AptEdit Lite 5.0
AptEdit Lite 5.0 Ranking & Summary
AptEdit Lite 5.0 description
AptEdit Lite 5.0 is the Swiss Army Knife of code editors. The ideal text editor, HEX editor, HTML editor and terminal editor for Windows. It offers many powerful features to view and edit just about any text or binary file, and it's an excellent source editor for Web page authors, developers, and programmers.
AptEdit can be installed on FLASH or other portable drives. All user configurations are saved in the portable drive. You can carry AptEdit with you wherever your travels or business take you and run it on almost any computer.
AptEdit is a full-featured text editor, HEX editor, HTML editor, terminal editor, and Programmers Editor for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista. It offers many powerful features to view and edit just about any text or binary file, and it's an excellent source editor for Web page authors, developers, and programmers. It can also serve as a good Notepad replacement.
AptEdit can be installed on FLASH or other portable drives. All user configurations are saved in the portable drive. You can carry AptEdit with you wherever your travels or business take you and run it on almost any computer
1. File Access / Management
- Document selector.
- Full Unicode support on Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista: Conversion between Big-Endian and Little-Endian formats; Support for UTF-8 and conversions to/from UTF-8; Support for UTF-7 and conversions to/from UTF-7.
- Open file using the default encoding.
- Reload open file as specified encoding.
- Open binary file.
- Open Drive.
- Open include file for C/C++.
- Favorite files support.
- Support files larger than 4G bytes.
- Open multiple files at once from the file open dialog and command line.
- Save, Save As, Save All, Save Selection As file.
- Copy File As.
- Delete File.
- Export selected/file HEX bytes to file.
- Close, Close All files.
- Create a new file using specified template.
- Support for rename of files.
- Recent Files submenu stores up to 50 files.
- Send Mail - sends the active file as a MAIL attachment.
- Auto detect UNIX, MAC and Binary/Hex files when loaded.
- UNIX/MAC file conversions (to/from DOS).
- Multiple files open and displayed at the same time.
- Open and edit files via FTP; FTP Open, FTP Save As, Setting for ASCII / BINARY / PASSIVE transfers, Store FTP accounts list and other settings.
- File Tree View: List of files on drive (open selected files, file properties); List of Project files; List ASCII Table; Filter for File Tree View.
- Word count.
2. File Display / Edit
- Customizable Color scheme.
- Customizable Full-Screen scheme.
- Number Converter. (new)
- Pressed key "Alt" and Left-Clicking to select text in column mode.
- Text convert to HTML. Allow to set the HTML charset, output line number and syntax color.
- Toggle Text, HEX, HTML and Column edit mode.
- Function List.
- Converts ASCII to EBCDIC.
- Converts EBCDIC to ASCII.
- Source code foldin: Collapse all blocks; Expand all blocks.
- Show the unfolded code inside the folded area in a baloon tip while hovering over it; Double-Clicking the folded area to expand the code block.
- Word Wrap Support.
- Option to show matching braces.
- Show the value of active character on status bar.
- Duplicate Line.
- Add/Remove comment.
- Add file comment.
- Add procedure comment.
- Char Transpose.
- Line Transpose.
- Drag and Drop.
- Multi-level undo and redo.
- Insert file into an open document at cursor position.
- Line Length no limit.
- Home Key positions at first non-space, then first character.
- Show spaces, tabs and new lines.
- Status bar displays number of characters selected.
- Dockable "Output Window" can show the result of command "Find in Files" / "Replace in Files".
- Full Screen mode.
- Horz split window.
- Color selection for active line (line with cursor).
- Option to make AptEdit window at top.
- Option to show ruler and row line number.
- Create backup file while saving file.
- HEX mode editing: Data interpreter; HEX character set; HEX Redo/Undo; Copy selected bytes as C/Java/Pascal/C# data array; HEX Cut, Copy and Paste support; Increase/Decrease showing columns; View integer/float-point number values; Color highlighting changed bytes; HEX Find; HEX offsets can be presented and prompted for in a decimal, octal or hexadecimal notation; Checksum/Hash Calculator.
- HTML mode editing: View in browser; View in external browser; Insert HTML comment; Insert HTML color; Insert HTML special character; Insert HTML header, block content, table, image, list, frame, form, object and link.
- Column mode editing: Insert/Fill columns; Insert line numbers; Left Alignment; Center Alignment; Right Alignment.
- Insert date and time.
- Insert date.
- Insert time.
- Insert page break.
- Delete blank lines from the selection or all text lines.
- Copy the selection and append it to the clipboard.
- Cut the selection and append it to the clipboard.
- Copy the path of active file to the clipboard.
- Copy the name of active file to the clipboard.
Clear the operation list.
- Separate font for text/HEX mode.
- Set display font.
- Insert/overstrike mode with cursor and status bar indication.
- Preview XML file content using seamless web browser.
- Update the indent/undent on editing HTML source.
3. Search / Replace
- Perl-Compatible Regular Expression(PCRE) in search and replace.
- Find, Find Next, Find Previous.
- Find In Files.
- Replace In Files.
- Mark all matched lines.
- Find / Replace in all open files.
- Find / Replace in specified directory, option to include sub directory.
- Find Disk File.
- Find matching braces.
- Search left/right brace.
- Bookmark support: Set bookmark; Clear all bookmarks; Browse bookmarks.
- Browse changed lines in text editing mode.
- Goto specified line in text editing mode.
- Goto specified offset byte in HEX editing mode.
- HEX Find.
- Text conversion to lower or upper case, invert case and capitalization.
- Increase/Decrease indentation.
- SPACES to TABS for all tabs, or just leading tabs in a line.
- TABS to SPACES.
- Convert Fixed Width to Character Delimited (CSV) text file.
- Convert Character Delimited (CSV) to Fixed Width text file.
- Set the line terminator of the active file.
- Set the encoding of active file as UTF-7, UTF-8(BOM, or no BOM), UTF-16(BOM, or no
- BOM, little endian or big endian).
- Printing preview.
- Printing line numbers.
- Headers/footers (with alignment commands), margins and page breaks.
- Printing of syntax highlighting in color.
- Font Selection for display and printer.
- Create project.
- Manage project.
- Add active file to project.
- Add all open files to project.
- Add files to project.
- Delete active file from project.
- Delete files from project.
- Recent Projects submenu stores up to 50 projects.
- Support to install AptEdit on FLASH or any other portable drives.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts, support keyboard mapping scheme.
- Runs the Windows calculator "calc.exe".
- Opens the directory of the active document on the windows explorer.
- Presents the DOS Shell window.
- Text files Comparison and merging.
- Binary files Comparison.
- Executes user tools.
- Save and restore toolbars position.
- Spell checker.
- Open web page on the system default web brower while double-clicking the URL address.
- Edit email on the system default email application while double-clicking the Email address.
- Check the new version on startup if if option "Check new version on startup" is enabled in
- "Advanced | options | General" page.
- Prompt a message when user open a file using an error encoding.
8. Document selector. The Document Selector offers quick mouse access to all document windows currently loaded. Much faster than selecting on Window menu or pressing Ctrl+Tab key multiple times.
9. Full Unicode support. Not only can you open Unicode files but you can also edit files as Unicode so you can display multiple languages at the same time. AptEdit supports Unicode little endian, Unicode big endian, UTF-8, UTF-7, Baltic, Central European, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Cyrillic, Greek, Japanese (Shift-JIS), Japanese (JIS), Japanese (EUC), Korean, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese, Western European, and all other encodings available in Windows.
10. Customizable Full-Screen scheme
- On the Advanced menu, select Options..., and choose Full Screen page.
- On the Full Screen page select a Full-Screen scheme and then choose Save As to create a full-screen scheme that you can customize.
- In the Save Active Scheme As dialog box, type a name for your new scheme.
11. Number Converter . You can select menu [Edit] -> [Number Converter] to convert number to another base number.
12. Auto-Completion. Auto-completion is a time-saving feature which changes a short abbreviation into a complete string. Also, you can create your own auto-completion file to support other programming languages.
13. Function List. AptEdit shows the functions in the active document.
14. Copy selected bytes as C/Java/Pascal/C# data array. Example, selected 7 bytes in HEX editor
15. Copy these bytes as C/C++ data array
16. View and export integer/float-point number values. In HEX edit mode, go to aimed offset, select menu "HEX"->"View Float-point Number", then display the View Float-Point Number dialog box. The float-point numbers will be listed in the dialog. You can specify the count of float-point numbers and the start offset.
17. Binary Template. In HEX edit mode, you can use binary template to view and parse the binary file. Example, open a drive, and apply the binary template "FAT Boot Sector", AptEdit show the blow result.
18. Export selected/file HEX bytes to file. Example, selected bytes from offset 0x20 to offset 0xA6 in HEX editor. Export these selected bytes to a text file
19. Source code folding. You can select a region of code (that is, a selected block of text) and hide (collapse) it so that it appears under a symbol. You can then expand or hide the region by clicking the plus sign (+) next to the symbol. Outlined code is not deleted, it is merely hidden from view. You can create nested regions of outlining so that you might expand one section that contain one or more subsections of collapsed text.
20. Default encoding support. You can specify the encoding to be used by certain functions within the text editor, such as opening file.
21. Open include file for C/C++. In C/C++ text window, you can right-click on the "include" line and select the top menu item [Open Document"..."] on the pop-up menu. Then the included file will be open and shown in AptEdit.
22. Favorite files support. You can store the filenames and encoding of the favorite files or frequently open files that you wish to quickly reference and open in the future. You can add/remove files to/from your favorite files.
- On the File menu, select Favorite Files.... It displays a Favorite Files dialog box.
- In the Favorite Files dialog box, click Add Active File button to add the current file to favorite files, click Add Open File(s) button to add all open files, click Add File(s) button to add the specified files, click Add FTP File(s) button to add FTP files, and click Add Folder button to add the files in the specified folder to favorite files.
- In the Favorite Files dialog box, select the files that you want to remove from favorite files, then click Remove File(s) button to remove them.
23. HEX mode editing. HEX cut, copy and paste support. View integer and float point number.
24. Support files larger than 4G bytes. Supports files in excess of 4GB in HEX edit mode.
25. Syntax highlighting.
26. HTML mode editing. Provides a quick method to insert common HTML tags.
27. Insert HTML header, block content, table, image, list, frame, form, object and link
- HTML header includes the following elements:DTD, Strict DTD, Transitional DTD, Frameset DTD, Root Element, Document Header, Title, Base, Link, Style, Meta, Script, Java Script, VB Script and Document Body.
- HTML block content contains the Heading Levels, Lengthy Quotation, Preformatted Text, Address and Block Division elements.
- HTML table includes the following elements: Table, Caption, Th, Tr and Td.
- HTML image allows you to insert an image to the file.
- HTML list provides four options: Ordered List, Unordered List, Definition List and List Item.
- HTML frame includes the Frameset, Frame and Noframe elements.
- HTML form includes the following elements: Button, Form, Submit Button, Reset Button, Text, Password, Hidden, Textarea, File, Radio, Checkbox, Select and Select Option.
- HTML object contains the Object, Java Applet, Embed and Param.
- HTML link includes the following elements: Simple Hypertext Link, Name Fragment and Link Fragment.
28. Column mode editing. Supports columns select, copy, cut, delete and insert operations. It also can insert equential numbers and text.
29. Open and edit files via FTP. FTP client built in to give access to FTP servers with multiple account settings and automatic logon and save.
30. Files comparison and merging. AptEdit can compare two text files or two binary files.
31. Horz split window. Creates a duplicate pane within the active document allowing the user to edit the active document in two separate locations at the same time.
32. Find In Files. It allows you to search for a string within specified files or folders containing a specified file type. AptEdit allows you to further specify search characteristics, such as encodings, and the ability to exclude specific files from a search.
33. Replace In Files. Just like the Find in Files feature, you can specify an encoding to use for the document. To prevent unwanted automated editing, such as inserting unintended words, you can select to leave open all files that have been changed. Results from replace operations appear in the output window. You can choose to display only the file name information in the replace report.
34. Add file comment. Add file comment for program languages. Ability to customize the file comment.
35. Add procedure comment. Add procedure comment for program languages. Ability to customize the procedure comment.
36. Add/Remove comment. Add/Remove comment for program languages.
37. New file template. Ability to customize the new file template.
38. Drag and Drop. Supports Object Linking & Embedding (OLE) drag and drop, enabling you to copy or move selected text between AptEdit and other supported applications such as NotePad.
39. Word Wrap Support. Wrap at window edge, or wrap at the specified column.
40. Automatic up file. Automatic up file generated with (.bak) extension in the directory of the original file or the directory of user specified.
41. Insert file into an open document at cursor position. Insert content of a file into cursor position of current document.
1. New features:
Add a new text edit mode that it between Line Edit mode and Column Edit mode. In Line Edit mode, while pressing "Alt" key and "left-mouse", you can select column block by moving mouse. In this new edit mode, you can edit text as same as in Column Edit mode. You can return to the Line Edit mode by left-clicking on the edit window.
Use Color picker to pick any color from anywhere on the screen. ("Edit | Insert | Insert Color..." or "Advanced | Color Picker..." menu)
Configure user tools. ("Options | User Tools" page)
Go to the function definition. (Right-clicking on function)
Set selection range. ("Edit | Select | Select Range..." menu)
Add command "Find Previous Word" ("Search | Find Previous Word" menu)
Add command "Find Next Word" ("Search | Find Next Word" menu)
Add "Count All" feature. ("Find" dialog box)
Close the end braces automatically. ("Options | File Syntax" page)
Improve on auto-completion.
Check and remove the invalid CR/LFs while loading document. ("Options | File" page)
Check null characters and convert them to spaces while loading document. ("Options | File" page)
Shows the insertion position while dragging open file button on Open File bar.
Shows the character value (UNICODE and ANSI) when double-clicking the Character Value panel of the status bar.
Shows the "Select Line Terminator" dialog box to specify the line terminator of current document when double-clicking the Line Terminator panel of the status bar.
2. Bugs Fixed:
New file name cannot exceed 64 characters.
Cannot match the end of line when find/replace using regular expression.
Not update the matching braces after REDO or UNDO operation.
Insert string in an error position while draging or droping text in column edit mode.
Error in saving shortcuts user defined.
Not modify the anchor position while navigate the cursor.
Not highlight the entire line text if the length of line text is more than the horizontal scroll size when selecting text from line begin to line end.
May cause the program crashed while matching braces.
Switching active file cause screen flicker.
Enhance the move speed of caret in edit window.
May cause the program crashed while function list is empty.
Syntax highlighting problem for HTML, ASP files.
Problem in customizing syntax highlighting.
AptEdit Lite 5.0 Screenshot
AptEdit Lite 5.0 Keywords
Bookmark AptEdit Lite 5.0
AptEdit Lite 5.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- AptEdit Pro 5.3 build 415
- AptEdit 5.3
- AptEdit Pro 5.3
- AptEdit Pro 5.2 build 405
- AptEdit Lite 5.2 build 405
- AptEdit Lite 5.2.0 Build 405
- AptEdit Pro 5.2.0 Build 405
- AptEdit 5.2.0 Build 405
- AptEdit Pro 5.2
- AptEdit 5.2
- AptEdit Lite 5.1 build 394
- AptEdit Pro 5.1 build 394
- AptEdit Pro 5.1
- AptEdit Pro 5.0.3 build 383
- AptEdit Lite 5.0.3 build 383