IBM Integrated Ontology Development Toolkit 1.5
IBM Integrated Ontology Development Toolkit 1.5 Ranking & Summary
IBM Integrated Ontology Development Toolkit 1.5 description
IBM Integrated Ontology Development Toolkit 1.5 comes as a reliable and handy ontology toolkit for storage, manipulation, query, and inference of ontologies and corresponding instances.
EODM is derived from the OMG's Ontology Definition Metamodel (ODM) and implemented in Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF). In order to facilitate software development and execution, EODM includes RDFS/OWL parsing and serialization, reasoning, and transformation between RDFS/OWL and other data-modeling languages. These functions can be invoked and called by the applications that use ontologies. EODM is also an Eclipse open-source project.
How does it work?
- EODM is the run-time library that allows the application to read and serialize an RDFS/OWL ontology in RDF/XML format; manipulate an ontology using Java objects; call an inference engine and access inference results; and transform between ontology and other models.
- The OWL ontology repository, named Scalable Ontology Repository (SOR), is a high-performance OWL storage, inference, and query system based on RDBMS. It supports DLP (Description Logic Program), a subset of OWL DL, and the SPARQL language.
- New SPARQL specification (April 2006) has been implememnted.
- Query and loading performance has been greatly improved by schema and index changes.
- EODM Workbench has been removed from this release. It is no longer supported. (Please download the 1.1.2 version if you want to try it).
- Numerous bugs have been fixed.
- Java Run-time Environment (JRE). EODM, OWL Ontology Repository (Minerva), and EODM Workbench have been tested with JRE 1.4.2. Note that JRE 1.5 may not work in some cases. IODT was not tested on other versions of the required components and IODT may not work on these untested versions.
- Eclipse 3.1.0
- EMF 2.1.0 (XSD and SDO are not necessary)
- For use of EODM Workbench: GEF 3.0.0. It does not work with GEF 3.1.0 or above.
- For use of ontology repository: A RDBMS system for storage may be necesary. The following are supported:
- DB2 8.2
- Apache Derby 10.0.2.1
- HSQLDB 1.8.0
IBM Integrated Ontology Development Toolkit 1.5 Screenshot
IBM Integrated Ontology Development Toolkit 1.5 Keywords
Bookmark IBM Integrated Ontology Development Toolkit 1.5
IBM Integrated Ontology Development Toolkit 1.5 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.