PlayBasic 1.63 Ranking & Summary
PlayBasic 1.63 description
PlayBasic 1.63 is a powerful tool to create game, based upon the Easy-To-Use Basic programming language. It was developed by game enthusiasts for game enthusiasts, and incorporates more than 20 years experience in the field. Our aim was to produce a language that offers same sit down and play experience of older basics had, but with a more modern feature set. So everybody can experience the fun of game making again !
Since PlayBasic focuses on game creation, it includes a wealth of graphical features. Ranging from Mapping (Creating worlds), Sprites, Image effects, Cameras, Shapes, Texture Mapping through to a full set of traditional 2D vector art (Dots/lines/boxes through to polygons).
Sprite capabilities are one the most critical parts of any game creation tool. PlayBasics sprite engine not only supports Rotation / Scaling / Flipping, but various real time image manipulation effects such as Alpha Blending (Variable, Additive, Subtractive), logical masking through to Raster Bar and real time Colour Replacement just to name a few.
But, what would good is a game making tool without a good collision system ? Virtually useless ! So weve included seven different collision methods. Including Pixel Perfect Collision, Rect, Rotated Rect, Circular, Polygonal, Sliding and Sticky Collision modes. Moreover, you can mix vector collision modes with pixel perfect collision and vice versa. Making PlayBasics collision system arguably the most advanced available!
PlayBasic comes with a comprehensive code editor, built in Debugger, Tools and over 400 hundred examples to get you started. Moreover, we are always open to your feedback! We want PlayBasic to be as powerful, flexible and of course as much FUN as possible.
So if youre like me and remember when programming was fun, or you’d just like to start learning, then give then give PlayBasic a try!
- Supports up to 8 open projects simultaneously
- Reopen most recently used files window (lists up to 20 files)
- Project Templates allow you to save and re-use project settings for later use
- Supports up to 255 source files per project
- Tab support for source files
- Files can be included with the "Source Manager" or with the "#INCLUDE" directive
- "Source Manager" allows you to maintain your source files(Add/Rename/Delete/Export)
- "File Management" allows you to maintain files (eg. media) that are part of you project
- Advanced search and replace
- Customizable Toolbars
- Definable breakpoints and watches
- Exports source code to RTF or HTML
- Print source code
- Customizable margin and gutter
- Optional auto save and backup files
- Customizable editor settings
- Auto indent and un-indent
- Keyword sensitive indent
- Block indent
- Customizable Syntax Highlighting
- Library Paths management
- Source Inspector lists psubs, functions, types, global variables, constants and data lines
- "Messages" displays error messages and search results
- Keyword sensitive help system
- Plug-in interface
- An unlimited Trial period
- Better Vista support
- Bug fixes
- Complete overhaul of the Help Files (revision 9)
- An updated Example Pack.
- System : Windows 95/98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/2003/ VISTA
- Processor : 500mhz or Above
- Direct X: 3.0 or above
- HD space : 35 mb
- System Ram : 16/32 Mb (64Mb recommended)
- Video Ram : 4/8 Mb (16Mb or higher recommended)
- Sound : SoundBlaster ( or compatible device )
PlayBasic 1.63 Screenshot
PlayBasic 1.63 Keywords
Bookmark PlayBasic 1.63
PlayBasic 1.63 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.