Nevron Diagram for .NET Q3_2008
Nevron Diagram for .NET Q3_2008 Ranking & Summary
Nevron Diagram for .NET Q3_2008 description
Nevron Diagram for .NET Q3_2008 offers you a completely managed, extensible and powerful diagramming framework, which lets you create interactive and feature rich diagram and map solutions in WinForms and ASP.NET projects. The product is based on the solid Model – View – Controller architecture, which ensures the scalability of its object model. The API is designed to be as native and intuitive as possible. Extensive Document Object Model (DOM) helps you model virtually any type of diagram. The DOM implements core diagramming elements - drawing documents, library documents, masters, layers, shapes, groups, connectors, ports etc. You can subclass any DOM element and extend its capabilities. Drawings can be exported to various raster and scalable graphics formats (.png, .bmp, .jpg, etc.). Documents can be serialized in XML, binary and SOAP formats. Lots of automatic layouts. The product has full AJAX support, VS design time support, ESRI map import and provides advanced capabilities for stunning visual impact, which you will not find in any other product - including commercial standalone diagramming applications.
Nevron Diagram for .NET helps you to integrate and display sophisticated diagrams in your .NET Windows Forms and Web Forms applications quickly and easily. It is a complete diagramming solution, packed with many interactivity features, shapes, automatic layouts, stunning visual effects and comes equipped with ready to use controls to help you boost your application development.
Carefully crafted to meet different requirements, it provides unmatched extensibility options, which will help you to integrate the solution better into the context of your particular application.
Nevron Diagram for .NET includes both Windows Forms and ASP.NET components, and has full support for VS2005 and VS2008. It is available in two different editions - Professional and Enterprise - to meet your specific requirements.
- ShowDiagram Document Object Model: The Diagram Document Object Model represents the set of elements, which you can use to build a diagramming document. The Diagram Document Object Model is built on top of the Nevron DOM and in the context of the Nevron Diagram .NET product is simply called DOM. Following is a brief summary of the most important DOM elements and features:
- Elements: Diagrams are constructed by elements, which reside in a hierarchy, the root of which is a diagramming document. The DOM provides an extended set of diagram elements, which can be subclassed and further extended.
- Documents: Documents are the root elements in the element hierarchies. They provide core support for services, view management and data exchange capabilities. Multiple views can display and edit a single document simultaneously. Currently there are two types of documents:
- Drawing Documents - drawing documents are assembled from stencils, layers, shapes and guidelines. They provide you with the ability to define a vector drawing.
- Library Documents - library documents are assembled from masters. They provide you with the ability to store and manage reusable drawing content.
- Styling: The visual appearance of all diagram elements is controlled via styles. Styles can be locally specified (per each element individually) or reused via inheritance or style sheets. The usage of inheritance and style sheets greatly minimizes the effort needed to apply a consistent outlook to your diagram, which can easily be changed afterwards. It also decreases the diagram memory footprint.
- Shapes and Groups: When constructing diagrams, you basically work with shapes. In Nevron Diagram for .NET there are two types of shapes:
- 2D shapes - 2D shapes represent boxes, containing vector or raster primitives and text. 2D shapes are also simply called "shapes".
- 1D shapes - 1D shapes represent lines with different geometry and behavior, which connect other shapes. 1D shapes are also simply called "connectors".
- Data Structures
- Nevron Diagram for .NET has a built-in support for graph and tree data structures and the core operations with them. For example: performing different traversals - depth first, breadth first etc., checking whether the graph is acyclic, whether it is a tree and so forth).
- Graph and tree data structures can be generated from the shapes of a drawing document. This gives you the needed flexibility to operate with a visually constructed diagram as if it is a simple graph or tree.
- Routing: Nevron Diagram for .NET has built-in support for automatic obstacle avoidance routing. It addresses user laid-out diagrams in which certain connectors must be automatically rerouted not to cross any obstacles (shapes) in their path. Nevron Diagram for .NET provides support for both Mesh and Grid connectors routing, which is automatically performed. Addressed are issues like minimal bends, port headings, X/Y permeability etc.
- Bridges: Bridges (hops) are a special type of decoration, which is displayed on connectors self-intersections or intersections with other connectors below it in the Z order. Bridges are automatically generated and maintained.
- Print Manager: Drawings can be printed on single or multiple pages. Implemented is built in support for print preview and page setup.
- Image Exporter: Drawings can be exported to an image of any type (JPG, PNG, BMP etc.). For drawings defined in absolute measurement units (e.g. inches, millimeters etc.) you can also specify the target device resolution (helps you generate ready to print images).
- SVG Exporter: Drawings can be exported to SVG.
- Undo and Redo: The entire DOM is protected by history. Any property or method, which modifies the elements state records history. The history can contain an unlimited number of actions. History actions can be grouped in transactions. Transactions can be committed or rolled back. Nested transactions are also supported. The history is implemented as a service so you can easily override it, stop or pause it.
- Batches: Batches serve as a functionality layer between documents and views. Batches are designed to operate with multiple elements and record a single history transaction. Batches take into account the element permissions. Most of operations, which views and commands perform with elements, are implemented with the help of batches.
- Event Handling: All events are fired from an event sink service, which provides you with the ability to consistently intercept all types of events regardless of the diagram you work with. Interactivity events (mouse, keyboard and drag drop events) support event bubbling.
- Automatic Layouts: The automatic arrangement of diagrams is an indispensable feature, especially when diagrams are either too large or are automatically generated. Nevron Diagram for .NET comes equipped with a sophisticated set of automatic layouts. Following is a brief overview:
- Force Directed Layouts: Implemented are barycenter, spring and symmetrical layouts. They are suitable for any kind of graph and produce straight line graph drawings.
- Layered Graph Layout: Layouts a graph in layers. It produces polyline graph drawings and is very appropriate for hierarchically organized graphs.
- Orthogonal Graph Layout: Draws a graph only with horizontal and vertical line segments. It is suitable for any kind of graph and addresses issues like crossing, bend and area minimization.
- Radial Graph Layout: Draws a graph in radial circles. It is suitable for any kind of graph and produces straight line graph drawings.
- Layered Tree Layout: Layouts a tree in layers. Produces straight line and orthogonal tree drawings.
- Compact Depth Tree Layout: Layouts a tree with minimal depth. Produces straight line and orthogonal tree drawings.
- Tip Over Tree Layout: Layouts a tree by placing children in either a row or a col. Produces orthogonal tree drawings.
- Balloon Tree Layout: Layouts a tree by placing the children in circles around their parents. Produces straight line tree drawings.
- Stack Layout: Stacks the cells in horizontal or vertical order.
- Flow Layout: Arranges the cells in horizontal or vertical lanes.
- Dock Layout: A space eating cells layout, which places vertices at per-vertex specified docking areas of the currently available layout area.
- Table Layout: Arranges the cells in a tabular manner.
- Predefined Shapes: Nevron Diagram for .NET comes equipped with numerous predefined shapes, which can come handy in many applications. The predefined shapes are consistently created by shape factories. Currently implemented are shape factories, which create shapes from the following categories:
- Basic Shapes: Basic geometry shapes (Rectangle, Square, Ellipse, Circle, Rounded Rectangle, N-Grams, N-Gons etc.). A total of 16 basic shapes are provided.
- Flowcharting Shapes: Shapes related to flowcharting (Process, Decision, Document, Data etc.). A total of 31 flowcharting shapes are provided.
- Network Shapes: Shapes related to network modeling (Computer, Server, Printer, Terminal, Hub etc.). A total of 28 networking shapes are provided.
- Simple Network Shapes: Simplified (with less details) shapes related to network modeling (Computer, Server, Printer, Terminal, Hub etc.). A total of 23 simple networking shapes are provided.
- Brainstorming Shapes: Shapes related to brainstorming (Smiley face, Frowny face, Attention, Note etc.). A total of 36 brainstorming shapes are provided.
- Symbol Shapes: Common symbol shapes (Poison, Warning, Recycle, Men, Women etc.). A total of 17 symbol shapes are provided.
- Traffic Signs Shapes: Traffic signs shapes (Stop, No entry, Speed limit etc.). A total of 54 traffic sign shapes are provided.
- Electrical Symbols Shapes: Electrical symbols (Diode, Inductor, Capacitor, Resistor, PNP and NPN transistors etc.). A total of 91 electrical symbols are provided.
- Floor Plan Shapes: produces shapes related to floor plans (Table, Chair, Couch, Desk, Sink etc.). A total of 110 floor plan shapes are provided.
- Flags Shapes: Shapes representing country flags (USA flag, UK flag, France flag etc.). A total of 59 country flags are provided.
- Travel Shapes: Shapes representing symbols related to travelling. A total of 54 travel shapes are provided.
- This accounts to the incredible amount of 519 genuine clip-art shapes.
- Thick client (WinForm) and Visual Editing:
- Nevron Diagram for .NET provides built-in support for developing thick client diagramming applications. It comes equipped with several ready to use controls, which can help you to create a standalone diagramming application in minutes. In fact, the Diagram Designer application, which is included in the package, is built by only assembling the following controls:
- Drawing View: The drawing view helps you to display and edit drawing documents. Drawing views are feature-rich and help you to zoom, pan, stretch and fit documents. Drawing views can edit numerous shape features via interactive editors (trackers).
- Library View: The library view helps you to display and edit library documents. You can drag and drop shapes from the library view to the drawing view and vice versa.
- Pan and Zoom Control: The pan and zoom control helps you to display a bird's eye view of the document, which is being edited in its master drawing view. It also lets you interactively pan and zoom the master drawing view.
- Diagram Command Bars Manager: The diagram command bars manager helps you to visualize and execute the set of predefined commands, which can be performed on drawing and library views.
- Diagram Properties Browser: The diagram, properties browser helps you to instantly edit the properties of the document, the active layer, the selected element or the view.
- Diagram Status Bar: The diagram status bar displays important information about the current state of a drawing view (size of the selected element, keyboard state, measurement unit etc.)
- Nevron Diagram for .NET takes a radical approach towards processing the user gestures in both drawing and library views. All UI events are processed via tools, which are maintained by a controller, assigned to each view. This helps you to easily configure the way, in which the user interacts with your diagram, which is achieved by simply enabling/disabling certain tools. If the myriad of predefined tools does not fit in your particular integration case, you can enrich your application by implementing custom tools. Nevron Diagram for .NET has the industry leading support for visual aids. Following is a brief overview:
- Previews: All operations, which the user performs with shapes, are previewed. For example: if you move shapes, drag and drop shapes, rotate or resize shapes, the diagram will automatically generate previews for the shapes, upon which the operation is performed. This helps the user to see the effect of the action, before it is actually committed. All previewed actions can be canceled by pressing the Esc key.
- Snapping:Previews are smartly snapped. Snapping is context sensitive. For example, if you move a connector plug, it tries to snap to inward ports first. If you move a shape, it tries to snap its outward ports to inward ports first. If you rotate a shape, the diagram tries to snap the rotation angle and so forth. Snapping can be tuned in numerous ways.
- Grid and Rulers: All previews can be snapped to grid lines and ruler ticks. The grid and ruler components are built in each drawing view. Both the grid and rulers have smart scales - for example, if you zoom in/out the diagram, they try to adjust their tick steps automatically, in order to fill the view port area in the best way (e.g. automatically increase or decrease the step). They can of course have a fixed step too, if you prefer. Both grid and rulers can operate in different measurement units.
- Auto Scrolling: Auto-scrolling helps the user to scroll the view, while moving shapes, by just moving the mouse close the view rims.
- Attention to detail: Nevron Diagram for .NET pays great attention to visual aids details. For example: The cursors, which appear on resize handles, are properly oriented. Many operations accept Ctrl/Shift modifications (Ctrl + Move for example duplicates a shape). Tooltips appear on handles, control points, rulers etc. Connection ports are highlighted, to indicate connection. Selection target shapes are highlighted. Moved region bounds are projected on the rulers. Mouse cursor position is projected on rulers. Multiple moved shapes bounds are displayed. And many more…
- Thin Client (ASP.NET) and AJAX: Nevron Diagram for .NET provides built-in support for developing interactive thin client diagramming applications. It can operate either in Postback Mode or in AJAX mode. Following is a brief description of the thin client modes:
- Client Side AJAX Tools:
- Most of the Nevron Diagram for .NET AJAX functionality is based on the controller/tools architecture. Pure client side tools that work with an updateable diagram image are the Tooltip tool, the Dynamic cursor tool and the Browser redirect tool.
- A set of tools is available that intercept the user input and route it via AJAX calls to the server for processing. All mouse events can be enabled for AJAX routing, helping you to create drill-down functionality and add hover effects. The controller/tools architecture allows you to easily extend the AJAX functionality by creating new custom tools.
- ASP.NET Postback Mode: Nevron Diagram for .NET provides a set of useful features that help you to add interactivity to your web application, while sticking to the more traditional and simple postback technology:
- Interactive Image MapsNevron Diagram for .NET can send an HTML image map to the client browser, which allows you to build web applications with drill down capabilities. The interactive image map helps you to add the following interactivity to your diagram:
- Client side browser redirect, with configurable target URL for every diagram element;
- Dynamic cursor, that changes when the user hovers over diagram elements
- Client side tooltips.
- Provides a way to inject client side script blocks to be executed on user input on per-diagram element basis.
- SVG Image Response: The SVG image response sends to the client a rich vector graphics image. This helps you to have the diagram image rescaled in the web browser without loss of quality, which would be the case if rescaling raster format images. The SVG format also allows for client side interactivity like mouse hover effects.
- Map Import
Full featured import of ESRI shape files with support for the following types of projections:
Aitoff, Bonne, Lambert, Behrmann, Tristan, Edwards, Peters, Gall, Balthasart, EckertIV, EckertVI, Equirectangular, Hammer, Kavrayskiy VII, Mercator, MillerCylindrical, Mollweide, Orthographic, Robinson, Stereographic, Van Der Grinten, Wagner VI and Winkel Tripel. The ESRI import can easily be extended to include custom data formatting. For the purpose of displaying maps in diagrams, layers have been extended to support conditional visibility based on the zoom factor. When maps are imported in multiple layers you can define the zoom range in which each particular layer is visible. This helps you implement maps, which support zoom based level-of-detail. For the purpose of maps the NPointElement has been extended to support text. This helps you display geo points as labeled point shapes, which are independent of the zoom factor.
- Data Import
Support for automatic import of tree and graph data structures from tabular data sources. The new data import feature supports the following data sources: DataTable, DataView, OleDbDataAdapter, SqlDataAdapter, OdbcDataAdapter, OleDbCommand, SqlCommand, OdbcCommand. The data import provides you with the ability to control the data records information shown for each record.
- DOM Improvements
The producer has added the NSegmentLabel, which gives you the ability to anchor text to a predefined or custom model segment. The NSegmentLabel can be instructed to keep text upward orientation as well as to follow the segment orientation. Shapes now have the SizeToText method, which attempts to size the shape to the primary (default) label size. The NDrawingDocument has been extended to provide the MeasureStringInWorld and MeasureStringInScene methods.
- New Predefined Shapes
In this release the producer has added new shapes in the following shape factories:
- Symbol shapes - 7 new shapes
- Food shapes - 11 new shapes
- Brainstorming shapes - 18 new shapes
- Layouts Improvements
All graph layouts have been revised to support self loops and bi-links. With this improvements the Nevron Diagram layouts engine is now capable of arranging any type of graph. The compact depth and layered tree layouts have been improved to support plug spacing.
- Windows Forms Improvements
Following is a list of the new behavior improvements of WinForm views:
- Shift modifies the resize behavior of side handles when pressed aspect ratio is preserved.
- Shift modifies the resize behavior of corner handles when pressed aspect ratio is broken.
- The producer The producer Compatible with IIS7
Nevron Diagram now meets the new requirements of IIS7 and can be safely deployed to IIS7 servers.
- Dynamic Image Size
In AJAX mode the Nevron web controls can be resized dynamically through asynchronous requests.
- Image map with Instant Callback
Because the Nevron Instant Callback cannot read result data from the server when a request completes, the client side image map cannot be update dynamically. There are cases, though, such as toolbars or other navigation elements, when an image map is required but it does not change over time. Now the Nevron web controls generate an initial image map also when using Instant Callbacks, extending the range of cases, when Instant Callbacks can be used to optimize the application performance.
Requirements:.NET Framework 2.0 / 3.x
Nevron Diagram for .NET Q3_2008 Screenshot
Nevron Diagram for .NET Q3_2008 Keywords
Bookmark Nevron Diagram for .NET Q3_2008
Nevron Diagram for .NET Q3_2008 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- SDE for Visual Studio .NET (SE) for Win 1.1 Standard Edition
- SDE for Visual Studio .NET (PE) for Win 1.1 Professional
- Yaldex JSFactory Pro 3.2
- Web Code Expert 1.0
- dhtmlxMenu :: Ajax Menu Component 1.0
- dhtmlxGrid :: Editable Ajax Data Grid 1.4