SetupBuilder 6.9.2537 Ranking & Summary
SetupBuilder 6.9.2537 description
SetupBuilder 6.9.2537 is a professional and easy to use Installation Authoring and Configuration Management environment which is designed to help developers and organizations deploy applications to the Microsoft Windows Platform, including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows x64.
Deploying any kind of software application is one of the most complex tasks you face as a developer. It's difficult to prepare an application correctly for installation on every possible system configuration and provide deployment options. SetupBuilder offers the full set of the features you need to quickly build bulletproof setups and updates for Windows.
Easy Setup, Seamless Delivery
Developer Edition is a best-of-breed product for setup developers who want complete control over their installations. In addition to all functions found in SetupBuilder Professional, the Developer Edition flagship provides advanced features such as Web Installation and Web Update (live update) for creating dynamic Internet-based installations, setupPROTECT to maximize your profit potential, reduce costs and increase your software security, a Visual Debugger to troubleshoot your installations by monitoring it as it runs, multi-language support, and much more.
As rapid application development (RAD) tools have become commonplace, simplifying the development process and reducing project life cycles, the ability to create smooth, efficient applications in less time often means needing to deploy them just as quickly. SetupBuilder 6 is a powerful, flexible, and intuitive script-based Rapid Setup Development and Configuration Management tool for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT4 and even Windows Me/98/95.
We're ready for Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, are you?
Looking to target Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008? We've got you covered! We are committed to providing you with support for the latest advancements in installation, deployment and operating system technology!
If you demand the maximum flexibility to create professional, customized Windows installations, SetupBuilder has it all.
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE): SetupBuilder provides a task-based IDE. Even those who have never programmed an installation before can develop one in less than ten minutes. Context-sensitive help is embedded at every step.
- Visualize: The intuitive interface, called Visualizer, is a wizard-based series of screens that walk the developer through the installation authoring process.
- Release Management: Support for efficient project release management. Create multiple versions of an application from a single project.
- International Language Support: SetupBuilder offers unsurpassed support for multilingual installations right out of the box. One installation can automatically handle up to 29 "runtime" languages.
- Powerful Scripting Facility: With over 400 predefined setup-related functions, the point-and-click SetupScript language gives you flexibility in any part of the installation, including user dialog sequence, file transfer, error handling, reboot, and even uninstallation.
- Ultra Compact and Fast Installer Engine: No matter how fast your Net connection is, bandwidth is a precious resource. SetupBuilder has always been the industry-leader in low-overhead, high-performance software installers and we are committed to staying leaps ahead of the competition.
- Internet-based Installations (Web Install): SetupBuilder's Internet distribution technology, called iDeploy, allows you to very easily deploy and update your applications over the Internet. It offers complete control and flexibility for electronic software distribution and reduces your company's support costs.
- Notify Users of Application Updates (Web Update)
- Web Update provides an easy and royalty-free way for software application developers to simply add live Internet version updating to any program. You can give your software a more dynamic feel to it by providing real-time download of upgrades to those users who need it most.
- Delta Updates (Binary Patching): Create industry-standard byte-level patch installations to distribute repairs and updates. That makes product improvements, beta testing and bug fixes a whole lot easier.
- Multi-version File Updater: SetupBuilder allows you to create multi-version patch files. Multiple patch files update multiple versions of a given file set. You can now apply a patch file that updates versions 1 and/or 2 etc. of a program to version 3.
- Auto Update Generator: This feature takes an existing product folder tree and compares it to the folder containing your newer files. It can generate the update files for any files that have changed. It can also include any new files that have been added.
- SetupPROTECT Support: SetupBuilder can help you manage access to your software. With its powerful Serial Number feature, you can quickly create thousands of unique serial numbers. The Subscription Key technology is well suited for software subscription services in which the end-users subscribe, for instance on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, etc. basis. Your installer data is only accessible to those users who supply a valid serial number and subscription key.
- SetupPROTECT SDK (sPSDK): sPSDK is a small, fast, and efficient software development kit specially designed for SetupBuilder serial number and subscription key generation from within your own application. It lets you dynamically generate serial numbers and subscription keys on-the-fly. This tool is not part of the standard SetupBuilder installation and has to be requested separately. The sPSDK provides Clarion, Visual Studio C++ 2002, 2005 and 2008 source code example files.
- Password Protected Installs: The author of an installation can incorporate one or more passwords for the installation. The user would be required to enter a password for the installation to complete.
- Online Registration Support: SetupBuilder allows the user to register your program after the installation has been completed successfully. The installer will do a HTTP POST operation to pass data to the web server. A CGI program on your server can then retrieve the data.
- Atomic Clock Time Support: SetupBuilder lets you retrieve the time from a NIST Internet Time Service host. The NIST Internet Time Service uses multiple stratum-1 time servers.
- "Include" Scripts Support: Organize your scripts and make them modular. This feature lets the active script include the entire contents of another script file. The SetupScript language is based on the concept that the core language may be extended or expanded by writing include scripts. Programmers have access to the source code and can alter it to fit their unique needs.
- "Include" Script Library: SetupBuilder provides a library of include scripts that perform very specific tasks. You don't have to waste time writing tedious code to do the things that are built-in right into SetupBuilder.
- Core PreRequisites
- SetupBuilder provides point-and-click support for core pre-requisites (e.g. .NET Framework 3.0, Windows Installer 3.1, J# 2.0, etc.). The Core PreRequisites feature makes it possible to streamline the installation process and to ensure the pre-requisite components are in place.
- Redistributable Manager: The Redistributable Manager lets you obtain the latest available redistributable files from our web server.
- ODBC Support: SetupBuilder lets you install ODBC drivers, data sources and translators.
- Launch Extension Scripts or Files: Extend your installation's capabilities by using VBScript, EXE, MSI, or functions in DLL files.
- API Calling: API Calling gives you the ability to call Windows API from your installation script without writing C code.
- Import Registry Settings: Rather than typing tedious registry settings by hand, you can now import registry files (*.reg) into your installation.
- Visual Script Debugger: Troubleshoot your installations by monitoring it as it runs. SetupBuilder includes a real debugger for solving any problems with your scripts.
- Flexible Uninstall and Rollback Support: The uninstall feature follows a clean removal logic to return the target computer to its state prior to the application being installed. It can also perform setup rollback if an installation fails.
- Customizable Uninstaller: SetupBuilder gives developers total control over the uninstallation process. Fully customizable, the uninstaller can be enhanced with dialogs and functions added by the developer.
- Custom Dialogs: For instances where you want to add custom dialogs, SetupBuilder incorporates that ability, too. With SetupBuilder, you can even opt to completely discard the standard installation interface for your own, making the installation a more personal experience for your organization.
- Custom Graphics: Using any standard Windows Bitmap, it is easy to incorporate your own custom graphics such as company logos, splash screens, etc.
- Silent Installs: Create silent installations that operate without displaying user interface dialogs, prompts, messages or errors.
- Scheduled Task Support: Schedule any script, program, or document to run at a time that is most convenient for you. Scheduled Tasks run in the background, and it starts each task that you schedule at the time that you specify when you create the task.
- Media Spanning for Large Applications
- Media spanning functionality enables you to build an installation that spans more than one CD, or other media.
- AuthentiCode™ Technology
- SetupBuilder supports AuthentiCode™. This technology provides a secure method of distributing applications. If a distribution has been signed using AuthentiCode™ technology, you can rest assured it is from a trusted source.
- Multiple Build Configurations: Use the same project to build different versions of code, such as full and trial builds.
- Reusable Project Template: If you consistently use the same default settings in your installation routines, you can create installation templates that can be used as starting points for your installs.
- Portable Projects: Easily move projects from one drive to another or from one machine to another.
- Dynamic Include and Exclude File Linking: Dynamically include or exclude any number of files at build time using power filter masks. Saves time because you don't need to add or remove files individually.
- Static File Dependency Scanners: The static scanner searches all of the files that are part of your application.
- Dynamic File Dependency Scanners: The dynamic scanner watches a running application and identifies all the files that are called.
- Command Line Compiler: Automate your installation build process by building your project from the command line.
- Conditional Features: Conditional features allow you to break a complex installation into multiple parts. You can use conditional features to build a single package that supports a partial installation of your product. You can create a single installation that provides this flexibility.
- Operating System Filtering: Create one installation that supports multiple operating systems by filtering files specific to Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, 2000, NT4, Me, 98 and 95.
- System Requirements Checking: Easily enforce system requirements just by clicking a few boxes. Built-in checks include operating system, .NET Framework version, memory, screen resolution, color depth and administrator privileges.
- Zip and Unzip Support
- SetupBuilder lets you add zip and unzip functionality to your installer quickly and easily. When the situation calls for it, you'll be able to extract files from a .ZIP archive for further processing or create industry-compatible .ZIP archives.
- Standard User Interface: There is no need to worry about the "look and feel" of the software installation unless you want to. SetupBuilder creates the installation interface for you with the "look and feel" of standard Windows program installations. The installation screens are familiar since most applications use the same type of interface for installation.
- Works with Windows 95 and Up
- While other installer tools are dropping support for older operating systems such as Windows 95 and 98, we believe that your choice of installation builder shouldn't limit your potential market. Setups created with SetupBuilder work just fine on every Windows operating system from Windows 95 to Vista and beyond.
- Documentation Available as Printable .pdf File: The documentation for SetupBuilder is available as an industry-standard .pdf file.
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 Support
- Core PreRequisites
- Scripting Engine
- Web Install
- Web Update (Live Update)
- Binary Patch
- Software Subscription and Serial Numbers
- Bug Fixes
- 64-bit Support
- Release Management
- Preprocessor Support
- .NET Framework 3.5
- Java detection
Requirements: Windows 95 or higher
SetupBuilder 6.9.2537 Screenshot
SetupBuilder 6.9.2537 Keywords
Bookmark SetupBuilder 6.9.2537
SetupBuilder 6.9.2537 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- SetupBuilder 7.9.2680
- SetupBuilder 6.9.2581
- SetupBuilder 6.9.2558
- SetupBuilder 6.9.2555
- SetupBuilder 6.9.2516
- SetupBuilder 6.9.2509
- SetupBuilder 6.9.2390
- SetupBuilder 6.9.2380
- SetupBuilder 6.9.2309
- SetupBuilder 6.8.2266
- SetupBuilder 6.8.2245
- SetupBuilder 6.5.1911
- SetupBuilder 6.5.1911
- SetupBuilder 6.5.1911
- SetupBuilder 6.5.1852