ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.2
ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.2 Ranking & Summary
RankingClick at the star to rank
User Review: 0 (0 times)
File size: 2.91 MB
Platform: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 4.x,WinXP,Windows2000
Date added: 2009-03-24
Publisher: Winnersh Triangle Web Solutions Limited
ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.2 description
ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.2 offers an effective tool which helps you to create comprehensive documentation for ASP.NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 web applications written in VB.NET and C# and associated SQL Server/Microsoft Access databases. Reports are created in standard HTML, Microsoft HTML Help and plain text formats. Supports Microsofts XML comments code documentation standards. Documents additional web application files, including web.config files, user controls, web services (.asmx files) and HTTP handlers. Non-web mode allows documentation of other .NET projects including Windows Forms and Class libraries. Includes documentation, Premium Edition contains source code. An ASP Documentation Tool is also available - there are discounts when purchased together with the ASP.NET Documentation Tool.
- Supports the following project types:
- Windows Forms
- Console Applications
- Class libraries
- More than one project can included in the documentation, making it possible to document entire Visual Studio "Solutions".
- For ASP.NET projects, the file parser extracts content from files written in either VB.NET or C#. Supported file types are:
- ASP.NET files (.aspx, .asax).
- User Controls (.ascx).
- Master pages (.master).
- Web Services (.asmx).
- HTTP Handlers/Web Handlers (.ashx).
- Code Behind Files containing the code associated with ASP.NET files and User Controls.
- Custom components (.vb and .cs).
- Web.config files.
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) files.
- ASP.NET 2.0 site map files.
- For Windows Forms projects and other non-ASP.NET projects, the file parser extracts content from files written in either VB.NET or C#. Supported file types are:
- Windows Forms (.vb, .cs).
- Custom components/classes (.vb and .cs).
- App.config files.
- Supports most C# and VB.NET XML Comments used by Visual Studio.NET and other code editors.
- Compatible with .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 code.
- Silverlight/WPF files are also supported. Note that this technology is still in the early stages of development by Microsoft and may be subject to change.
- Configuration of the .NET Documentation Tool is through the editing of a plain text configuration file [sample].
- Can be scheduled to automatically update project documentation by making use of the Windows AT command or the Task Scheduler.
- Can be integrated with Visual Studio.NET through the Tools menu bar.
- Detailed product documentation in Microsoft's HTML Help format.
- Log file creation shows a comprehensive summary of the .NET Documentation Tool's actions.
- Report shows the following for both VB.NET and C#:
- Namespaces: What namespaces are in the project, and which classes are in each namespace.
- Classes: What classes are in the project, which namespace they belong to and what constructors, functions and subroutines are defined within each class. Partial classes are also supported.
- Enumerators and their properties.
- Constructors: Where they are defined, and which arguments they use.
- Functions: Where they are defined, and which arguments they use.
- Subroutines: Where they are defined, and which arguments they use.
- Additionally for ASP.NET projects:
- Where Application and Session variables are used.
- Which User Controls are used in the project.
- Which Web Controls are used in the project.
- Which Validation Controls are used in the project.
- What web.config files are used on the project.
- For Windows projects:
- What app.config files are used on the project.
- What controls are used on Windows Forms.
- Where email addresses are located in the project.
- SQL Server 7.0, 2000 and 2005 databases associated with the .NET project can also be documented, with the following features:
- Shows a list of tables within the database.
- Shows a list of views within the database.
- Shows a list of column names, type and length associated with each table.
- Shows a list of stored procedures, including the full text of each stored procedure and its input parameters.
- Shows where the stored procedure is called from in code (provided the EXEC keyword is used in SQL statements or the stored procedures are prefixed with "sp_").
- Shows which stored procedures are used in each VB.NET or C# file.
- If you required it, the SQL Documentation Tool can be used to generate even more detailed database developer documentation for SQL Server databases - generous discounts are available if you purchase the SQL Documentation Tool at the same time as the .NET Documentation Tool.
- There are a number of output options:
- Standard HTML: This can be viewed in any web browser [sample], including Internet Explorer and Netscape.
- Microsoft's HTML Help format: This format [sample] has the advantages of:
- The project documentation is contained within a single, compressed .chm file.
- The project documentation is searchable.
- There is an index of project items.
- The project documentation can be further modified using Microsoft's freely available HTML Help Workshop application.
- If the project makes use of Namespaces and Classes, an additional "Class browser" HTML Help file is created in Microsoft's HTML Help format [sample].
- RTF: This documentation is compatible with document processing tools such as Word processors, and make it much easier to print copies of an application's technical documentation. The RTF documents take advantage of the XML comments code commenting system.
- Plain Text: This is a text file containing a summary of the project. As such it can be used as the basis of custom documentation written in a word processor [sample].
- XML: This creates XML documentation in a similar format to that provided using Visual Studio's "XML document file" option (or the /doc:file compiler option). The .NET Documentation Tool does, however have a number of advantages over the facility provided in Visual Studio:
- XML is created for all members, even if they do not have XML comments associated with them.
- It is possible to generate a XML file for any type of project that uses namespaces (even web applications!).
- Members are listed alphabetically.
- Members not in Namespaces are included in a "NoNamespace" RTF and XML file.
- Visual Studio is not required!
- The HTML format reports contain full copies of all files which have the following features:
- Optional color coding and syntax highlighting of source code, making it easier to read.
- Optional line numbering of source code.
- There is the option to either colour code or hyperlink all of the following in the source code:
- User Control usage.
- Web Control usage.
- Validation Control usage.
- Application and Session variable usage.
- VB.NET and C# functions and subroutines.
- Suggested uses of the .NET Documentation Tool:
- Use it as an alternative to NDoc, which was a popular documentation tool for the .NET Framework, but it has not been updated since 2005 and has no support for versions 2.0 and above of the .NET Framework.
- Use it on newly acquired projects to assist in obtaining an overview of that project.
- In this competitive market, why not produce project documentation for your clients? This shows you treat project documentation seriously.
- The .NET Documentation Tool can assist with code reviews and source code audits.
- When making large scale changes to a project, use it to find out where a function or a subroutine is called from.
- Don't let your new hires loose on a project without them having the .NET Documentation Tool's report to help them on their way!
- The color coded, syntax highlighted source code created by the .NET Documentation Tool can be copied and pasted into other documents, making code much easier to read.
- The documentation can be used to complement the comment pages produced by Visual C#.NET.
- Documents Microsoft Access databases
- Improved Namespace information
Requirements: Uses Microsofts HTML Help Workshop (if installed)
ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.2 Screenshot
ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.2 Keywords
Bookmark ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.2
ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.2 Copyright
WareSeeker.com do not provide cracks, serial numbers etc for ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.2. Any sharing links from rapidshare.com, yousendit.com or megaupload.com are also prohibited.
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 8.3
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.6
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.5
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.4
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.3
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.1
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 6.0
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 5.8
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 5.7
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 5.6
- ASP.NET Documentation Tool 4.5
Automatic code documentor tool for ASP web applications Free Download
.NET Documentation Tool - creates technical documentation for Microsoft .NET Framework projects written in VB.NET and C#. Free Download
Useful tool that automatically documents your Microsoft SQL Server databases. Documentation is created in HTML, HTML Help, RTF and text formats. Free Download
Creates technical documentation from Microsoft C# application source code Free Download
Creates project documentation for ASP 2.0 and 3.0 websites Free Download
Creates technical documentation for Visual Basic 6.0 source code. Free Download
Open source Asp.net shopping cart solution with unique superior administration. Free Download
ASP.NET DHTML Menu generates hierarchical DHTML menu for web sites. Free Download