Java Print Dialog Framework 2.1
Java Print Dialog Framework 2.1 Ranking & Summary
Java Print Dialog Framework 2.1 description
Java Print Dialog Framework 2.1 is a useful utility which provides a comprehensive printing capability, including the ability to preview and print Java Swing GUI components (JTable, JTree, JTextPane, JTextArea, and JPanel), and business reports containing database data.
Reports are composed programmatically giving you full control over layout and formatting. A wide variety of sophisticated page setup, print preview, and print dialogs are provided.
Page setup dialogs specify scaling, positioning, headers/footers, page/content framing, and many options specific to the type of material being printed. A dedicated preview dialog is provided, as well as print/page setup dialogs which incorporate a preview display. Includes sample code to allow you to see how API calls are coded.
- Printing Swing Components: The Swing components that can be printed include JTable, JTree, JTextPane, JTextArea, JEditorPane, and JPanel. Complex documents, containing a sequence of Swing components arranged back-to-back, can be composed and printed. Specialized Page Setup dialogs are provided for each type of component.
- Report Generation: The Reporting Capability allows you to compose, preview and print variety of reports. Reports can contain tabular, textual, and other types of material (e.g. mailing labels). Reports are composed programmatically - giving you full control of all aspects of layout and formatting.
- Page-Setup, Preview, and Print Dialogs: The JPDF Dialogs can be used out-of-the-box to implement a sophisticated printing capability for an existing application. You can select the dialogs which meet your specific requirements, and plug these into your application with very little coding.
- Custom Print Attributes: The JPDF provides a large number of Print Attributes in addition to those provided in the JPS (Java Print Service). These Custom Print Attributes allow you to specify the contents of page headers/footers, page framing, alignment/positioning/scaling of the material to be printed, and many attributes specific to the type of material being printed (e.g. whether tables should be printed with or without grid lines).
- Print Job Management: The Print Job management facility executes all Print Jobs on a background thread. This allows the end-user to continue working while the Print Job is being processed in the background. The status of the Print Job can be monitored while it is executing. The end-user can optionally be informed of the Job's progress as each page is printed, and/or when the Job has completed. Print Job output can be directed to a Printer File, Image Files (JPEG or PNG), or an Adobe Acrobat® PDF File (requires the Ghostscript PDF interpreter).
- Localization Capability: All labels and messages displayed by the JPDF dialogs come from property files (these are text files that you can edit). A separate property file is provided for each supported language (currently English, French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish). You as the application developer can select the language, or you can allow the end-user to do so. Units of measure used in the dialogs can be expressed in Inches or Millimeters.
Enhancements: This is a major release with many enhancements
Requirements: Java SDK 1.4.2 or later
Java Print Dialog Framework 2.1 Screenshot
Java Print Dialog Framework 2.1 Keywords
Bookmark Java Print Dialog Framework 2.1
Java Print Dialog Framework 2.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.