ViPNet Safe Disk 3.1.0
ViPNet Safe Disk 3.1.0 Ranking & Summary
ViPNet Safe Disk 3.1.0 description
ViPNet Safe Disk 3.1.0 enables you create encrypted disk partitions (drive letters) to keep your private and confidential data secure. It keeps your confidential data in a strongly encrypted form on your disk and provides you with transparent access to it from any application program. The encrypted partition resides in a single file which is easy to backup to any media like a recordable CD or DVD to protect it from data loss.
ViPNet Safe Disk creates one or more virtual disks on your hard drive and/or other external storage devices. Once a user creates a virtual encrypted disk, that disk is assigned a new drive letter and appears to the user like any other system drive (like the A: or C: drive).
In the working process the system is creating files so-called "containers", whose size is specified by user; the files are displayed as logic disks. When the disk is mounted, the data is automatically encrypted and decrypted when the user writes or reads this data respectively. When the disk is unmounted, either manually or by logging out of Windows, the secure data it contains becomes completely unreadable and undetectable by the operating system.
Best of all, since Safe Disk appears to Windows as another drive letter, it is instantly compatible with almost any standard business application, word processor, spreadsheet or database program. All information that the user stores on the disks is kept encrypted. When read, the information automatically is being decrypted, when saved-encrypted. This process is completely transparent for a PC user.
- ViPNet Safe Disk utilizes AES and GOST encryption algorithms with a key length - 256 bits;
- Fair-sized container creation in full functional version is limited only by the File System capacity, it allows to create one container up to 100MB in size;
- Danger mode for containers urgent disconnection and Safe Disk program emergency quitting;
- Extreme Danger mode for containers destruction with no possibility to restore their contents;
- Possibility to connect containers for read only;
- Automatic connection of selected containers after logon to ViPNet Safe Disk;
- Automatic disconnection of containers after specified period of user inactivity;
- Automatic disconnection of containers after logout from ViPNet Safe Disk;
- One of the three protection types can be used to access to container: password protection, protection keys storage in a special Key file, Tokens;
- The system is invisible for a PC user: while non-activated, the system cannot be seen (only connected device of data storage (Reader, for example) can show presence of the system);
- When requested for real password, use the one for "under control" mode. The password of the given mode allows to conceal the presence of any confidential information when concealing the presence of the very system is impossible;
- In case of hard disk corruption, operating system reinstallation, or computer viruses attack, the access to the sensitive data can be restored by means of Safe Disk program with no risk for the data safety;
- Safe Disk's Configuration Recovery feature allows rolling back to the moment when undesirable changes to sensitive data have not been made;
- Data transportation from one PC to another is safe and secure with ViPNet Safe Disk: it is accomplished with container export and then import from export file;
- Multi user working with a program is supported in a full functional version of ViPNet Safe Disk, ViPNet Safe Disk Free Edition is a single user only;
- Event log is kept to track user actions;
- You can track the formatting process of a large container. An indicator window provides it;
- Program's interface is comprehensible and smart - it excludes the possibility of destructive actions from a beginner user.
Enhancements: New Version
ViPNet Safe Disk 3.1.0 Screenshot
ViPNet Safe Disk 3.1.0 Keywords
Bookmark ViPNet Safe Disk 3.1.0
ViPNet Safe Disk 3.1.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.