Code Summarizer 3.1
Code Summarizer 3.1 Ranking & Summary
Code Summarizer 3.1 description
Code Summarizer 3.1 provides you with a program which is designed to ease code navigation and code browsing. Code Summarizer is an interactive map to your C++/C# code. With Code Summarizer you see big picture and details at the same time. You can switch between them without losing context.
Code Summarizer allows you to create a logical map with a collection of code functions from any file in your projects. You can view 300 lines of code without scrolling, and code structures and important lines are clearly displayed. If you like Windows Live map or Yahoo map, you you will like Code Summarizer.
- Code mapping: Code Summarizer can map any your currently open Visual Studio code files. It stays at the left side of the Visual Studio window and it is always visible. The map view make the file look much smaller in size, as much as 1/7 of it code file length without hiding any line. This make a 300 line function in one view without scrolling. Even at this scale you still can see all significant lines. You browse through all code lines that are visible on the map view. Double click on the left margin of the code map, cursor moves to the corresponding line in Visual Studio code window. This makes code navigation so easy.
- Zoom out/in: Like what you do with Microsoft Virtual Earth, you can zoom the map in and out by using slider controls on the map view, or you can you use mouse wheel. Unlike Microsoft Virtual Earth, there are two zooming functions: one changes font size, the other show/hide certain level of nested code blocks. No matter which way you scale it, the focal point is always on certain line, so you never lose context.
- Show code structure: code map visualize code blocks and how they are nested. Click on function label will show first line of the code blocks. It helps in two things: you can easy switch from one position to another in Visual Studio code window using map view as a guide. Also you can use this to identify the complexity of your code.
- Code browsing: Move cursor while pressing SHIFT key (you can keep pressing SHIFT or release it). A large tip window shows all detail of each line. The tip window is big enough to hold 35 lines of code. This is the fastest way to browse your code.
- Current Identifier: Move input caret on any variable, function, class… in Visual Studio code window. Click refresh current selection button, all appearances of this variable/function/class will be shown on the map. This let you to check on where is identifier defined, referenced and changed. You can very easily move from one to another, and you always know where you are.
- String search: You can do a simple string search on the file that is mapped. Results will be shown on the map. Also you can toggle show/hide on the map.
- Function list: Click on Functions button opens a small window. It shows a list of all functions in this window. What’s special about this function list is that only function names appear on the list. This makes the list compact, clean and easy to search. Full signature is available when you put cursor on it. User interface is all about highlighting. You can see everywhere in Code Summarizer program that important information is properly highlighted, less important information stays on background. You can find this in all the lookup lists including function list.
- Line markers: Click Code Markers button, opens a window that shows a list of bookmarks and breakpoints. These line markers are also shown on the map view.
- Collections: collection is a special map. It does not correspond to any open file. Instead, it is a map of user-selected functions from other maps. This feature is very useful. Most of times, you are only interested in a few functions at a certain period of time. Then you put those functions together and forget about other code. Functions in the collection can be deleted, cleared. You can add as many functions as you like into one map, the collection.
- Favourite list: You can put frequently visited lines, line markers, functions into favourite list for quick access.
- Show viewport: by viewport it means the visible lines in the Visual Studio code window. This feature allows you to check where the current window is on the map. Viewport will hide itself in three seconds.
- Show caret line: Like viewport, you can also show where the caret is on the map.
Enhancements: Added Visual Studio 2008 support
- Visual Studio versions:
- Visual Studio 2005 (Express edition not supported)
- Visual Studio 2008
- Supported Programming Languages:
- Visual C++ (.cpp, .h)
- Visual C# (.cs)
- Operating Systems:
- Code Summarizer has no extra requirement on operating systems than Visual Studio
- Windows 2000 Professional and Server
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Memory requirement
- Disk space requirement
Code Summarizer 3.1 Screenshot
Code Summarizer 3.1 Keywords
Bookmark Code Summarizer 3.1
Code Summarizer 3.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- uCertify MCTS-Microsoft-Visual-Studio-20 8.01.05
- Microsoft Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 30730.126 / 9.0.30729.146
- Visual Studio Team System 2008
- Visual Studio SDK 2010 DSL Beta 1 / 2008 1.1
- VS.Php for Visual Studio 2008 126.96.36.19945
- ViewonLog for Visual Studio 2005 2.0
- Help Generator For Visual Studio 2008 4.0
- Visual Lint Professional Edition 2.0.5
- Visual Studio 2005 SP1 50727.762
- Usertype Maintenance Add-In for MS Visual Studio 97 1.01
- GGLink.ocx 1.0
- MimarSinan Visual Split Studio 2000 6.0
- Workspace Whiz! - A Visual Studio Add-in 2.10
- VS.Php for Visual Studio .Net 2003 188.8.131.5225
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0sp5
- SDE for Visual Studio (PE) for Windows 4.1
- ViewonLog for Visual Studio 2008 2.0
- MDG Integration for Visual Studio 2005 3
- Visual Integration Studio 184.108.40.206
- Help Generator for Visual Studio 2003 4.0
- Visual Build Professional 7.0
- VS.Php for Visual Studio 2005 220.127.116.1148
- SnagIt Output for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 1.0.1
- LabDevTools for Visual Studio .NET 2008 1.5.1