HashStore Ranking & Summary
HashStore is designed as a disk data management system written in Java which is able to provide a disk based version of Hashtable and thereby providing long term persistence for Java objects.
Objects stored must implement the Serializable interface. HashStore consists of 4 classes:
- DiskHashtable - The base non-synchronized disk hashtable
- SyncDiskHashtable - A synchronized version of DiskHashTable
- DuplicateDiskHashtable - A disk hashtable that allows duplicate keys
- SyncDuplicateHashtable - A synchronized version of DuplicateDiskHashtable
NOTE: Hashstore is distributed under the standard GPL license. If it is to be used for a commercial product then a one time (royalty-free) commercial license should be purchased
- Source available under the General Public License for free use or under a commercial license for commercial products.
- Same method calls as java.util.Hashtable
- The option to be able to add duplicate keys to the table
- Theoretical capacity of one billion entries per table
- No disk space needs to be preallocated and no capacity needs to be specified
- Never a need to rehash or do any other maintenance
- Total JAR file size for all classes less than 8K
- Small and fixed memory requirements
- Deletions result in disk space immediately being given back to the file system
- Disk space usage increases linearly
- Synchronized and non-synchronized options.
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.