Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Service 2008 1.0
Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Service 2008 1.0 Ranking & Summary
Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Service 2008 1.0 description
Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Service 2008 1.0 is equipped with innovative technology so it is able to provide developers with fast, easy and cheap creation of RIA applications. At present half the battle of business success is a flexible and effective corporate reporting system. However, the lack of built-in components for displaying the Reporting Services reports in Silverlight put obstacles in the way of effective work with reports. Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services 2008 is the first on the market product intended for displaying the Reporting Services reports directly in Silverlight applications. The product includes a native Silverlight control and is easily integrated into any Silverlight application.
Full compatibility with Silverlight 3.0 provides the ability to use it not only in the applications, located directly on html pages, but also in the out-of-browser mode. Various preview and zooming modes, rich facilities of data visualization, scrolling, interactive sorting, panning, navigation through the reports via hyperlinks, input of the report parameters, search (and more) are at your discretion. The reports are displayed in vector format. This provides the high quality appearance of the report which is impossible to achieve with conversion to html. The user views only necessary report pages without loading the whole report.
This provides high speed and saves Internet traffic. Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services supports customozation of viewer appearance with the use of styles and templates. All aspects of the Silverlight Viewer component behavior can be controlled from the code. The product supports .NET Framework 4.0 and SQL Server 2008. Support for report parameters provides you with the ability to optimize data processing within a report and specify information needed for any particular purpose. Export to PDF, Excel, Html, Cvs, Xml, Mhtml, TIFF is available. Use the functionality of the Silverlight technology for displaying reports from Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services!
The main obstacle to the spread of Microsoft Silverlight as a platform for development of line-of-business RIA is the lack of built-in components for the work with reports. At the same time, not a single corporate application can function without effective reporting system.
Perpetuum Software allows you to combine two powerful Microsoft technologies: Silverlight and Reporting Services, so that you can leverage their advantages in your business intelligence applications.
Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Services is the first product on the market which provides the ability of viewing the Reporting Services reports in Silverlight applications. The component represents a native Silverlight control and is easily integrated to any Silverlight application. Thus, it is possible to use the whole set of features which are, as a rule, available in the classical desktop applications, including dynamic scaling and smooth panning with animation, interactive sorting, search and so on.
Silverlight Viewer can be used in applications, located directly on the html pages, and in the out-of-browser mode.
Delicate setup of viewer appearance with the use of styles and templates allows the inclusion of the component into design of any application. All aspects of the Silverlight Viewer component behavior can be controlled from the code.
- Printing of Reporting Services reports from Silvelright.
- WYSIWYG report preview in web browsers with support for scaling, scrolling, panning. The reports are displayed in vector representation. This provides high quality appearance of the report which is impossible to achieve with conversion to html.
- Support for Out-of-browser mode.
- Abilities of the full-functional applications: search, interactive sorting, dynamic zooming, navigation through the reports via hyperlinks, input of the report parameters by the user and so on.
- Smooth animation during the manipulations with reports, no sudden changes on the display occur when you scroll, zoom in or out or navigate the report.
- Support for styles and skins allow the changing design of any control elements.
- Reports export to PDF, Excel, Html, Cvs, Xml, Mhtml, TIFF.
- Automatic fonts load
- Version 2008 adds support for .NET Framework 4.0.
- New: Support for beta version of Visual Studio 2010.
- Trouble shooting and error handling. The LogMode element allows the developer to log exceptions. An option which allows switching on/off recording is available. Errors become visualized on the clients side. It is possible to use two modes: Simple and Full. The Full mode provides a detail visualization if there occurred any errors during execution.
- Improved: Getting Started documentation and Sample Application. The Sample Application was modified in order to avoid problems with logging the exceptions that may be caused by some hosting providers peculiarities.
- Improved: UI for searching, loading progress indicating.
- Fixed: Minor errors and bugs are fixed.
- Silverlight 3.0, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, SQL Server 2008
Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Service 2008 1.0 Screenshot
Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Service 2008 1.0 Keywords
Bookmark Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Service 2008 1.0
Silverlight Viewer for Reporting Service 2008 1.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.