ScreenSteps 2.0.2 Ranking & Summary
ScreenSteps 2.0.2 description
Everyone loves visual documentation. It is so much easier to see a picture of what you need to do as opposed to reading lengthy instructions.
ScreenSteps makes creating visual training almost effortless:
Capture each step of the process you are trying to teach. The images are automatically sequenced in the order you took them. Crop images and add highlights to focus on the pertinent areas of the screen.
Go back and add text describing each step. You shouldnt have to write too much since the pictures will show each step of the process.
Export your lesson to PDF or HTML. You can even create your own HTML and XML templates.
Thats it. You can literally create visual detailed lessons in 5 to 10 minutes with our ScreenSteps software.
- Built in screen capture
- Crop Tool
- Annotation Tools: Circle, Square, Rounded Square
- Adjust annotations at any time (non-destructive annotation)
- Integrates with third party screen capture applications such as SnagIt (Windows) and Snapz (Mac).
- Integrates with any image editor
- Automatically sequences your captures in the order you took them
- Easily reorder or replace images
- Assemble your steps in Thumbnail view and then add text in Preview mode for a better view of your images
- Export to PDF, HTML or your own custom HTML/XML templates
- 15 days evaluation period
- Lessons can now be exported as a single file (package). Packages can also be imported.
- You can now insert tabs into step instructions using option (alt on Windows) tab. This allows you to indent text when exporting to HTML or ScreenSteps Live.
- New "Reveal Files After Export" preference. When checked the files you export will be revealed in the Finder or Windows Explorer.
- You can now set whether or not to scale images on import and what the maximum height/width should be in general preferences.
- Added buttons that reveal template folders for lesson and topic HTML templates.
- PDF files now default to real size when opened in a PDF viewer and use the default page layout view (single, continuous, etc.).
- Improved use of space on page when outputing PDF files.
- Sequence tools do a better job of centering numbers within the circle.
- Double-clicking on an annotation or an annotation toolbar button will open the Inspector.
- Fixed a scenario where the spell checker would enter an endless loop and crash ScreenSteps.
- Lesson description no longer has extra tags between paragraphs when exporting to HTML or ScreenSteps Live.
- When editing step instructions odd font sizes are no longer introduced for some text.
- Topics can now have two lessons of the same name when exporting to HTML.
- The tag creation field in the lesson info inspector was adding return characters when using return key to create a new tag. This no longer happens.
- Removing a tag from a lesson in the inspector palette would generate errors on occasion.
- Move step up/down is no longer active when not viewing a lesson.
- Dragging a lesson from one topic to another will no longer generate an error if the lesson did not already exist in the other topic.
- New step instructions contextual menu. Quick access to formatting options as well as the ability to create a new step using the selected text or to split a step at the insertion point.
- PDF header image retains correct position when steps span multiple pages.
- When viewing a tag, creating a new lesson tags the new lesson with the tag currently being viewed.
- Tag list lesson count is now kept up to date when deleting lessons with tags.
- Fixed list jumping when return from a lesson to the Lesson Library.
- Enter key now opens title fields for editing (topics, sections, section lessons, lesson and steps).
- Setting topic PDF or HTML template no longer updates all topics.
- Adding a lesson to a topic no longer causes the the topic list to jump around.
- When cropping an image in an external editor ScreenSteps now updates the image export dimensions properly.
- Cropping an image now repositions annotations appropriately.
- Clipboard recording is now disabled when the lesson window is closed while a lesson is being viewed.
- Lesson menu now disables accordingly when lesson is open but main window is closed.
- Lesson menu disables move step up/down if there are less than two steps.
- Capture palette camera now stays in sync with main window based on whether or not it is open.
- ScreenSteps windows now reposition and resize themselves appropriately when changing the display resolution of the monitor.
- Lesson pdf/html template selector was not enabling in lesson view.
- Using arrow keys to navigate lesson library now keeps the Inpspector palette in sync.
- Unsaved annotations are now saved before the clipboard image is used to create a new step (clipboard recording is active).
- Tags no longer overrun the tag count label in the tag list.
- ScreenSteps Live preference pane no longer allows data entry if no accounts exist.
- Sync image names to step titles is now working again.
- File->Export->PDF for a topic was not hooked up.
- Trying to export a topic using File->Export would try to export a lesson unless the topic had focus.
ScreenSteps 2.0.2 Screenshot
ScreenSteps 2.0.2 Keywords
Bookmark ScreenSteps 2.0.2
ScreenSteps 2.0.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.