TextPad 5.3.1 Ranking & Summary
TextPad 5.3.1 description
TextPad 5.3.1 is a useful program designed to provide the power and functionality to satisfy the most demanding text editing requirements.
When just getting the job done is work enough, the last thing you need is to waste time having to learn yet another computer application. Your experience with other tools should be relevant to each new application, making it possible to sit down and use that new application right away.
That's why TextPad is so popular. Whether you simply need a powerful replacement for Notepad, a tool for editing your web pages, or a programming IDE, TextPad does what you want, the way you would expect.
- Huge files can be edited, up to the limits of 32-bit virtual memory. See Specifications for the actual limits.
- Supports Universal Naming Convention (UNC) style names, and long file names with spaces.
- CUA compliant keyboard commands.
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish user interfaces.
- A spelling checker with dictionaries in 10 languages.
- Multiple files can be simultaneously edited, with up to 2 views per file.
- Warm Start feature lets you restart exactly where you left off.
- In addition to the usual cut, copy and paste capabilities, selected text can be case shifted and block indented, and characters, words and lines can be transposed. Cut and copied text can be appended to the clipboard, as well as replacing its contents.
- Text can be automatically word-wrapped at the margin, or at a specified column, if it does not fit on a line. In this mode, text can be split into separate lines where wrapping occurs, or lines can be intelligently joined, preserving paragraphs.
- OLE2 drag and drop editing for copying and moving text between documents.
- Unlimited undo/redo capability. The undo buffer can be optionally cleared when a file is saved, or by using the Mark Clean command.
- Block (column) selection mode, and visible display of tabs and spaces.
- A keystroke macro recorder, with up to 16 active macros.
- Sorting, using up to 3 keys.
- Text can be automatically aligned and indented, relative to the previous line, to aid block indentation.
- The right mouse button pops up an in-context menu.
- The cursor can be constrained to the text, or can be positioned freely in the document view.
- Toolbar with fly-by usage hints, and an active status bar.
- A powerful search/replace engine using UNIX-style regular expressions, with the power of editor macros. Sets of files in a directory tree can be searched, and text can be replaced in all open documents at once.
- Incremental search toolbar for literal text.
- Visible bookmarks can be placed on individual lines, and on all occurrences of a search pattern. Bookmarked lines can be cut, copied or deleted.
- A built in file manager for fast file copying, renaming, deleting etc.
- Print previewing, and printing with customizable headers/footers and page breaks.
- Viewer for binary files using a hexadecimal display format.
- Built in file comparison utility, and up to 16 user-defined tools with argument macros.
- Hypertext links from file search and user tool output to the relevant source line.
- DDE interface to other tools, such as MS Visual C++. The editor detects when an open file has been modified by another tool, and prompts you to reopen it.
- Resolve help menu commands which did not work and explorer crash on double clicking Desktop item.
- TextPad 5 is supported on Windows 2000 (SP4), Server 2003, and the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of XP, Vista and Windows 7.
- TextPad 4 is supported on Windows 95, 98, 2000 (SP4), Server 2003, and 32-bit editions of XP.
- The Japanese edition requires a Japanese edition of MS Windows, with the Japanese locale installed.
- Conforms to the Microsoft Windows Guidelines for Accessible Software Design recommendations.
- It can handle file sizes up to the largest contiguous chunk of 32-bit virtual memory.
- The number of concurrent edits is limited by available Windows resources.
- Supports Universal Naming Convention (UNC) style, and long file names with spaces.
- 16-bit Unicode, UTF-8 and 8-bit text files with single and double byte characters can be edited.
- DOS, UNIX, Macintosh, Netscape and mixed end of line characters are supported.
- Text can be in either the ANSI (Windows) or OEM (DOS) code sets.
- Each document has a single MDI window with up to 4 views.
- The full range of fonts installed in MS Windows are supported.
- Up to 32 tab stops can be defined, along with a default tab spacing, and an indent size.
- Up to 16 (user configurable) most recently used files are listed on the File menu.
- Up to 64 user-defined commands can be added to the Tools menu.
- Up to 64 keystroke macros can be added to the Macros menu.
TextPad 5.3.1 Screenshot
TextPad 5.3.1 Keywords
Bookmark TextPad 5.3.1
TextPad 5.3.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Excel Export To Text Files Software 7.0
- Excel Export To Multiple Text Files Software 7.0
- PDF to Text Batch Convert Multiple Files Software 7.0
- Save Multiple Web Sites As Text Files Software 7.0
- Save Multiple HTML Files As Text Files Software 7.0
- YourSpell 1.06
- MySQL Import Multiple Text Files tool 7.0
- CSV & Text Files to HTML Tables Software 7.0
- ZmeY FastNote 1.25
- miniMerge 1.2.0
- Fast PDF converter 1.5
- Remove (Delete) Duplicate Lines & Words in Text Files Software 7.0
- Extract Email Addresses From Text & HTML Files Software 7.0
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple (or Two) Text Files Into One Software 7.0
- Find and Replace Text In Multiple Files Software 7.0
- Find and Replace Text In Multiple Files 7.0
- Text Files to PDF Convert Software 7.0
- Excel Import Multiple Text Files Software 7.0
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple (or Two) Text Files 7.0
- MS Word Export To Multiple Text Files Software 7.0
- Multiple Text Files to MS Word Document 7.0
- MS Word Export To Multiple Text Files 7.0
- Outlook Download Multiple Emails To Text Files Software 7.0
- Compare & Find Differences Between Two Text Files Software 7.0