VIPstegano 1.1.1 Ranking & Summary
VIPstegano 1.1.1 description
VIPstegano 1.1.1 offers an effective tool which helps you to hide messages. Characteristic is that nobody even notices their existence. In digital photos you can easily hide text in the color information. This program uses one pixel per byte text. That means for example that a three Megapixel photo with 24-bit encoding (e.g. 2048 * 1536) can contain 3 Megabytes of text- or a thumbnail of 32 * 32 pixels 1 KB. And you hardly notice it. But the smaller the ratio text/pixels the better. Pictures with only 8-bit color information can be handled as well. Their capacity is a third of the above.
The position of each used pixel looks randomized - if you detect one. It is calculated in a unique and very fast way and depends on your password. The password is not stored in the picture! Try a slightly different password to recover the text and you will see what a garbage you get. The pictures with the hidden text cannot be compressed. Compression means loss off accuracy. The letters cannot be recognized anymore. You must save them in bmp-format. But you can open and use pictures in jpg-format. Internally they are transformed to bmp-format. Most programs that can handle pictures can use the bmp-format - including the latest internet browsers.
The program has two main windows. The simple text editor for plain text and the picture window.
- Check - checks if hidden text can be detected with your password
- Recover text - reads the hidden text if the password is correct.
- The time that your PC needed for the last process of hiding or recovering text is displayed in the statusbar in milliseconds.
- Open picture, Reload and Save picture
- On/off - shows or hides the overview window
- Test: built in test pictures
- With the demo version you can test as long as you like but opening and saving of pictures is not possible.
- You can hide text in a picture. The positions of the letters are calculated in a unique way using your password
- A 3 Megapixel photo (e.g. 2048 * 1536 24bit colors) can hide 3 Megabytes of text
- Even a tiny thumbnail of 32 * 32 can contain 1 KB
- Pictures in 8bit color encoding can be used as well - but their capacity is only about one third of the 24bit ones
- After writing into the picture you do not notice any change in it
- But picture compression is not possible because of the loss of accurate information. Therefore the pictures must be saved in bmp-format
- Just send your thumbnails as email attachment over the internet - don't trade your right to privacy
- No one will be suspicious. Scanning for keywords is just impossible
- PC with over 200 MHz
- More than 128 MB memory
VIPstegano 1.1.1 Screenshot
VIPstegano 1.1.1 Keywords
Bookmark VIPstegano 1.1.1
VIPstegano 1.1.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.