LanAgent 2.6 Ranking & Summary
LanAgent 2.6 description
LanAgent 2.6 offers you a useful tool which can monitor all computers in the local network. LanAgent is a reliable source of information about the time, which your employees spend in front of their PCs. This program records all actions that a user performs, while working on this or that computer. LanAgent will notify you about all activities, which your employees are not supposed to do at their working places, like chatting in ICQ, playing games or watching films.
Using LanAgent will guarantee you the effect as if you were always standing behind your employee and watching his/her monitor. All working day information will be gathered by this secret agent: websites visited, files or applications opened, the local net connections established, data copied to clipboard and so on. You can even configure your LanAgent, so that it will make screenshots on the selected computer within a set time period.
A notable point is that you will be aware of everything, which was happening on this or that computer, even at time, when you were not in your office. Besides, you do not need to worry, that your employees will detect you spying on them, as LanAgent is absolutely invisible to a simple non-expert user. All gathered data is sent to your computer in an encrypted form. The only two things you need to provide for steady work of the program is your employees IP address and the client part having been installed on his/her computer.
LanAgent is able to track startup or switch off time and is able to start/stop monitoring a certain remote computer at your first wish. Apart from that, the program is very logical in design: on the left you have a list of users to monitor and on the right you have exhaustive information on all activities of a certain user. LanAgent is a sure way to know how efficiently you employees spend their working hours.
- Intercepting keystrokes: LanAgent logs all keystrokes, which makes it possible to get the typed text. Special feature of the program making it possible to take system keys (such as Shift, Alt, Ctrl, ...) into account and the detection of the text input language make it easier to process this information later on. The following data is logged: event time; the title of the window where text was typed; the path to the executable file of the program where the text was typed; keystrokes and the name of the user who pressed the keys.
- Making screenshots: LanAgent saves screenshots. You will be able to see the image the user used to see on the monitor. Screenshots are made both on request from the administrator part and at the specified time interval. It is possible to configure the screenshot quality and the maximum disk space they will occupy.
- Monitoring launched and closed programs: LanAgent allows you to view all programs that were launched and closed on the monitored computer. The program logs the title of the program window, the full path to the executable file, the time when it was launched and closed, the name of the user who launched/closed the program. Also, LanAgent allows you to generate an analytical report where you will see the total active time and the time of active work in every program for each user.
- Intercepting ICQ and Mail.ru Agent messages: It intercepts all ICQ messages from any clients (ICQ, QIP, Miranda) and also Mail.ru agent messages. It logs the message text, the ICQ UIN for ICQ and the contact name for Mail Agent, the time when each message was sent or received and also the message type (incoming or outgoing). The LanAgent report wizard allows you to generate an analytical report that will show the statistics on user correspondence with each of the contacts and also the number of messages violating the specified security policies.
- Monitoring visited sites: LanAgent logs all sites the user visits. Major browsers are supported: Internet Explorer, Opera and Firefox. The following information is logged: URL, window title and the time when the page was opened. Visited sites are logged no matter whether the user clears the history in the browser. Besides, it is possible to generate an analytical report where you will see statistics on visited web resources for each user: what addresses and how many time the user visited and the percentage of visiting a specific resource as compared to the rest of the resources.
- Detecting connected and disconnected storage devices: Connecting and disconnecting storage devices is under control (for both USB devices (flash drives, MP3 players, digital cameras) and hard drives). The following data is logged: event type (connection or disconnection), the time of connection or disconnection, device type, its file system, serial number and volume label. It is possible to notify the security specialist about connecting or disconnecting storage devices.
- Makes shadow copy of files copied on a USB devices by employees: Monitoring USB devices and making a shadow copy of files copied, allow tracking information leaks that do not occur via online channels. The most comprehensive network security policy is rendered useless if files can be copies to off-line storage such as USB flash drive without proper accounting. LanAgent closes the last gap in the network security, allowing you to know that any information leak can be traced to the source. Making your employees aware of the monitoring makes using hot-plug USB devices less tempting if they are not authorized to use such devices. The following data is logged: the time of file coping or modification, action (coping or modification), file name, file size and file itself.
- Controlling the time when the computer is switched on and off: LanAgent controls the time when the computer is switched on and off, when the user log on and off, when the screensaver is started. It is possible to generate an analytical report about the computer operation: how much time it was switched on and off, the time of active work with the computer, how much time it was idle (when it was switched on, but no one worked with it).
- Intercepting documents sent to the printer :LanAgent allows you to view all documents sent to the printer. Both local and network printers are supported. The program will log the time of printing, the name of the printed document, the number of pages in it, the number of copies, the name of the printer the document was printed on and the image of the document itself. The analytical report about printers will allow you to analyze how many page and on which printer a certain user printed.
- Intercepting the clipboard contents: It logs any text copied to the clipboard. The title of the window the text was copied from is also logged.
- Monitoring the file system: LanAgent logs all file operations on the computer: copying, deleting and renaming files. Operations with files are monitored on both fixed disk drives and removable USB devices.
- Software installation and removal: With LanAgent, you can control software installation and removal on monitored computers.
- Monitoring Internet connections: LanAgent can log the time when an Internet connection was established and broken and log the time of the Internet connection for Internet connections established directly from the monitored computer (not via proxy server).
- Report wizard: The LanAgent Report Wizard offers tools for the analysis of how users spend their working time for a certain period of time. It is possible to generate both simple reports with collected data about user activity and unique analytical reports that provide information about operations with computers in a comfortable form: active and idle periods, active work in every applications, visited web resources and much more.
- Installing and removing agents remotely: It is possible to install the agent part of the program invisibly in LanAgent. It also possible to remove agents remotely.
- Invisible mode: It is absolutely impossible to notice agents using the standard tools of all Windows operating systems.
- High-level operation protection: A user who has no administrator rights on the computer will not be able to disable the program in order to stop the monitoring process in any way.
- Active notification about security policy violations: When users violate security policies, you will see the active notification window with the corresponding message in the administrator part of LanAgent (for the Standard version) or on the console of the security specialist (for Enterprise).
Enhancements: Possibility of shadow copying files is added
- CPU: Intel Pentium 3 (or analog) and higher,
- RAM: 128 MB,
- Free disk space: 30 MB
LanAgent 2.6 Screenshot
LanAgent 2.6 Keywords
Bookmark LanAgent 2.6
LanAgent 2.6 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.