dotConnect Universal Free 3.20.56
dotConnect Universal Free 3.20.56 Ranking & Summary
dotConnect Universal Free 3.20.56 description
dotConnect Universal Free 3.20.56 is a simple to use yet convenient program which offers universal access to data of different databases for the Microsoft .NET Framework. It supports most of major database servers, including Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, InterBase, and Firebird. Other servers can be accessed through their ADO.NET, OLE DB and ODBC providers.
dotConnect Universal is based on ADO.NET technology and can be used in the same way as the SQL Server .NET Data Provider. The main feature of dotConnect Universal is an access to multiple database servers at the same code. With dotConnect Universal it is possible to avoid writing conditional code for different providers or using ADO.NET interfaces directly. dotConnect Universal implements full support of design-time development and integration with IDE, which allows to reduce development time greatly.
dotConnect Universal doesn't implement database specific access layer for all databases, it uses native ADO.NET providers and depends on their functionality. The Professional Edition of dotConnect Universal includes bundled data providers for Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL (see diagram below). For all other servers you need a native data provider.
dotConnect Universal provides functionality for connecting to a database, executing commands, and retrieving results. These results can be processed directly or placed in an ADO.NET DataSet for further processing in disconnected state. While in the DataSet, data can be exposed to the user, combined with other data from multiple sources, or passed remotely between tiers. Any processing performed on the data in the DataSet can then be reconciled with the database.
The following diagram illustrates dotConnect Universal architecture. The green area represents some of dotConnect Universal components. The lime area unites bundled providers in the Professional Edition. The rest of the diagram objects represent data access elements inside and outside of the .NET Framework.
- Universal access to data of different databases
- Supports all major databases
- Supports most of the popular ADO.NET providers
- 100% managed code
- High performance
- Bundled data providers for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite
- UniSQL for writing server-independent queries
- Provider-specific types infrastructure
- Fill DataSet with several CURSOR for Oracle Database
- Asynchronous execution support
- DataSet Wizard to leverage design-time setup
- Generate DataSet Wizard
- Support for Data Access Application Block in Enterprise Library
- ASP.NET data providers: Membership provider, Role provider, Session State provider, Profile provider
- Easy to deploy
- Base-Class-Based provider model
- .NET Compact Framework support
- Advanced connection pooling
- UniScript component to execute scripts
- Ability to retrieve metadata information
- Ability of monitoring query and stored procedures execution
- Advanced design-time editors
- Easy migration from SQL Server, OLE DB, ODBC and Oracle Data Providers with Migration Wizard
- Help integrated into Visual Studio .NET and Borland Delphi
- Free support for registered users during 1 year
- Licensed per a developer without royalty fee
- The support of events which occur when connections are taken and returned to pool for processing UniMonitor.TraceEvent is added
- .NET Framework Compatibility
- The provider works with .NET Frameworks 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and .NET Compact Framework 2.0. Note that .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 is not supported.
- IDE Compatibility
- dotConnect Universal can be used with following integrated development environments:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- Embarcadero Delphi Prism
- CodeGear RAD Studio 2007
dotConnect Universal Free 3.20.56 Screenshot
dotConnect Universal Free 3.20.56 Keywords
Bookmark dotConnect Universal Free 3.20.56
dotConnect Universal Free 3.20.56 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- dotConnect Express for PostgreSQL 4.50
- EMS SQL Manager for PostgreSQL Freeware 4.5
- Universal Data Access Components 2.50
- MS SQL Server PostgreSQL Import, Export & Convert Software 7.0
- PostgreSQL Sybase SQL Anywhere Import, Export & Convert Software 7.0
- EMS SQL Query 2007 for PostgreSQL 3.0
- UniDirect .NET 2.05
- EMS SQL Manager for PostgreSQL 4.5