USB Block Version 1.3.0
USB Block Version 1.3.0 Ranking & Summary
USB Block Version 1.3.0 description
USB Block Version 1.3.0 is a data leak prevention tool that prevents leakage and copy of your data to USB Drives, External Drives, CDs/DVDs or other such portable devices. Once installed, USB Block lets you block all such drives and devices that do not belong to you. With USB, you can share your PC with anyone without fear of data theft. USB Block also lets you create a list of devices and drives you authorize with a password so that only your USB drives or CDs can be accessed on your computer.
- Block USB Drives: USB Block allows you to block unauthorized USB drives from accessing your data. It blocks USB drives, external drives, FireWire, Enhanced mini-USB, Host Controller Interface (HCI), HP-IL, Com, LPT, IrDA, USB on-the-go, U3, EHCI, RAID Controller, Host adapter, Serial Cable (use with data transfer), Serial ATA, ACCESS.bus etc.
- Block Memory Cards & Digital Cameras: The program is designed to block unauthorized SD Cards, Multi Media Cards (MMC), Memory Sticks, Digital Cameras, Memory Cell Phones, iPods, Blackberry, Android and Other Mobile Phones that get connected to your computer.
- Block Discs / Floppy Drives: USB Block allows you to block any disc that uses disk hub, bay, combo or CD/DVD drive and allotted a drive letter like CD-R, CD-RW, CD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, HD-R (HD stands for High Definition Discs), HD-RW, HD-RAM, Blu Ray-R, Blu Ray-RW, Blu Ray-RAM, Floppy Disk A, Floppy Disk B, Zip Drives etc.
- Block Network Access: You can also block network mapped drives and computers if you activate Network Access protection of USB Block that will not only block map network drives but will also block specific drives and PCs in My Network Places, Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Networks, even if a user uses user on Run command, DOS or Windows Explorer or tries to access the drives via IP, USB Block will resolve it and find the PC name. Note: This feature would not however stop other's access to your own shared folders on your computer. For this, we recommend that you stop sharing all folders on your own computer, on which USB Block is installed.
- Block Non-System Drives: The program works great in blocking all Non-System (NS) drives like IDE, SATA, ATA, FATA, Parallel ATA, SCSI, SASI, RAID and other relevant types of Hard Drives and their partitions that are non system. Note: Blocking system drive may cause severe problem with your Operating System and is therefore not supported by USB Block.
- Set Access Control: USB Block allows users to set access control for the devices and set which type of devices can access the computer. It is possible to allow certain devices to access your computer while block all others. This means only authorized devices for which you have entered the correct password, or have added them in your Authorize List can access your data; and all the other devices which do not belong to you will be blocked from accessing your data.
- Data Leak Prevention: USB Block is a data leak prevention software that protects your data from getting leaked through USB drives, external drives, CDs, DVDs and other such removable storage devices. It blocks unauthorized access of such devices and in this way prevents leakage of your private files and folders.
- Copy Protection: USB Block does not allow copying of your data from your computer to any unauthorized device that does not belong to you. However, you can copy data to your own portable devices from your computer without any problem while keeping all other devices blocked from accessing your data.
- Protection in Safe Mode: By default, Safe Mode protection is activated in USB Block so that hackers cannot hack into your system by switching to Safe Mode and try to copy your data to their devices without your permission (password). However if you wish to deactivate this protection, you can do so from 'Program Options'. All those devices that you have authorized can access your computer in Safe Mode also.
- Stealth Mode: If you don't want others to know that you're using USB Block, you can activate the Stealth Mode so that you can run the software in complete stealth. This feature will remove the program shortcuts from Desktop, Start menu, Quick Launch and Add/Remove Programs and even from the Program Files and Install Location. Once Stealth Mode is activated, you can run the application only using the preferred hotkey that you set in the application's 'Program Options'.
- Hack Attempt Monitoring: This is the unmatched feature of USB Block that monitors hacking attempts and keeps a record of program deletion attempts, unauthorized uninstall attempts as well as fake login attempts with username and exact date and time, so that you can monitor who has tried to hack into your computer.
- Authorized Devices List: The program gives you an option to add your own removable devices to Authorize List so that, you will not be prompted to enter the password whenever they plug into your computer. All such devices that you have added in your Authorize List will get full access to your computer while all the other devices will remain blocked from accessing your private files and folders.
- Reports & Logs of Authorized Devices: The program maintains comprehensive reports of all the authorize devices and their usage which can be found by clicking 'Reports & Logs' tab of the program. These reports and logs show records of all the authorize devices along with their names, types, how many times they plugged in, exact date and time at which devices were authorized.
- Compatibility: USB Block is fully compatible with Windows XP 32-bit, XP 64-bit, Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 2000 and it is also compatible on all file systems like FAT, FAT32 and NTFS.
- USB Block, formerly known as Device Block is now a more stable version of the same product with enhanced protection and improved monitoring features. There are some fixes related to password prompt for blocked items, some GUI enhancements and important bug fixes.
USB Block Version 1.3.0 Screenshot
USB Block Version 1.3.0 Keywords
Bookmark USB Block Version 1.3.0
USB Block Version 1.3.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.