TrueUpdate 3.5.2 Ranking & Summary
TrueUpdate 3.5.2 description
TrueUpdate 3.5.2 is a useful software that is designed to integrate automated update capabilities into their applications and business processes.
TrueUpdate provides a robust client/server framework for determining required updates, retrieving and applying the necessary patch or installation files using Internet or LAN protocols.
By using open and trusted protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP) and a standard Web server, rather than the proprietary servers required by competitive products, organizations of any size can deploy TrueUpdate enabled software without the need for specialized and costly hardware and software platforms.
Easy to integrate into your software and offers almost unlimited flexibility and customization options. The project wizard assists you with the whole process, helping you identify your file versions, configure patch download locations, build your customized TrueUpdate client and upload the information to your server.
- Easy Licensing: Simple royalty-free, per-developer license doesn’t scale up in cost no matter how many products or end users you have.
- Easy to Integrate: As a compact and standalone executable, the TrueUpdate Client application is extremely easy to integrate into software. A typical software developer can have it done in only a few hours.
- Dynamic Control of Client Systems: Once the TrueUpdate Client application is installed on a computer, you have everything you need to ensure that the system is always up-to-date with the latest software and patches. Operating in conjunction with a TrueUpdate Server connection, the client software can be continually modified and reconfigured to carry out whatever system modification you require. This puts you in full control and affords you flexibility that other products simply cannot match.
- Powerful Scripting Engine: TrueUpdate is built on a powerful scripting engine that includes more than 250 high-level actions, featuring everything from registry editing and file copying to web file downloads and much more. An Action Wizard even helps you write the script!
- Flexible Architecture: Fully compatible with any update/patching method, from full setups and self-contained binary patches to downloading and extracting from zip files.
- Private & Secure: All configuration data is automatically compressed and encrypted. The client pull architecture avoids the legal privacy concerns of competing server push architectures.
- Open Protocols: Uses trusted, dependable standards you already rely on (such as HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP), eliminating the need for specialized and costly hardware and software platforms.
- You Control the Server: Other products lock you into using their servers; with TrueUpdate, you decide where your update files are hosted. There is no need to rely on the uncertain future of an “update service,” pay exorbitant annual fees or wait helplessly during downtimes you are powerless to resolve.
- Scalable and Fault Tolerant: Complete support for redundant servers is built right in, and full control over the underlying server technology means that you can tailor load-balancing to meet your specific requirements.
- International Language Support: Integrated language selection is built into all screen dialogs, making it easy to create multilingual client interfaces and modify translations at will.
- Lightweight and Self Contained: The TrueUpdate client is compact, optimized, and completely self contained. There are no external dependencies or extras to distribute.
- Stand-alone or Embedded: The client can easily be integrated into existing software or installed as a standalone application.
- Fully Compatible: Update systems created with TrueUpdate 3.5 work on all Windows operating systems, including Windows Vista, Windows XP, Server 2003, 2000, ME, 98 and even Windows 95.
- Customizable: A library of over twenty different screens and a complete graphical skinning system makes it easy to control the user interface.
- Automates Complex Tasks: TrueUpdate is built on a powerful scripting engine that is capable of quickly processing any of the more than 250 included high-level actions. Featuring everything from registry editing to file copying to web file downloads, this complete scripting environment contains everything you need to automate complex tasks and handle even the most sophisticated software updating requirements.
- Reduces Costs: Automating the update process saves considerable time and expense. For software vendors, it reduces support costs by making it easier for your users to keep their software up to date – giving your tech support department fewer legacy support issues to deal with.
- Works with Any Patch/Install Builder: TrueUpdate works with your choice of installation and patching tools. For a complete and fully integrated end-to-end solution, Indigo Roses Setup Factory and Visual Patch are recommended; however you’re certainly not locked into doing so. If your company has standardized on other install/patch builders, such as those offered by Installshield or Wise, TrueUpdate can accommodate them. In fact, TrueUpdate is even able to work with zip archives and individual data files, should you desire.
- Feature: Added three new returns codes, 10 - client EXE updating, 11 - client DAT updating, and 12 - both updating.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where the Scrolling Text control was rendered unselectable if "HTML" text type, and "Load from file" was selected.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where Scrolling HTML controls were displaying the wrong data.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where comments were causing errors when importing .REG files.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where Scrolling HTML controls could not be shown or hidden.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where screen images located outside of a project theme when override project theme is selected weren't being saved properly.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where REG_DWORD values larger then MAX_INT were not being written to the registry properly.
- Fix: Added the multi-line edit dialog to the IR Script Editor.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where Scrolling Text control IDs were incorrect when referenced on a custom screen.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where design-time constants were not expanding when previewing a screen using the Preview button on its properties.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where command line parameters passed to a restarted client executable were sometimes incorrect.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where the system tray minimize option was not working.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where the system tray exit option would leave the update process running.
- Fix: Updated the autoproxy support to correctly use the INTERNET_PER_CONN_AUTOCONFIG_URL setting.
- Fix: Added "compatibility" section to all distributed manifests for support on Windows 7.
- In order to build updates, a developer requires:
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- 512 MB RAM
- 1024×768 display resolution
- 100 MB free hard drive space
- In order to run the update client, an end user requires:
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT4(SP6)/2000/XP/Vista
- 128 MB RAM
- 640×480 display resolution
- 50 MB free hard drive space
- In order to host the update server components:
- Any standard web server, including Apache and IIS
- Any operating system, including Windows, UNIX, Linux
- Any hardware platform, including Dell, HP, IBM, Sun
TrueUpdate 3.5.2 Screenshot
TrueUpdate 3.5.2 Keywords
Bookmark TrueUpdate 3.5.2
TrueUpdate 3.5.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.