dotConnect Universal Standard 3.20.87
dotConnect Universal Standard 3.20.87 Ranking & Summary
dotConnect Universal Standard 3.20.87 description
It supports most of major database servers, including Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, InterBase, and Firebird. Other servers can be accessed through their ADO.NET, OLE DB and ODBC providers.
dotConnect Universal is based on ADO.NET technology and can be used in the same way as the SQL Server .NET Data Provider. The main feature of dotConnect Universal is an access to multiple database servers at the same code. With dotConnect Universal it is possible to avoid writing conditional code for different providers or using ADO.NET interfaces directly. dotConnect Universal implements full support of design-time development and integration with IDE, which allows to reduce development time greatly.
dotConnect Universal doesn't implement database specific access layer for all databases, it uses native ADO.NET providers and depends on their functionality. The Professional Edition of dotConnect Universal includes bundled data providers for Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL (see diagram below). For all other servers you need a native data provider.
dotConnect Universal provides functionality for connecting to a database, executing commands, and retrieving results. These results can be processed directly or placed in an ADO.NET DataSet for further processing in disconnected state. While in the DataSet, data can be exposed to the user, combined with other data from multiple sources, or passed remotely between tiers. Any processing performed on the data in the DataSet can then be reconciled with the database.
- Universal access to data of different databases
- Supports all major databases
- Supports most of the popular ADO.NET providers
- 100% managed code
- High performance
- Bundled data providers for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite
- UniSQL for writing server-independent queries
- Provider-specific types infrastructure
- Fill DataSet with several CURSOR for Oracle Database
- Asynchronous execution support
- DataSet Wizard to leverage design-time setup
- Generate DataSet Wizard
- Support for Data Access Application Block in Enterprise Library
- ASP.NET data providers: Membership provider, Role provider, Session State provider, Profile provider
- Easy to deploy
- Base-Class-Based provider model
- .NET Compact Framework support
- Advanced connection pooling
- UniScript component to execute scripts
- Ability to retrieve metadata information
- Ability of monitoring query and stored procedures execution
- Advanced design-time editors
- Easy migration from SQL Server, OLE DB, ODBC and Oracle Data Providers with Migration Wizard
- Help integrated into Visual Studio .NET and Borland Delphi
- Free support for registered users during 1 year
- Licensed per a developer without royalty fee
- The bug with UniTransaction is fixed
- .NET Framework Compatibility
- The provider works with .NET Frameworks 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and .NET Compact Framework 2.0. Note that .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 is not supported.
- IDE Compatibility
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- Embarcadero Delphi Prism
- CodeGear RAD Studio 2007
- Database Server Compatibility
- dotConnect Universal supports Oracle servers 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, 8.0 and 7.3, including Personal and Express editions.
- dotConnect Universal supports both x86 and x64 versions of the following Oracle clients: 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i and 8.0.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- dotConnect Universal supports SQL Server 2008, 2005 (including Express editions), SQL Server 2000 and MSDE.
- dotConnect Universal supports MySQL server versions 6.0, 5.4, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0 and 3.23 including Embedded servers (starting with 4.1)
- dotConnect Universal supports PostgreSQL server since 7.1 version to 9.0, EnterpriseDB, Pervasive Postgres SQL servers.
- dotConnect Universal supports SQLite engine version 3 and higher.
- InterBase: versions 5.x and higher.
- Firebird: versions 2.x, 1.x.
- DB2 servers and clients: 8.0 and higher.
- Microsoft Access
- version 95, 97, 2000, 2003, and 2007.
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise servers and clients: 11.0 and higher.
- Sybase Advantage Database Server
- Sybase Advantage Database Server servers: 8.0 and higher.
- Client (Sybase Advantage ODBC driver): 8.0 and higher
dotConnect Universal Standard 3.20.87 Screenshot
dotConnect Universal Standard 3.20.87 Keywords
Bookmark dotConnect Universal Standard 3.20.87
dotConnect Universal Standard 3.20.87 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- dotConnect for PostgreSQL Express 5.60.258
- dotConnect Express forPostgreSQL 4.95.170
- dotConnect for SQLite Standard 2.90.140
- dotConnect for Salesforce 220.127.116.11
- dotConnect for SQL Server Standard 2.40.140
- dotConnect Universal Free 3.20.54
- dotConnect Express for PostgreSQL4.95.146
- dotConnect for MySQL Professional 6.60.283