FreeOTFE 4.71 Ranking & Summary
RankingClick at the star to rank
User Review: 10 (1 times)
File size: 2.27 MB
Platform: Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Vista S
Date added: 2009-04-22
Publisher: Sarah Dean
FreeOTFE 4.71 description
FreeOTFE 4.71 is a free, open source, "on-the-fly" (OTFE) transparent disk encryption program which allows you to create one or more "virtual disks" on your PC - anything written to which will be automatically, and securely, encrypted before being stored.
- Highly portable - Not only does FreeOTFE offer "portable mode", eliminating the need for it to be installed before use, it also offers FreeOTFE Explorer - a system which allows FreeOTFE volumes to be accessed not only without installing any software, but also on PCs where no administrator rights are available. This makes it ideal for use (for example) with USB flash drives, and when visiting Internet Cafés (AKA Cybercafés), where PCs are available for use, but only as a "standard" user.
- Source code freely available
- Easy to use; just drag files to your virtual drive to encrypt them!
- Data encrypted on your PC can be read/written on your PDA, and vice versa
- Powerful: Supports numerous hash/encryption algorithms, and provides a greater level of flexibility than a number of other (including commercial!) OTFE systems
- Available in English, Spanish, German, Italian and French, with support for other language translations
- Hash algorithms include: MD5, SHA-512, RIPEMD-160, Tiger and many more
- Cyphers include AES (256 bit), Twofish (256 bit), Blowfish (448 bit), Serpent (256 bit) and many more
- Cypher modes supported include XTS, LRW and CBC (including XTS-AES-128 and XTS-AES-256)
- Security tokens/smartcards supported for extra (optional) security
- Operates under both PC (MS Windows 2000/XP) and PDA (Windows Mobile 2003/2005 and Windows Mobile 6) platforms
- Linux compatibility (Cryptoloop "losetup", dm-crypt and LUKS supported)
- "Hidden" volumes may be concealed within other FreeOTFE volumes, providing "plausible deniability"
- FreeOTFE volumes have no "signature" to allow them to be identified as such
- Encrypted volumes can be either file or partition based.
- Modular design allowing 3rd party drivers to be created, incorporating new hash/cypher algorithms
- Decryption software available to improve transparency, and allow even the most junior software engineer to prove data is being encrypted correctly
- Supports password salting (up to 512 bits), reducing the risks presented by dictionary attacks.
- Allows users to backup and restore the critical areas of volume files.
- Keyfile support included; store volumes and their associated metadata separately.
- Volume file timestamps and attributes are reset after dismounting, increasing "plausible deniability"
- Supports volumes files up to 2^63 bytes (8388608 TB)
- Comprehensive documentation
- Naturally, fully supported by SecureTrayUtil.
- Spanish translation added.
- Added support for Windows 7.
- Added "/saltlength" and "/keyiterations" command line options.
- Added additional check on salt length when creating new volumes.
- Added option to volume creation wizard to mount new volumes after creating them.
- Added autodetect functionality for
FreeOTFE 4.71 Screenshot
FreeOTFE 4.71 Keywords
Bookmark FreeOTFE 4.71
FreeOTFE 4.71 Copyright
WareSeeker.com do not provide cracks, serial numbers etc for FreeOTFE 4.71. Any sharing links from rapidshare.com, yousendit.com or megaupload.com are also prohibited.
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
A free, open source, "on-the-fly" (OTFE) transparent disk encryption program which allows one or more "virtual memory cards" can be created on your PDA - anything written to which will be automatically, and securely, encrypted before being stored. A PC version is also available, allowing data encrypted on your PC to be read/written on your PDA, and vice versa. Free Download
Open source software designed to provide "on-the-fly" transparent disk encryption for PCs and PDAs Free Download
We put Registry Easy through its paces on your computer! Free Download
AES Free is the suite of encryption tools for personal security. Free Download
Registry Clean Expert scans the Windows registry and finds incorrect or obsolete information in it. By fixing these obsolete information, your system will run faster and error free. Also features registry backup/restore, startup and BHO organizer. Free Download
SecretDrive is a small and reliable program that allows you to create up to 16 encrypted virtual disks. SecretDrive provides transparent on-the-fly data encryption by one of five modern encryption algorithms. Encrypted flash drive container support. Free Download
ABest Video Converter Free allows you to convert popular video formats including avi divx xvid mpeg mov rm wmv dvd vcd to avi pmp psp ppc xbox mp3 ac3 Free Download
create virtual AES-encrypted files Free Download