DataFitX 2.0 Ranking & Summary
DataFitX 2.0 description
DataFitX 2.0 offers you a COM component (in-process ActiveX DLL) which allows you to add a powerful nonlinear regression (curve fitting) engine to your software with just a few simple lines of code.
DataFitX is developed using COM, so it can be used in any environment that supports COM, including Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual C++, Delphi and VBA (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access or any VBA enabled client). A DataCollection object provides methods and procedures for importing and gathering data, as well as providing statistical summaries for the data.
The NonlinearRegression and MultipleNonlinearRegression objects provide methods and procedures for defining regression models with up to 100 fitting parameters and performing nonlinear regression on data containing up to 50 independent variables. The CubicSpline object performs cubic spline interpolation on 2-dimensional data.
These objects provide properties and methods that return results for the fitting parameters, as well as detailed statistical summaries of the regression results. Arrays of predicted values and residuals are automatically generated, but you can also predict values on a point by point basis (Y at a value of X), or create arrays of predicted values based on data arrays you supply.
These objects also include methods to perform derivative and multiple root calculations (X values at a specified value of Y). There are more than 600 pre-defined models, but you can easily define your own by passing a string representation of a model to one of the model creation methods. You can also create event-based regression models, which allows the client code to supply the function evaluations and optionally the derivative calculations through raised events.
There are ten objects with 232 methods, procedures and events. You can process the regression results in the client code, or export regression results in DataFit native file format. A DataFitX developer license includes royalty free run-time distribution.
- .NET Ready
- Ten objects with 232 methods, procedures and events which allow you to add nonlinear curve fitting or cubic spline interpolation engine to your application with only a few simple lines of source code.
- DataCollection object provides methods and procedures for importing and gathering data, as well as providing statistical summaries for the data.
- NonlinearRegression object provides methods and procedures for defining regression models and performing single-independent variable nonlinear regression. The object also provides properties that provide results for the fitting parameters, as well as detailed statistical summaries of the regression results.
- MultipleNonlinearRegression object provides methods for defining regression models and performing multiple-independent variable nonlinear regression (up to 50 independent variables). The object also provides properties that provide results for the fitting parameters, as well as detailed statistical summary of the regression results.
- CubicSpline object provides methods for performing cubic spline interpolation on single-independent variable datasets.
- Choose from over 600 pre-defined regression models commonly used in math, scientific and engineering applications.
- Create user-defined regression models by simply passing a string representation of the equation. There are more than 100 intrinsic functions and operators that can be used to create models.
- Create more complex multi-line regression models with the aid of the ModelDefinition object.
- Create external, or event-based regression models, which allow you to supply the function evaluations and optionally derivative calculations from the client code through raised events.
- Table of predicted values and residuals automatically generated. You can also predict values on a point by point basis (Y at a value of X), or create an array of predicted values based on an array you supply.
- Includes methods to perform Intgrals, Derivatives and multiple Root calculations (X values at a specified value of Y).
- Same proven curve fitting engine as used in our DataFit software (Levenberg-Marquardt method with double precision).
- Export regression results in DataFit file format.
- Use in Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access macros to quickly and easily add nonlinear regression capability to these applications.
- Online help is context sensitive from Object Browsers. Also ships with printed documentation (350+ pages).
- Locale aware functionality.
- Royalty free run-time distribution.
- The accuracy of DataFitX has been verified with the Statistical Reference Datasets Project of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- .NET ready
- Now handles 50 independent variables
- Addition of CubicSpline interpolation object
- Added over 300 pre-defined models
- Integral calculations
Requirements: 16 Meg RAM
DataFitX 2.0 Screenshot
DataFitX 2.0 Keywords
Bookmark DataFitX 2.0
DataFitX 2.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.