ObjectMapper .NET 2.3.3815.0
ObjectMapper .NET 2.3.3815.0 Ranking & Summary
ObjectMapper .NET 2.3.3815.0 description
ObjectMapper .NET 2.3.3815.0 offers you a modern and impressive open source project for object persistence, proven in real-world projects.
Object relational mappers aim to bridge the gap between object oriented programming and relational database models. The ObjectMapper .NET offers state-of-the-art object mapping functionality, yet it also provides advanced features that set it apart from other o/r mappers.
Tailored to achieve maximum performance and development ease-of-use this technology will give developers the ability to build business components with unprecedented productivity and optimal runtime performance.
The entity model drives the database layout, thus enabling real model driven development.
The business entity model can be designed using the CASE tool of your choice - it may even be designed by business analysts rather than classical developers. The entities and their properties may then be decorated with declarative attributes - either within the CASE tool or within the generated C# code. These attributes may tell the ObjectMapper .NET simple things, such as the length of a text field, or they may provide more complex information, or to allow fields to be picked from another table. In many cases the default behaviour will suffice - reducing the amount of work efficiently.
The ObjectMapper .NET - and this is really a great part, will use the meta information of the model to create a DDL file to create the database - including all constraints. It also supports database versioning.
No need to maintain a separate DDL. No need to manually synchronize properties and database table columns. All contained in one single source, thus eliminating maintenance hurdles and a whole class of error conditions.
1. Extracts the DDL file from the application object model.
- There is no need write additional entity descriptions in XML or other file formats. All information resides within the code itself in one soingle location. This reduces maintenance and eliminates a source for errors.
2. SQL Query API
- The ObjectMapper .NET provides an easy to use SQL Query API that can be used to build complex queries independenmtly of the native SQL dialect the actual database is using.
3. New mapping technique: Virtual Links
- The ObjectMapper .NET introduces a concept to build views within the business entities - called Virtual Links. Values of related entities can be joined directly into the object as read-only properties.
- The ObjectMapper .NET adresses database versioning via version attributes on classes and properties. This feature makes it possible to work with different database versions at the same time using the same entity model. The version used at runtime can be selected freely by the concrete instance of the ObjectMapper .NET.
5. Integrated Paging Mechanism
- The ObjectMapper .NET provides an integrated database paging for every supported DBMS. This feature is intended for server-side paging, a very valuable feature for efficiently browsing large collections of data, especially in web applications.
6. Object Localization
- The ObjectMapper .NET provides a method to localize value objects for different languages. This is done implicitely during database queries, no additional queries are required.
7. Minimal implications for the entity model
- The AdFactum Object Mapper .NET requires very minimal changes on existing entity models. All it needs is an interface supported by the entity class (which can easily by implemented in a common base class) and additional meta information provided as attributes on classes and properties.
8. Possible use of typed or self defined collections
- The AdFactum Object Mapper .NET does not mandate special collection classes (as other O/R mappers do). The developer is free to choose predefined .NET Framework collections or develop his own collection classes.
9. Optimized for performance and proven in real-world applications
- The AdFactum Object Mapper .NET has been used in real-world applications with tight performance requirements. It has undergone measurement and optimizations for database operations as well as for its own runtime code.
10. Optimistic concurrency
- The ObjectMapper .NET supports optimistic locking. Changes done concurrently on an entity after is has been read are detected auotmatically and can be handled appropriately by the developer.
11. Open for custom factory frameworks
- The ObjectMapper .NET needs to create objects dynamically. Instead of hardwiring this functionality, this object creation is cleanly separated and customizable. For example Spring.NET could be used as well as other factories (e.g. a factory could aim to reduce the overhead of dynamic creation via reflection and thus provide high performace object creation).
1. Bug Fixes:
- This Patch fixes a bug that prevented using a Having Clause and a Where Clause within the same SQL statement. This bug has been fixed. Now you can use the ConditionClause Property of an Condition to define if the condition has to be placed into the Where or into the Having Clause.
- This Patch fixes a bug that prevented using a SubSelect in a surrounding projection of the same type.
2. New Features:
- Added new methods to the INativePersister interface that allows creating and executing Commands directly.
- Added a new feature that allows enriching a self defined sql with paging informations, dependend on the used Persister.
- Windows 2003, XP, 2000, Me, NT
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 or higher
ObjectMapper .NET 2.3.3815.0 Screenshot
ObjectMapper .NET 2.3.3815.0 Keywords
Bookmark ObjectMapper .NET 2.3.3815.0
ObjectMapper .NET 2.3.3815.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.