JExcel 1.5 Ranking & Summary
JExcel 1.5 description
JExcel 1.5 is developed to be a helpful and beneficial program which provides a simple and effective way to integrate Excel into Java Swing applications without a specific knowledge of Microsoft Office programming.
You can easily display, create, print, read, write or modify your Excel workbooks (both *.xls and *.xlsx) using a comprehensive Java Excel API. You’ll get an ability to customize various cell properties including text font, cell background and borders, text alignment and orientation, etc. In other words—with JExcel you’ll have a full control over Excel in Java.
- Manage workbooks and properties
- Work with Cells & Ranges
- Reference cells by coordinates, address or name, set and get values of different types, convert cells into ranges and vice versa, customize cell appearance, reference range, find values in ranges, obtain ranges intersection, merge/unmerge cells of a range, etc.
- Manage Worksheets
- Obtain worksheet by its name or index, obtain all worksheets in a workbook, add a new worksheet and assign the name of the new worksheet, move a worksheet to a specified position and remove a worksheet from a workbook etc.
- Customize Cells & Ranges
- Change a number format
- Customize text alignment and orientation
- Font customization—name, size, general styles, underline style, color, alignment style
- Change background pattern and color in cells
- Border appearance customization: border color, line style and weight.
- Application Events
- Microsoft Excel sends notifications about the following application events: a new workbook is created, a workbook is opened.
- Workbook Events
- You can listen to workbook activation/deactivation, new worksheet adding to a workbook, workbook saving/closing events.
- Worksheet Events
- You can handle various worksheet events: activation/deactivation, changing values and selections, double-click and right-click events.
- Listen to and Handle Excel Events
- Ability to work with Native Peers and Thread Issues
- Using the developer-friendly JExcel API, you can get direct access to any COM interface of the MS Excel COM API to implement functionality that is not yet available in the JExcel API. JExcel provides peers for the following classes: Application, Workbook, Worksheet, Range, and Cell.
- High level mergeWorkbook() method
- It allows copying all worksheets from the specified workbook into another workbook instance. Using this method you can copy worksheets only but you’ll be unable to do the same with VBA scripts.
- Embed a worlbook into Java
- New Features:
- Added support of 64-bit platform;
- Generation of appropriate events for worksheets which have been added by copying;
- Added support of Excel 2010 32/64-bit.
- Resolved Issues:
- Memory leak in Worksheet.getCell() and Cell.getString() methods;
- Keyboard handling issue when JExcel cannot process arrow keys after losing and getting focus back;
- Several focus handling issues in JWorkbook component;
- Excel process is now released correctly after the application is closed.
- JExcel supports and requires Microsoft Excel 2000 or later.
- 32/64-bit Windows Vista, XP and 2000/2003
- Java 2 SDK/JRE 1.4.x and higher
JExcel 1.5 Screenshot
JExcel 1.5 Keywords
Bookmark JExcel 1.5
JExcel 1.5 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.