Habanero 2.1 Ranking & Summary
Habanero 2.1 description
Habanero 2.1 offers you an effective Enterprise Application Framework for .Net that produces an agile application from the data layer through to the front-end.
Free open source under the LGPL license, it includes ORM, code generation and runtime UI generation to create one application for the desktop & web. Released for free under the LGPL license, it persists data to and from the database using object relational mapping (ORM), manages business objects to support a rich domain model, and generates user interfaces at runtime to display and edit the mapped data.
Licensing & Support
- Habanero (excluding Firestarter) is distributed under the GNU Lesser GPL license, meaning:
- Any modifications to the source code must be made freely available
- Each modified file must maintain the LGPL license notice at the top
- Each contributor can include their name in the copyright notice
- The libraries may be linked to in proprietary/commercial software
- Firestarter is released for free as a compiled executable
- The libraries may be used royalty-free
- Support is provided in the online forums or by email
- ORM: Map database tables to objects in code
- Persist property values to and from the database
- Define all mapping in a single XML file
- Switch between database vendors with one setting
- Support for MySQL, MS Sql Server, MS Access, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Firebird
- FireStarter GUI class definitions xml manager
- Generate user interfaces at runtime and map properties to controls
- Develop for both desktop (with Windows Forms) and web (with Gizmox' Visual WebGUI)
- Generate new projects and code files
- Generate UI forms from templates
- Reverse engineer class definitions from existing databases
- Support variable data sources, including an in-memory database
- Source code included
- Supports several object inheritance structures/formats
- Supports generic collections and nullable types
- Supports database switching at run-time
- Supports relationships between objects
- Supports deletion prevention or cascading deletes on multiple relationships
- Set load criteria on collections
- Choose between single or composite primary keys
- Choose between raw SQL or Habanero's Criteria query structure
- Migration support to upgrade databases of outdated client installations
- Generate test classes for Business Objects
- Generate fully functional grids from database data
- Generate editing forms to edit data and persist changes
- Central form control for MDI-based applications
- Generate combo-box content dynamically from the database
- Application logging uses log4net
- Habanero 2.1 includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.
- The primary new feature is Firestarters code generation of standard forms from templates, which is the first phase of a complete code generation toolkit.
- Also included is a rewrite of the PanelFactory, now replaced by PanelBuilder.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- A Database Vendor
- Must meet all .Net 2.0 system requirements
- Recommended Processor: 1.6ghz
- RAM: Win2000 256mb, WinXP 512mb, WinVista 1gb+
Habanero 2.1 Screenshot
Habanero 2.1 Keywords
Bookmark Habanero 2.1
Habanero 2.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.