Apache Wicket 1.4.18
Apache Wicket 1.4.18 Ranking & Summary
Apache Wicket 1.4.18 description
Apache Wicket 1.4.18 is launched to be a helpful and smart program which focusses on bringing plain object oriented Java programming to the web tier. With proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing lack of XML, Apache Wicket makes developing web-apps simple and enjoyable again.
Swap the boilerplate, complex debugging and brittle code for powerful, reusable components written with plain Java and HTML. Get Apache Wicket and give it a go to see how useful it can be for you!
- POJO Component Model
- Pages and Components in Wicket are real Java objects that support encapsulation, inheritance and events.
- Ease of Development
- Because Wicket is Java and HTML, you can leverage what you know about Java or your favorite HTML editor to write Wicket applications.
- Separation of Concerns
- Wicket does not mix markup with Java code and adds no special syntax to your markup files. The worlds of HTML and Java are parallel and associated only by Wicket ids, which are attributes in HTML and Component properties in Java. Since Wicket HTML is just HTML and Wicket Java is just Java, coders and designers can work independently to a large degree and without relying on any special tools.
- Wicket is secure by default. URLs do not expose sensitive information and all component paths are session-relative. Explicit steps must be taken to share information between sessions. Furthermore URL encryption allows highly secure web sites.
- Transparent, Scalable Clustering Support
- All Wicket applications will work on a cluster automatically and without additional work. Once bottlenecks are understood, Wicket enables tuning of page state replication. The next version of Wicket will support client-side models for zero-state scalability.
- Transparent Back Button Support
- Wicket supports configurable page version management. When users submit a form or follow a link from a page they accessed with the back button in their browser, Wicket is able to revert the page object to the state it was in when the page was originally rendered. This means you can write web applications that support the back button with very little work.
- Multi-tab and multi-window support
- Wicket provides an easy way to write application that supports multi-window and multi-tab usage allowing developer to react properly when users open new browser window or tab
- Reusable Components
- Reusable components in Wicket are particularly easy to create. Not only can you extend existing components with the Java extends keyword, but you can also create Panel components which associate a group of components as a reusable unit.
- Simple, Flexible, Localizable Form Validation
- It is trivial to write and use validators in Wicket. It is also quite easy to customize and localize the display and content of validation error messages.
- Typesafe Sessions
- Wicket eliminates the need to manage HttpSession attributes by hand. Page and component objects are transparently stored in the session and your application can create a custom session subclass with typesafe properties as well. All objects stored in the session can automatically participate in clustering replication.
- Factory Customizable
- Wicket is very extensible. Most operations are customizable through factories or factory methods.
- Detachable Models
- Model objects in Wicket can be very lightweight in terms of memory and network use in a cluster. When a model is used, it can “attach”, populating itself with information from persistent storage. When the model is no longer in use, transient information can be reset, reducing the size of the object.
- Border Components
- Wicket Border components enable the decoration of pages in a reusable fashion. This is especially useful for inheritance of common navigational structures or layout.
- Support for All Basic HTML Features
- Wicket supports image tags, links, forms and everything else that you’re used to using in your web application development.
- Programmatic Manipulation of Attributes
- Wicket Components can programmatically change any HTML tag attribute.
- Automatic Conversions
- Once a Form validates, the model can be updated using Wicket converters. Most ordinary conversions are built-in and it is easy to write new converters.
- Dynamic Images
- Wicket makes image use, sharing and generation very easy. Dynamic images can be created by simply implementing a paint method.
- Pageable ListView
- ListViews in Wicket are extremely powerful. You can nest any kind of component in a ListView row, even other ListViews. PageableListView supports navigation links for large lists.
- Tree Component
- Out of the box tree component for navigating and selecting nodes.
- HTML pages, images and resource strings can all be localized.
- Wicket has numerous examples showcasing all of the above features.
- [Wicket-3023] - Ajax does not work with XHTML
- [Wicket-3328] - Selection remains after removing collapsed node in the tree.
- [Wicket-3449] - Tree doesn't update correctly
- [Wicket-3471] - WicketTester checkUsability is called before the request has started
- [Wicket-3520] - SHOW_NO_EXCEPTION_PAGE responding with HTTP status 500 is overwritten by redirect
- [Wicket-3563] - Interaction betwen IAjaxRegionMarkupIdProvider, renderPlaceholderTag and visibility
- [Wicket-3575] - ResourceLink uses the wrong PageMap, if used as a PopupLink
- [Wicket-3586] - EnclosureContainer should honor relevantChild.determineVisibility
- [Wicket-3587] - InspectorPage's RequestPage doesn't properly print the collected data
- [Wicket-3605] - Ajax header-contribution omits IE conditional comments
- [Wicket-3606] - Wicket-ajax.js replaceOuterhtmlIE() fails when the page title has to be updated with Ajax
- [Wicket-3615] - ModalWindow does not work in Opera 11.10 and MSIE 6
- [Wicket-3616] - Wicket Tester behavior changed - Form Tester Ajax Submit clears already filled in TextField
- [Wicket-3650] - parentFolderPlaceholder default value in Settings implementation is inconsistent with the javadoc
- [Wicket-3656] - Maven quickstart gives warnings about missing plugin versions
- [Wicket-3666] - IValidationError should extend IClusterable
- [Wicket-3668] - Session.getPageMaps is not thread safe.
- [Wicket-3671] - ListItem partakes in stringresource key generation, resulting in formName.repeaterName.0.fieldName like keys.
- [Wicket-3711] - FormTester doesn't treat SubmitLink and AjaxSubmitLink correctly
- [Wicket-3715] - FileUpload writeToTempFile() method throws NPE for sessionless requests
- [Wicket-3727] - MultiFileUploadField internationalisation does not work
- [Wicket-3739] - Wicket-datetime datepicker fails to display calendar with js error in calendar.js:3225 in IE8
- [Wicket-3766] - Strings#escapeMarkup() creates invalid XML for control characters
- [Wicket-3774] - html file are not encoding to utf-8
- [Wicket-3779] - Session MetaData changes aren't synchronized and don't call dirty()
- [Wicket-3780] - Warning text outdated in InheritedMarkupMarkupLoader
- [Wicket-3820] - New Chrome merges text in replaceOuterHtml, breaking Wicket-ajax
- [Wicket-3840] - AjaxSubmitLink does not respect its getForm()
- [Wicket-3842] - The Wicket:enclosure attribute doesn't work properly
- [Wicket-3843] - NPE with Wicket:enclosure attribute and hierarchy mismatch
- [Wicket-3868] - Feedback message should be handled the same way everywhere.
- [Wicket-3872] - MarkupContainer.removeAll() does not detach models recursively
- [Wicket-3887] - Problems concerning IE9 with "ActiveX Filtering" enabled
- [Wicket-3921] - No HTTP response cache headers are set in Wicket Ajax redirects
- [Wicket-3446] - Upgrade to new Guice 3.0
- [Wicket-3550] - Make Select component generic
- [Wicket-3580] - Remove ISortStateLocator.setSortState() method.
- [Wicket-3585] - Let AbstractResourceStreamWriter implement empty getContentType()
- [Wicket-3607] - make ModalWindow CSS contibution more configurable
- [Wicket-3630] - Patch to make ModalWindow's WindowClosedBehavior extensible
- [Wicket-3709] - SignInPanel shouldn't hard code input field size
- [Wicket-3710] - org/ apache/Wicket/markup/html/tree/AbstractTree.java treeNodesRemoved loops forever
- [Wicket-3856] - Relax Wicket:enclosure warning suggesting the usage of EnclosureContainer
- [Wicket-3873] - Allow validators to detach by mixing in IDetachable
- [Wicket-3895] - Ignore the exception when closing a connection used to get the resource last modification time
- [Wicket-3903] - Split AutoLabelResolver into Wicket:for and Wicket:label
- [Wicket-3904] - Error Message Typo - should be element not header
- New Feature
- [Wicket-1469] - New Wicket tag 'Wicket:for'
- [Wicket-3738] - Provide an API for retrieving form component label when one is not set via setLabel(IModel)
- [Wicket-3857] - Allow validators access to component's model
- JDK 1.5 or newer
Apache Wicket 1.4.18 Screenshot
Apache Wicket 1.4.18 Keywords
Bookmark Apache Wicket 1.4.18
Apache Wicket 1.4.18 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.