AVS 4.0.6 Ranking & Summary
AVS 4.0.6 description
AVS 4.0.6 is the choice for those who want to have it all. It is known as a free source configuration management software, embedding a full bug tracking engine. Each version of controlled files is attached to a development task. The bug tracker allows user creating change requests, assign them, update their state, etc...
Notification mails are sent on change request assignment. Every tasks are linked to a change request. Files can have parallel versions, a simple diff and merge editor is provided. Task check-in is atomic, and checks-in all the attached files. File and folder move operation keeps the historic. The build manager creates update template, dynamic for insulated or collaborative development, or static by manually selecting a list of closed tasks within a change request tree table. AVS embeds a full user management engine, with different levels of access. A predefined set of groups is provided, which can be modified after installation. AVS is a java web application, relying on Tomcat/PostgreSQL. Client application is deployed with JNLP.
Why you choose AVS?
- AVS is free
- Contains both change request and source configuration management
- No .cvs or .svn polluting management files/folders within the client workspace
- Saves time with early conflict detection
- Allows parallel development through a branch per file mechanism
- Very simple administration, no need for a dedicated manager position
- Change request and file management integration eases release management
- Full user management, and access restrictions upon group access controls
- Change request life cycle management allows users keeping their usual processes
- Development tasks allows working on simultaneous issues without confusing commit actions
- Easy integration with external quality tools through automatic script execution and scheduling
- Easy database change thanks Hibernate
- Java based application, client fully portable among operating systems
- Change request management
- Change request life cycle creation
- File configuration management
- Branch per file
- Atomic task check-in
- File/folder move ability keeping history
- Myers' algorithm based diff
- 3-way merge editor
- Release management
- User/Group management
- Mail notification engine
- Secured communication through https
Enhancements: Now delivered as a web application for Tomcat/PostgreSQL
- 512Mo RAM
- PIII 2GHz
AVS 4.0.6 Screenshot
AVS 4.0.6 Keywords
Bookmark AVS 4.0.6
AVS 4.0.6 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.