NoteTab Light 6.0
NoteTab Light 6.0 Ranking & Summary
NoteTab Light 6.0 description
NoteTab Light 6.0 is a powerful and easy-to-use tool designed as a Notepad replacement and a capable HTML editor. A slimmer version of the award-winning NoteTab Pro, this slick application makes text editing a breeze. Move quickly around a stack of large files with a simple tabbed interface. Format your text to your hearts content. Write with the font of your choice, fixed-width or proportional.
If you need to cut and paste chunks from a pile of files, forget the Clipboard: you can set up a Paste Board file to save text clips automatically. Strip HTML tags from your files. Call up complete document statistics instantly. Use powerful, system-wide search and replace tools.
Speed up your work with text macros: you can use them as shortcuts, or even to auto-replace those persistent typos. Handy sample macro libraries are supplied, and you can easily build your own. Make the most of NoteTabs many options to suit your own workstyle.
- Handles many documents at once, even huge files (only limited by system resources).
- Drag-and-drop text editing.
- AutoCorrect/Auto-replace mode similar to Microsoft® WinWord.
- Supports Microsoft Office sound events.
- Fully configurable toolbar with flat or standard buttons (more than 90 commands available).
- Fully configurable shortcut menu.
- Programmable: add your own custom features using an easy script language.
- Web enabled: can open links and HTML documents in browser.
- Supports third-party Web tools: HTML Tidy, TopStyle, and CSE HTML Validator.
- Powerful Clipbook tool makes it easy to memorize and insert any kind of text in your document. Includes libraries for HTML tags, acronyms, smilies, etc. Can also be used for "shorthand" glossaries or to launch other applications.
- Innovative In-Context Clipbook reduces mouse movement and speeds up work.
- Support for Perl and Gawk interpreters: scripts can be stored in NoteTab and applied directly to highlighted text or whole document.
- Mathematical calculation: type a mathematical expression and NoteTab will calculate the result.
- Individual document settings such as font, tab width, and word wrap.
- Supports outline-type documents that help you organize your notes or any kind of information.
- Supports document templates.
- Search/replace in all open documents, or in closed documents stored on disk.
- Supports search tokens and regular expressions.
- Special functions to convert text files to Web documents, strip HTML tags, sort lines, change case, process text in blocks, etc.
- Supports Drag-and-drop of image files from the Quick List tool into an HTML document (creates image tags with the correct size attributes).
- Automatic scrolling for hands-free document reading.
- Options to set margins, page numbering, headers, and footers for printing jobs.
- Reformats text, including left and right justification.
- Produces text statistics: counts characters and words, and word frequency.
- Supports Drag-and-drop from File Manager or Windows Explorer.
- Runs from the command-line, accepting multiple file names and wildcards.
- Quickly opens files or directories from the Favorites list.
- Captures text copied to the Clipboard from any application.
- Reads and writes files in DOS ASCII, UNIX, EBCDIC, and Mac formats.
- Covers all essential features available in Notepad (including LOG).
- Convert between units of the Metric system and the Imperial system.
- Convert all your HTML files to plain text files, or vice versa.
- Calculate mortgage rates and future value of deposits.
- Create Web pages from your image collections.
- Convert between the Euro and other currencies.
- Expand "shorthand" text sent to the Clipboard and automatically paste it back.
- Generate passwords based on the characters of your choice.
- Store all your passwords and other sensitive text in securely encrypted files.
- Get the message digest of files or text (MD5 and CRC32).
- Format and clean up email messages.
- Save files to Palm handheld from NoteTab.
- Easily enter accented characters as you type.
- Convert comma-delimited data files to HTML tables.
- Search multiple search engines at the same time.
- Rolodex for storing contact information.
- Clean up HTML documents converted by Microsoft Word.
- Document employee actions based upon US Federal and State law.
- Convert Netscape & Internet Explorer Bookmarks.
- Create keyword lists for your Web pages.
- Convert formatted (rich) text in the Clipboard to plain text.
- Encode email addresses to evade spam programs.
- Improved support for Unicode and UTF-8 files, as well as documents based on alternative character code pages. Support for these new features appear in the File Open/Save dialog boxes as well as in Clip commands. Note that NoteTab is not a Unicode editor; characters that cannot be converted to the chosen ANSI code page are lost. Note also that Windows may substitute the document font with another that offers the appropriate character script. In NoteTab Pro this could result in a fixed-width font getting replaced with a variable-width font; when this happens, you may experience inconsistencies when selecting and editing text.
- When you open a Web document without specifying a code page, NoteTab will search the file for a charset, encoding, or lang attribute value. If such a value is found and recognized, NoteTab will attempt to adjust the font to the appropriate font script in order to display the text faithfully.
- The read-only document protection is now only set after opening a UTF-8 or Unicode file containing characters that failed to convert to ANSI.
- Updated the regular expressions engine to the latest release, which is based on PCRE 7.9.
- By default, unselected document tabs now use a less dark color.
Fixed failure to set read-only protection when opening UTF-8 Web files lacking BOM signature.
- Updated several file-handling Clip commands and functions to add support for the new code-page features.
- Updated the SampleCode Clip library with two new commands for opening and saving documents. The Open Document command lets you specify a code page and the Save
- Document command lets you specify an ANSI, UTF-8, or Unicode encoding. You will find additional code page values listed on the Microsoft Web site.
- Some other minor improvements and issues fixed.
- Windows 95 / 98 / 2000 / 2003 / NT4 / ME / XP / XP64 / Vista / Vista64
- Mac OS / Linux in conjunction with Wine
- 32 MB of RAM, 4 MB disk space
- Pentium (or compatible) processor
NoteTab Light 6.0 Screenshot
NoteTab Light 6.0 Keywords
Bookmark NoteTab Light 6.0
NoteTab Light 6.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Yahoo! Mail Download Multiple Emails To Text Files Software 7.0
- Add and Append Data and Text and Characters to Multiple Text Files 9.0
- 1-Click Files-Duplicate Delete 1.03
- Excel Export To Text Files Software 7.0
- OneClick Duplicate Delete for Files 1.02
- Save Multiple HTML Files As Text Files Software 7.0
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple Text Files Into One Software 7.0
- Gmail Download Multiple Emails To Text Files Software 7.0
- WORDiary 1.1
- miniMerge 1.2.0
- Fast PDF converter 1.5
- PDF to Text Converter 7.0
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple (or Two) Text Files Into One Software 7.0
- Find and Replace Text In Multiple Files Software 7.0
- Compare & Find Differences Between Two Text Files Software 7.0
- PDF to Text Batch Convert Multiple Files Software 7.0
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple (or Two) Text Files 7.0
- Multiple Text Files to MS Word Document 7.0
- MS Word Export To Multiple Text Files Software 7.0
- Multiple Text Files to MS Word Document Convert So 7.0
- Excel Extract Data and Text from Multiple Files at Once 9.0
- MS Word Export To Multiple Text Files 7.0
- Outlook Download Multiple Emails To Text Files Software 7.0
- MySQL Import Multiple Text Files tool 7.0