ActivePatch 1.20 Build 1240
ActivePatch 1.20 Build 1240 Ranking & Summary
ActivePatch 1.20 Build 1240 description
Unlike other products, ActivePatch does not simply create incremental updates and re-package the files. It analyzes each file at the byte level, and determines the best method for updating the target file on the users system.
ActivePatch is designed to work on both text and binary files of any type, including executables, libraries, data files and documents. It can be used to create a patch of a single file, or can be used to create an update for a complete product, modifying existing files, removing files that are no longer needed and creating the new files that have been added.
ActivePatch is available as a standard dynamic link library (DLL) and an ActiveX component, and can be used with virtually any Microsoft Windows development language or scripting tool.
The ActivePatch API is designed to be simple enough to easily integrate into existing products, as well as offer a great degree of power and flexibility. ActivePatch comes with sample programs written in Visual Basic and C++, and includes utilities that simplify the creation and application of patches.
- Support for all file types Patches are generated by analyzing the original and updated file at the byte level, and will work on all file types including text files, binary data files and executable programs.
- Optimal patch file generation : The patch generation algorithm is adaptive, selecting the optimal method for creating the patch based on the contents of the file and the extent of the changes between the original and updated versions of the file. The developer has the option to generate smaller patches at the expense of speed and memory usage, or minimize memory usage during patch generation at the expense of the patch size.
- Fast patch file application: The patch application algorithm is designed for speed and minimal memory and CPU utilization on the target platform.
- Update multiple files and directories: Create patch archives which can be used to update multiple files at once. Directories can be recursively scanned, producing a list of files that have been added, deleted and modified from the original distribution.
- Safe error recovery: A patch is only applied when it has been determined that all updated files have been patched successfully and have passed all validation checks. The patch application process calculates and verifies CRC check-sums for each file, compares file version information and validates any Authenti-Code digital signatures present in object modules. File deletions may be sent to the Windows recycle bin for easy recovery by the user.
- Automatic file backup and logging: Backup copies of the files modified during the patching process can be created, allowing the patch to be rolled back if needed. Activity during the patch application process is automatically logged in a human-readable text format.
- Support for file attributes and permissions: After the patch process has completed, the files time-stamp, attributes and permissions are updated to match the new version of the file. The developer can choose to ignore these values if required.
- Support for shared files: A file can be marked as shared and if it is currently in use, it will be replaced after the next system reboot. If a shared file is added or removed from the system, the files reference count in the registry will be updated accordingly.
- Support for ActiveX components: When a self-registering ActiveX component is updated, it can be automatically registered after the patching process has completed.
ActivePatch 1.20 Build 1240 Screenshot
ActivePatch 1.20 Build 1240 Keywords
Bookmark ActivePatch 1.20 Build 1240
ActivePatch 1.20 Build 1240 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.