SPVSExt 1.0 Beta
SPVSExt 1.0 Beta Ranking & Summary
SPVSExt 1.0 Beta description
SPVSExt 1.0 Beta is considered as a convenient and useful application which was developed to be a Visual Studio 2010 extension that extends the debugging support for the built-in SharePoint 2010 tools with new menu items and deployment steps.
- Attach debugger to OWSTIMER: If you would like to debug timer jobs, e-mail event receivers or other code that runs in the context of the SharePoint Timer Service, you can click this menu item instead of bothering with the Attach to Process dialog box (Debug / Attach to Process).
- Attach debugger to VSSPHOST4: The vssphost4.exe process is responsible for running SharePoint commands started by Visual Studio 2010. If your code runs in this context, that is the case for example when you create feature event receivers, and would like to debug that code, you can use this menu. In the current version the tool assumes that the process is already running. If this assumption is false, the action will fail.
- Attach debugger to W3WP: Although Visual Studio attaches the debugger to the current web application pool process if you start and deploy the project, but deployment sometimes takes extra time (for example, the code did not change and already deployed) and would be easier just to simply attach to the worker process.
- Recycle W3WP: Yes, there is a similar deployment step that recycle the current application pool process, but as one wrote, one don’t want to always deploy project. This menu item helps me in this case.
- Restart OWSTIMER: The reason for that is similar than the former one.
- Start timer jobs: If you want to debug your timer jobs, you should start them first. You can wait for the jobs to start by their schedule or start them manually one-by-one in Central Admin, but it would be the best if you were able to start the from the Visual Studio IDE, where you want to debug them. So one extended the SharePoint projects with a custom property where you can specify the jobs you want to restart frequently when working on the project.
- Visual Studio 2010
SPVSExt 1.0 Beta Screenshot
SPVSExt 1.0 Beta Keywords
Bookmark SPVSExt 1.0 Beta
SPVSExt 1.0 Beta Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.