TextPad 5.3.0 Ranking & Summary
TextPad 5.3.0 description
TextPad 5.3.0 is a useful utility created to provide the power and functionality to satisfy the most demanding text editing requirements.
It can edit files up to the limits of virtual memory, and it will work with the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows® 2000, Server 2003, XP and Vista.
When just getting the job done is work enough, the last thing you need is to waste time having to learn yet another computer application. Your experience with other tools should be relevant to each new application, making it possible to sit down and use that new application right away.
That's why TextPad is so popular. Whether you simply need a powerful replacement for Notepad, a tool for editing your web pages, or a programming IDE, TextPad does what you want, the way you would expect.
- Huge files can be edited, up to the limits of 32-bit virtual memory.
- Supports Universal Naming Convention (UNC) style names, and long file names with spaces.
- CUA compliant keyboard commands.
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish user interfaces.
- A spelling checker with dictionaries in 10 languages.
- Multiple files can be simultaneously edited, with up to 2 views per file.
- Warm Start feature lets you restart exactly where you left off.
- In addition to the usual cut, copy and paste capabilities, selected text can be case shifted and block indented, and characters, words and lines can be transposed. Cut and copied text can be appended to the clipboard, as well as replacing its contents.
- Text can be automatically word-wrapped at the margin, or at a specified column, if it does not fit on a line. In this mode, text can be split into separate lines where wrapping occurs, or lines can be intelligently joined, preserving paragraphs.
- OLE2 drag and drop editing for copying and moving text between documents.
- Unlimited undo/redo capability. The undo buffer can be optionally cleared when a file is saved, or by using the Mark Clean command.
- Block (column) selection mode, and visible display of tabs and spaces.
- A keystroke macro recorder, with up to 16 active macros.
- Sorting, using up to 3 keys.
- Text can be automatically aligned and indented, relative to the previous line, to aid block indentation.
- The right mouse button pops up an in-context menu.
- The cursor can be constrained to the text, or can be positioned freely in the document view.
- Toolbar with fly-by usage hints, and an active status bar.
- A powerful search/replace engine using UNIX-style regular expressions, with the power of editor macros. Sets of files in a directory tree can be searched, and text can be replaced in all open documents at once.
- Incremental search toolbar for literal text.
- Visible bookmarks can be placed on individual lines, and on all occurrences of a search pattern. Bookmarked lines can be cut, copied or deleted.
- A built in file manager for fast file copying, renaming, deleting etc.
- Print previewing, and printing with customizable headers/footers and page breaks.
- Viewer for binary files using a hexadecimal display format.
- Built in file comparison utility, and up to 16 user-defined tools with argument macros.
- Hypertext links from file search and user tool output to the relevant source line.
- DDE interface to other tools, such as MS Visual C++. The editor detects when an open file has been modified by another tool, and prompts you to reopen it.
- Incremental Find command on the Search menu. It finds the next instance of a string, as you type it in the Incremental Find toolbar.
- Normalize command on Windows menu when document tabs are displayed. It eliminates any tiling and tab groups.
- Option to order document tabs leftmost first.
- Option to substitute TextPad for Notepad.
- Added commands to copy the filename and browse its folder to the Document Selector and tabs context menus.
- Added commands to create new tab groups to the document tabs context menu.
- Sets the Explorer path when opening a workspace.
- Tool names on the Configure/Preferences/Tools dialog box can now be edited by pressing F2.
- The Explorer now uses the Windows Explorer context menu.
- Optional toolbar for print commands.
- Issues resolved:
- The regular expression ".*$" could cause a stack overflow.
- Font not updated when selecting the Clipboard History on the Clip Library.
- The REDO stack was emptied after a file save.
- Character case problem with environment variables.
- Improved heuristics for detecting Unicode files.
- Line breaks not always detected correctly in Unicode files with non-standard end of line character sequences.
- Cursor position error on very long lines and lines with control characters.
- Occasional loss of keyboard focus after closing the Find/Replace dialog box.
- Reduced the regular expression failure stack size to prevent stack overflow.
- Text background sometimes not erased on Vista.
- The Document Selector was not initialised when displayed using the ActivateSelector command.
- The regular expression parser now traps empty alternate expressions.
- Too many copies were printed on Vista when more than one copy requested.
- Very long lines of white space were not rendered correctly.
- When a window is activated its document tab is scrolled into view if necessary.
- Slow exiting when the configuration file is on a server with a slow connection.
- Macro recorder was not closed on exit.
- Dockable log windows options sometimes didn't work.
- Triple clicking the document tab close button, displayed the open file dialog box.
- Clipboard history for non-English versions of Windows.
- TextPad 5 is supported on Windows 2000 (SP4), Server 2003, and the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of XP, Vista and Windows 7.
- TextPad 4 is supported on Windows 2000 (SP4), Server 2003, and the 32-bit edition of XP. It is not supported on Vista, but will run satisfactorily on the 32 bit edition.
- The Japanese edition requires a Japanese edition of MS Windows, with the Japanese locale installed.
TextPad 5.3.0 Screenshot
TextPad 5.3.0 Keywords
Bookmark TextPad 5.3.0
TextPad 5.3.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.