Virtual Serial Port Control 2.4
Virtual Serial Port Control 2.4 Ranking & Summary
Virtual Serial Port Control 2.4 description
Virtual Serial Port Control 2.4 is an ActiveX control which makes it possible to create virtual serial ports and control them fully. At the same time virtual ports look like as if they were real hardware serial ports for communications applications.
It is believed that communications applications are intended to work only with hardware serial devices connected to physical serial ports.
If there is a task to provide interaction between communications application and your own program (e.g. serial device emulator), there is no common solution to accomplish it. It is considered that communications applications are intended to work only with hardware serial devices connected to physical serial ports.
On the other hand, developer API provided by Virtual Serial Port Control allows your program to access data written to virtual serial port by communications application and to respond with your own data. The data will be read by communications application from virtual serial port as if they were read from a physical port.
Event driven architecture is a snap to use. You dont have to check ports periodically in order to find if their state is changed or new data available for reading from a port. Simply define a function in your program that will be triggered automatically by the appropriate event and process the data.
At the same time Virtual Serial Port Control immediately notifies your application about any actions done by communications application with serial port (port opening/closing, setting DTR/RTS handshake, baud rate setting, XON/XOFF symbols setting, etc).
Virtual Serial Port Control provides developer with full control over virtual serial port. Everything that can be done with physical serial port by a serial device is possible to be done with virtual serial port by VSPC.
What is more important, OEM license allows you to distribute this ActiveX control as part of your own application and you don't have to license every single copy.
- Virtual serial ports look and work like real COM ports.
- Unlimited number of virtual COM ports can be created.
- Virtual serial ports can have the same names as existing hardware COM ports (e.g. COM1).
- Powerful and intuitive interface to make serial port communications easy.
- Delivers all the capabilities of the Win32 Serial Communications API.
- Notifies your application when data arrives or events occur on the port.
- Supports reading and writing of binary data.
- Full buffered data transfer.
- Comes with example applications (Visual Basic, Visual C++).
- Can be redistributed as part of your application.
- Full hardware serial ports emulation.
- Full Microsoft serial.sys compatibility.
- Serial data bitrate (transmission speed) emulation.
- Virtual serial ports configuration via Windows Device Manager.
- PnP and WMI technologies compatibility.
- Hyper-Threading Technology compatibility.
- VMware compatibility.
- User Interface and API
- Hot Virtual COM port creation and removal, without your computer rebooting
- Virtual serial ports are controlled directly from your own application
Enhancements: Vista is supported now
Requirements: No special
Virtual Serial Port Control 2.4 Screenshot
Virtual Serial Port Control 2.4 Keywords
Bookmark Virtual Serial Port Control 2.4
Virtual Serial Port Control 2.4 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.