Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows File Servers 6
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows File Servers 6 Ranking & Summary
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows File Servers 6 description
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows File Servers 6 is a software which can protect data stored on Windows file servers (including the latest x64 versions) from all types of malicious programs. The solution maintains high reliability and meets the exacting demands of corporate servers that carry heavy loads.
1. EFFECTIVE PROTECTION FROM MALICIOUS PROGRAMS
- On-access scanning. Files are scanned for malicious content when they are launched, opened or changed. If infected objects are detected, they can either be treated or deleted, while suspicious objects can be saved to the quarantine folder.
- Scanning of chosen areas. Scanning of selected areas of the system can be launched on demand by the system administrator or according to a schedule. The solution also offers the option of launching special scan tasks on those areas of the operating system that are most vulnerable to infection, which helps detect viruses that are capable of launching during system startup as well as hidden processes.
- Outbreak prevention. The application pins down the emergence of a virus attack to allow the administrator to make a prompt and appropriate response. For instance, during epidemics, the administrator can set up the solution to launch a scan task, update databases or switch to a more stringent protection level.
- Isolation of infected computers. To prevent an infected workstation from becoming a source of infection to other computers on the network, the application temporarily blocks the workstation from accessing network resources. The administrator then has time to identify the source of infection and run the disinfection utilities.
- Roll back. After detecting and removing a malicious object, the program also removes all entries made by the object in system files and registry. This prevents conflicts in the operating system at a later date
2. HIGH PERFORMANCE
Scalability. In a multiprocessor environment, the administrator can specify how many and which processors will be used for antivirus tasks.
Load balancing. The application allows for the redistribution of server resources between the antivirus solution and other applications depending upon which tasks have the highest priority. Antivirus scanning can be switched into background mode.
Optimized scanning. iSwift and iChecker technologies accelerate the program’s performance. Only during the first on-demand scan task are all objects analyzed, whereas during subsequent scans only new or modified files are selected for analysis.
Efficiency across the network. iSwift ensures that in situations where the antivirus solution is installed on both the workstation and the server, files are scanned only once (by the server antivirus).
Trusted processes. Safe processes (such as data backup, defragmentation of the hard disk, etc.) can be excluded from scanning to prevent them from being slowed down by unnecessary antivirus scanning.
3. FLEXIBLE ADMINISTRATION
- Centralized installation and administration. Kaspersky Administration Kit (available free-of-charge) is a tool that allows for the remote and centralized installation, configuration and maintenance of the application across several file servers.
- Signature updates. Updates to antivirus databases and program modules are available on demand or automatically according to a schedule. Updates can either be downloaded directly from Kaspersky Lab servers on the Internet or from local servers on the network. The program automatically chooses the least busy update server.
- Minimal disruption to users. The administrator can preset a start and end time for on-demand scanning tasks, scheduling them for times when there is less demand on server resources (for instance, overnight or at weekends). This option brings benefits in terms of more efficient use of available resources, as well as ensuring minimal disruption to the end user.
Reporting. Graphic HTML reports are available for monitoring application performance, which can be supplemented with the Windows Event Log and tools from Kaspersky Administration Kit. The frequency and content of reports are defined by the administrator.
Enhancements: Version 6 adds roll-back feature.Requirements:
- 50 MB available HDD space.
- CD-ROM (for installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus from CD).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher (for updating threat signatures and application modules over the Internet).
- Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows File Servers 6 Screenshot
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows File Servers 6 Keywords
Bookmark Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows File Servers 6
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows File Servers 6 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update August 25, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update August 18, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update August 12, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update July 28, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update July 21, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update July 13, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update July 12, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update July 09, 2009
- Quick Heal Anti-Virus for Windows 98/Me 2008
- LavaSoftware - KasperSky AntiVirus plugin 2.0
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update March 09, 2009
- VisNetic AntiVirus Plug-in for VisNetic MailServer 126.96.36.199
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update - 1 June 2007
- KasperSky AntiVirus PlugIn 2.0
- Quick Heal Anti-Virus for Windows NT/200 2008
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition 5.1.654
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstations 188.8.131.528 / 5.0.712
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Definitions 22 October 2008
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update February 23, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update February 02, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update March 02, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update February 11, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update April 05, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Update June 2, 2009