VistaDB 3 3.5
VistaDB 3 3.5 Ranking & Summary
VistaDB 3 3.5 description
VistaDB 3 3.5 provides a product that is very useful for you. It was developed in C# specifically for Microsoft .NET Framework, Compact Framework and Mono. VistaDB is the perfect embedded alternative to SQL Server. Use our embedded engine for developing small to midsize managed ASP.NET and WinForms applications that run on desktops, mobile devices and web servers. VistaDB 3 delivers high-performance data management in a small single-file footprint. Lightweight deployment means no registry access or service installation required. VistaDB is a true transactional TSQL compliant RDBMS that delivers robust data management. As an embedded database, it requires zero administration and ZeroClick deployment lets you embedded VistaDB directly into your EXE and DLLs using ILMerge. Licensed per developer.
VistaDB is deeply integrated into Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 so building applications is easy and intuitive. VistaDB features a built-in ADO.NET Provider that supports SQL and Direct Data Access objects that provide object-based high-speed scrollable and updateable cursors. VistaDBs SQL query processor supports T-SQL syntax and VistaDBs data types are highly compatible with SQL Server. A high degree of compatibility with SQL Server 2005 means existing T-SQL statements and procs can be re-used with small changes and source code that uses SQL Server can be re-used with minor changes to namespaces and class references.
Other features include a Data Migration Wizard tool that migrates data from MS-Access, SQL Server, SQL CE to VistaDB (C# source code included) and a Data Builder tool for visually creating and managing databases (C# source code included). The robust single-file data store stores ANSI and Unicode data, tables, views, CLR Procs, CLR Triggers, indexes, Full Text Search (FTS), constraints, primary and foreign keys and data can be encrypted at the database, table or column level using Blowfish. Full transaction processing with Snapshot isolation level ensure that VistaDB is ACID compliant.
- Runs natively on .NET, no interop or COM components
- Easy-to-use (fully ADO.NET 2 compliant) - Works using the same object model as Microsoft SQL Server (fully supports managed database provider factory objects).
- Very small footprint with less than 1 MB total redistribution! This means smaller downloads for your product
- No complicated setups during deployment. A single DLL, less than 1 MB, XCopy'd with your product is all that you need! No need to gain admin rights or install services on the user machine. See what we mean by zero config database engine.
- 100% embeddable using ILMerge. If you merge our DLL into your product using the Microsoft ILMerge tool there are no DLL's to distribute. You can also change the name of the database file to a custom extention.
- Fully managed and verifiably typesafe architecture (100% PEVerify). This means we can run in a partially trusted caller environment (shared hosting) or as a guest user. Perfect for running under Windows Vista from a DVD-ROM. No elevated security privilidges are required.
- SQL Server 2005 Compatible TSQL data types and T-SQL syntax support. VistaDB strives to provide TSQL datatypes, functions, and syntax to allow you to support both VistaDB and SQL Server from a single project build. Anyone who has ever tried to migrate an Access database to SQL Server will appreciate how much easier migration is with VistaDB
- TSQL Procs and User Defined Functions (UDFs)
- Data Builder database admin application ( full license includes source code ) included. VistaDB gives you the choice to build your database strictly through code or using our Data Builder graphical interface. We even include the source to allow you to quickly build an admin tool for your own application.
- Full Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 Server Explorer integration. Visual Studio Standard edition or higher supports plugins to the Server Explorer pane. VistaDB fully integrates with the Server Explorer providing you drag and drop capability just like SQL Server. Visual Studio Express is not allowed to load third party VSIP plugins, sorry.
- Not sure where your product will deployed? We support the database file being on a local drive (single user or multi user), a network drive for LAN multi user support, or in Memory (virtual memory backed) storage for quicker temporary database access.
- Single data file for easy backup and management. Need to backup your database? XCopy it and you are done. No complex directory structures or multi file databases. Restoration is just as simple, replace the VDB3 file.
- Data Migration Wizard makes it easy to get your data from Micrsoft Access, SQL CE and SQL Server into VistaDB. The application is scriptable and may be deployed with your application for runtime migration of data.
- VistaDB 3.5 includes updated tools and new templates for Visual Studio 2005/2008.
- A newly redesigned Data Builder, and a sample DBA Admin tool with source you can customize for your product.
- Over 40 changes for TSQL syntax parsing to be more compliant with SQL Server 2005.
- .NET 2+
- Visual Studio 2005/2008
VistaDB 3 3.5 Screenshot
VistaDB 3 3.5 Keywords
Bookmark VistaDB 3 3.5
VistaDB 3 3.5 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Zapp (ZeroPoint Application Data Server) (WinInstall) 1.00e
- SQLDBCompare V2.4
- Quick Recovery Lotus Notes Domino Server 10.x
- Move MS SQL Server to Another MSSQL Data 7.0
- MS SQL Server Search & Extract Data Soft 7.0
- MS SQL Server Search & Extract Data Software 7.0
- LBE Helpdesk Data Migration Tool 1.0
- ENT Server Data Migrator 1.3.12
- ESF Database Convert - Professional 6.0.01
- eva/3 Universal Database Converter (UDC) 1.2
- forSQL Data Generator 2.1
- JDataGrid Database Edition 2.9.0
- MS SQL Server Extract Data & Text 7.0
- Eisoo AnyBackup 2007 Server Edition 2.1 build 8627
- PerformancePoint Server Planning Data Migration Tool
- Exchange Server Data Recovery 8.02.01