Folder Castle 4.1
Folder Castle 4.1 Ranking & Summary
Folder Castle 4.1 description
Folder Castle 4.1 offers an effective tool which helps you to protect your data from thieves and snoopers. It provides two levels of protection: you can lock away files and folders, or you can put them into Secure Storage with on-the-fly AES-256 encryption.
Whether you choose to lock away or put files into Secure Storage, you can be sure that they cannot be seen in Windows Explorer even if the computer is rebooted in Safe Mode. For more peace of mind, you can enter into the Windows Stealth Mode, which hides the presence of Folder Castle itself.
Folder Castle seamlessly integrates into Windows Explorer, including context menu, toolbar and hotkeys. Protecting data is fairly easy. Click on the file you want to protect, select the Hide option from its right-click menu and thats it. The same can be done from within Folder Castle. Run the program and use the Add File dialog or a simple drag and drop operation to add a file to the list of protected data. But thats not all! True touch typists are sure to appreciate the ability to protect files by using hotkeys. Unhiding files is just as easy. Run Folder Castle and remove files from the list. A password is needed to confirm each operation.
Folder Castle is a definite benefit for anyone who needs to keep certain files to themselves. Once protected, your personal information cannot be viewed, copied, deleted or seen by anyone who is unauthorized. Folder Castle also offers a practical and novel way to go anywhere with the protected data. Just create Secure Storage on the removable drive, put files in to it and youre free to roam the planet without the fear of data loss or theft. To get access to the files, plug the USB drive into the USB port, mount the drive and open the storage. The only condition is that another computer should also have Folder Castle installed. But its not a problem if you register. The buyer of a single-user license is allowed to install Folder Castle on three computers - home, office and laptop. Isnt it nice, or what?
Top Reasons To Use Folder Castle
- Fly below the radar set up by relatives, friends or co-workers: Most everyone sharing the computer with other people has experienced the pain and sufferings that comes from snoops. Too often your documents, videos, photos are viewed, copied or worse yet, deleted by a co-worker or relative who you share the computer with. Fortunately there is Folder Castle and it can lock away, encrypt and protect your private files with a password. If you share the computer and need to keep certain files to yourself, you should definitely choose Folder Castle. Friendly snoops won't be tempted by the sight of your files.
- Secure your personal data on a stolen laptop: A portable computer is an expensive piece of equipment and thieves love them. According to the latest study, over a million laptops are reported to be stolen every year. What's even more disturbing is that less than 3 percent of them are ever returned to their owners. Personal information theft usually follows the incident. Banking data, passwords, business documents, company projects, copyrighted material residing on the stolen computer prove to be hundreds if not thousands of times more valuable than the laptop itself. Folder Castle will help you protect your data and make it completely invisible to anyone who is unauthorized.
- Solid protection of sensitive data: Keeping sensitive documents on the computer poses a high degree of risk, especially if access to the computer is available to everyone in your home or office. To save your data from prying eyes, Folder Castle uses a 256-bit AES technology, which is adopted as the encryption standard by the U.S. Department of Defense. The AES encryption is sufficient to protect classified information up to TOP SECRET level so you can be sure your files are 100% secured.
- Take your protected data with you on the USB drive: Folder Castle lets you use one of those USB flash drives, ZIP drives or any other removable drive to store your protected data. Just create Secure Storage on the removable device, put files in to it and you're free to roam the planet without the fear of data loss or theft. To get access to the files, plug the USB drive into the USB port, mount the drive and open the storage. When you're finished, just remove the drive and all of your data goes safely with you. The only condition is that another computer should also have Folder Castle installed. But it's not a problem if you register. The buyer of a single-user license is allowed to install Folder Castle on three computers - home, office and laptop. Isn't it nice, or what?
- Extremely easy to use and quick to install: Installing Folder Castle is an easy setup. Install it on your computer and it starts working right out of the box. The simple drag-and-drop interface lets you lock and unlock your files quickly and easily without moving them to a new location. To protect a file, simply select the Hide option from its right-click menu and that's it. The same can be done from within Folder Castle. Run the program and use the Add File dialog or a simple drag and drop operation to add a file to the list of protected data. But that's not all! True touch typists are sure to appreciate the ability to protect files by using hotkeys. Unhiding files is just as easy. Run Folder Castle and remove files from the list. A password is needed to confirm each operation.
- Files are protected even in Safe Mode: Folder Castle, unlike some other tools, keeps locked files protected even in Safe Mode.
- Fail-safe protection against viruses, trojans, malware: Folder Castle prevents viruses, hackers, Trojans, malware, spyware, malicious programs and harmful scripts from accessing your important files.
- Support for Unicode names: Folder Castle hides and encrypts files with Unicode characters in their names.
- Support for FAT, FAT32, NTFS: The program hides and encrypts data on hard disk drives formatted in FAT, FAT32 and NTFS.
- Folder Castle is 100% virus-free: Folder Castle does not contain any spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. See our 100% Clean Awards from third parties.
- Hide files and folders, lock drives:The program hides documents, images, files and folders, locks drives from any user including a local administrator and network users (on non-removable hard drives only).
- Encrypt files and folders: encrypt on-the-fly any file or folder by putting it into Secure Storage (256-bit AES encryption).
- Have Windows Safe Mode support: hide and encrypt files in Safe Mode.
- Have password protect hidden objects: let you set a password for access to the hidden files and folders.
- Do not be uninstalled without password: do not be uninstalled without specifying a correct password (the registered version).
- Have stealth mode for improved security : remove all traces of Have Folder Castle installation and activity.
- Be fully compatible with Windows Vista: run natively on Windows Vista, making the switch to the newer OS easy to do.
- Support Unicode: allow you to hide and encrypt files and folders, containing Unicode characters in their names.
- Have high performance: hide files and folders instantly without moving them to any secret folder.
- Friendly user interface: Quick execution of commands in Windows Explorer via the toolbar or context menus or hot keys. Drag&Drop support.
- FAT, FAT32, NTFS support : The program hides and encrypts files and folders on hard disk drives formatted in FAT,
- Folder Castle is 100% clean: Folder Castle does not contain any spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors.
- List of favorite folders and files to quickly hide/unhide through one command has been added
- Now for more security we have disabled hiding folders and files on portable HDD. You can optional enable this opportunity, but to protect data on portable drives we recommend to use the Secure Storage feature.
- 256Mb RAM
- 8Mb free space on HDD
Folder Castle 4.1 Screenshot
Folder Castle 4.1 Keywords
Bookmark Folder Castle 4.1
Folder Castle 4.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.