ClearImage DL/ID Reader 5.5
ClearImage DL/ID Reader 5.5 Ranking & Summary
ClearImage DL/ID Reader 5.5 description
ClearImage DL/ID Reader 5.5 has strong features which can support you so much. It develops high performance, automatic bar code recognition applications, in VB, C++ or Delphi, to rapidly and accurately read the barcodes from scanned images (TIFF, JPG, color and grayscale) of Driver Licenses and ID Cards, in accordance with AAMVA and ANSI specifications. Heuristic barcode recognition algorithms can extract readable barcodes from poor quality images, and can recover the data even with 40% damage.
High Accuracy Algorithm - automatically analyzes the barcode image defects in multiple ways and applies the appropriate algorithms to recognize the barcode in any orientation on the image. It can overcome glare, damage, smudges, and other deficiencies in the image.
Trouble Free Operation - By totally automating the image processing and the barcode recognition process, ClearImage tools enable developers to create very robust and trouble free applications.
The ClearImage FREE SDK contains both COM server modules and .NET managed code, and a demonstration program to Evaluate, Develop, Test and Deploy image data capture applications in Visual Basic, VB.NET, C++, C#, Visual Studio, Delphi and manu more. ClearImage SDK is FREE for developers. Runtime licenses include one year of technical support and software updates. Inlite Research offers comprehensive, free professional consulting to help you succeed in your project.
Over 45 states issue driver licenses with personal data encoded onto the 2D (and 1D) barcodes. The information includes birth dates, addresses and more. The barcodes are usually found on the back of the driver license.
What are the applications for these barcodes?
- Age Verification verify the age of alcohol buyers, and track the data automatically for traceability and protection
- Access Control verify and track the identity of people accessing a facility and create an automatic log
- Employment Verification verify and record the information associated with documents presented for employment
- Payee Verification reduce check fraud by verifying and tracking the payee presenting a check for payment
- Driver Verification track the driver and automatically gather useful information about the driver and his car buying activities at dealerships.
- Reduce Errors and Cost Create financial documents for car loans and consumer credit purposes by populating the fields from the ID card. Reduce key errors and data entry time, and allow the sales people to interact with the customer instead of the computer.
There are standards that define the appearance of the barcode (and other driver license elements), and the contents and meaning of the data in the barcode. These standards evolved over several years. Many versions of driver licenses exist in each state, and each state and Canadian province is free to select somewhat different formats.
What makes Driver License Barcodes hard to read?
The aspects of the ID card barcodes that make the symbols difficult to read include:
- The module size is quite small, under 7 mil. See our Feb 2006 newsletter for advice on how to determine the module size.
- The barcode is covered by the card material which can get up to 10 mil thick
- The card yellows with age and shows abrasion and dirt
- Many readers are inadequate for the job
How to obtain good looking images for ID Cards?
We recommend scanning images according to these guidelines:
- Use a contact scanner, such as a business card scanners or small flat scanners
- Grayscale works the best. It is preferred to color and to BW outputs from scanners. Do not convert the image, however. If the scanner cannot be set to scan in grayscale, use color.
- Use at least 400dpi resolution. Most business card scanners support 600dpi.
Where Inlite Research Fits In
- The ClearImage DL/ID Driver License and ID Card Reader is especially designed to deal with the requirements of reading ID cards such as Driver Licenses, Military ID cards and others. If is a fully compliant solution for the Real ID act of 2005.
- Sophisticated Algorithms find the barcodes and compensate for inherently poor quality images, expanding the range of readable cards to nearly 100%
- Accessible Data The reader provides easy access to each of the data elements of the driver license barcode in a ready to use, parsed format
- Information Validation of the data elements in the barcode can easily be done
- Application Flexibility ClearImage engines can accept images from sources such as scanners, cameras or badge readers and can analyze the data locally or in remote servers.
- The ClearImage DL/ID Reader tool provides the hex data, decoded data, orientation and location of the barcode.
- It supports error correction levels 0 - 8; text, byte and numeric compaction modes; macro PDF417 and GLI processing.
- Diagnostic features include: confidence values, forced reading of invalid data, and raw data output.
- Accept and save images in many popular file formats or via memory transfers.
- It is especially designed to read licenses that are laminated with transparent material.
- Support of .NET Native
- New Source code examples
- Improved registration
- 1Ghz Pentium,
- 1GByte memory
ClearImage DL/ID Reader 5.5 Screenshot
ClearImage DL/ID Reader 5.5 Keywords
Bookmark ClearImage DL/ID Reader 5.5
ClearImage DL/ID Reader 5.5 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.