HomeGuard 1.3.3 Ranking & Summary
HomeGuard 1.3.3 description
HomeGuard 1.3.3 is described as a handy, smart and effective activity monitoring tool which is able to silently and automatically block all pornographic and inappropriate content online and record detailed website activity including time of visit and time spent on each website. Plus a built in keylogger, activity based screenshots, chat and email monitoring and filtering, program/games blocking and time restrictions, Internet and computer usage time restrictions, email notifications and more. HomeGuard is virtually impossible to tamper with, it cannot be bypassed using proxy servers and is unclosable and uninstallable unless the administrative password (provided during installation) is used.
- Porn filtering based on websites content not just names
- Automatic content filtering of websites, Chat messages/instant messages and Email for pornographic or inappropariate content or for a list of words defined by you. Internet content filtering cannot be circumvented through the use of proxy servers, all Internet traffic is filtered regardless of ports or destination, all while keeping the use of CPU and memory to a minimum through the use of advanced search and identification algorithms, thus adding very little to no overhead to computer and Internet speed.
- Websites blocking by name or URL, blacklists and whitelists
- Block access to websites in a predefined 'black' list. Or allow access only to websites on a 'white' list, blocking all other websites. Recorded details include time spent on each website and which program was used to visit the website. As in content/porn filtering above, the use of proxy servers to defeat websites blocking won't work.
- Time and event based screenshots capture
- Take screenshots at predefined intervals and times of day and days of week. By default it will take screenshots every 10 minutes everyday but can be set to take screenshots as often as every 2 seconds. It can also take screenshots when a website is visited, a keyword is found, a chat message/instant message or Email is sent or received, a program is tarted, a file is printed or blocked events only.
- Restrict programs/games usage times or completely block a program
- Set the times at which each program can be used and for how long. Or completely block certain programs. This feature is designed with excessive/addictive gaming in mind. Blocked programs cannot be opened by renaming the program, once a program is added to a blocking list its signature is computed and saved and it will be recognized no matter where it is on the hard disk or what its name is.
- Keylogger Tool
- Quietly record all keystrokes typed, time of typing, program keystrokes were typed in and window title at the time of typing. HomeGuard keylogger includes full support for languages using non Latin scripts (Unicode).
- Web search monitoring and blocking
- View and/or block keywords searched for in search engines. Currently supports Google search, Yahoo and Bing (MSN).
- Email and chat monitoring and blocking
- Record full text of chat messages (Currently supported are Yahoo and MSN/Windows Live messengers) and Email (pop3/smtp). Or (optionally) block all Chat and Email traffic. And filter chat messages and Email for harmful/inappropriate words.
- Restrict Internet and computer usage times
- Set the time of day and/or days of week at which the computer and internet can be used. Time restrictions cannot be manipulated by changing system time, by default HomeGuard blocks system time changing for all users and you can define a list of users to allow to change time.
- Detailed program usage statistics
- Record total running time of programs and actual time spent on each program, how many words and characters typed and how many times the mouse was clicked in each program, total bytes sent and received by each program and more.
- Web files content type blocking
- This feature is rather radical but can prove useful...Blocks internet content by its type, for example you can bock all online video and flash (e.g. PornTube and the like but also YouTube, Metacafe, Vimeo...etc) other web page elements will still show (unless they were of blocked types too) but all videos will be blank. Use the built in list of types (includes: exe downloads, scripts, videos..) or add a custom (MIME) type.
- Network monitoring and blocking
- Allows monitoring and blocking of individual internet connections by port and IP addresses. Can be used to block certain Internet protocols (e.g. Peer to peer file sharing.) HomeGuard also attempts to detect protocol type of the connection and will show detailed statistics of the connection's duration and bandwidth used.
- USB storage media monitoring and blocking
- Monitor and optionally block removable devices like USB thumb drives, external hard disks...etc useful for preventing sharing of pornographic files or protecting your computer against viruses and spyware transmitted on thumb drives.
- File monitoring and blocking
- Monitor and block copying, deleting and moving of files.
- Printer monitor
- Monitor printed files and/or block printing altogether.
- User and time specific monitoring
- Choose which users to monitor and at what times.
- Automatic clean up of old records
- By default records older than 30 days will be deleted auto. You can change this as needed or start a clean up at anytime.
- 20 MB hard drive space
HomeGuard 1.3.3 Screenshot
HomeGuard 1.3.3 Keywords
Bookmark HomeGuard 1.3.3
HomeGuard 1.3.3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.