free space on a disk.
- This ensures that deleted files will never be recovered by special disk tools.
- Encrypted Volume Resizing (DriveCrypt Standard edition)
- An Encrypted Volume may, with time, become too small or too big, for the amount of data it has to contain. Therefore, DriveCrypt offers you a Volume-Resize functionality. This will allow you to easily adapt a volume to your needs at any time, and optimise the Hard Disk space.
- External Hardware Support
- DRIVECRYPT supports optional external hardware devices such as: Fingerprint and Smartcard reader, as well as USB token.
- Works on any Storage Medium
- DRIVECRYPT works on any kind of Hard Disk, and removable medium such as Floppy-, Zip-, Jazz-, Sygate-, CD-Rom, DVDDrives etc… and manages up to 16 TERABITE of encrypted data (Standard edition) or 4 GB (Home Edition)
- Installation is Easy and Safe
- The installation is easy and fast. During installation, the administrator simply selects the drives to be encrypted, the encryption method he would like to use and the master password. DRIVECRYPT will then make the rest and crypt the selected disks.
- Encrypted Data is Easily Recovered
- If a user leaves the organization, the encrypted data on the PC is easily recovered and restored to a decrypted state by the administrator using the Master Password or the Local Administrator Password.
- No Backdoors present
- DriveCrypt does NOT include any backdoor. Encrypted data are only accessible by the legitimate users. Neither the vendor nor any other entities are able to break DriveCrypt disk encryption.
- Windows 2000/2003/XP and Vista 32 bit or 64 bit
- Include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
DriveCrypt 5.3 Screenshot
DriveCrypt 5.3 Keywords
Bookmark DriveCrypt 5.3
DriveCrypt 5.3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.