VSS2SVN 0.2.0 Ranking & Summary
RankingClick at the star to rank
User Review: 0 (0 times)
File size: 1.7 MB
Platform: Windows All
Date added: 2009-06-30
Publisher: Nick Bitounis
VSS2SVN 0.2.0 description
VSS2SVN 0.2.0 helps you to take advantage with migrating the contents of a source safe database to subversion.
- The Microsoft sourcesafe interop assembly, which allows for fast access to VSS, version 184.108.40.206.
- SharpSVN. This is statically compiled with support for SVN 1.5.5.
- VSS2SVN migrates the complete contents of a VSS project, including the various versions of the project files. It works like this:
- The VSS project contents are being scanned to determine the maximum number of versions in all included files.
- The initial version of the VSS contents is downloaded to a temporary location and is imported to SVN.
- Subsequent VSS versions are repeatedly dowloaded to the temporary location and SVN is updated with these contents via a commit.
- VSS2SVN has been tested in the following environment:
- VSS 2005, client version 8.0.50727.1551.
- SVN server used is VisualSVN, version 1.6.3.
- SVN windows client used is TortoiseSVN vesion 1.5.6, build 14908.
- SharpSVN version is 1.5005.984.35067.
- Sourcesafe interop assembly version is 220.127.116.11.
- This version is a major change. It primarily works on files from the VSS database, adding them individually instead of a whole directory tree. This allows us to maintain VSS history, comments, labels, author and date properties.
- This also provides support for updating version changes in VSS made since a specified date, so you can update a repository upgrade at a later time.
- This new version is a lot slower than previous versions as it does a lot more work. It is recommended that when using this you use the svnserve daemon (you can use svnserve concurrently with apache against the same repository), and ensure you set a simple pre-commit hook to allow revprop changes (on windows, use "exit /b 0" for the hook). Expect a significant amount of time to convert a large database migrating 40,000 files some with over 100 revisions took 24 hours (it is recommended to migrate VSS projects individually instead of migrating the entire project tree in one go)
- You must still logon to the S...
VSS2SVN 0.2.0 Screenshot
VSS2SVN 0.2.0 Keywords
Bookmark VSS2SVN 0.2.0
VSS2SVN 0.2.0 Copyright
WareSeeker.com do not provide cracks, serial numbers etc for VSS2SVN 0.2.0. Any sharing links from rapidshare.com, yousendit.com or megaupload.com are also prohibited.
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
Agent SVN is an implementation of the Microsoft Common Source Code Control Interface (MS-SCCI) for the Subversion version control. It allows you to seamless integrate Subversion source control with an MS-SCCI compliant IDE. Free Download
The goal of the Subversion project is to build a version control system Free Download
SQLMerger enables you to compare and merge data from two databases visually Free Download
DBEasy application was designed to be a professional Database Manager Tool Free Download
Web-based ORDBMS server with Z language for object, relational, and XML database Free Download
MSSQL database conversion software provides an efficient way to convert complete table or selected records. Download Affordable MSSQL to MySQL database converter tool to easily migrate and maintain da Free Download
Sav Z (Web Data) Server is a Web-based ORDBMS server implemented in Java(tm).... Free Download
Best database migration utility convert bulk MSSQL database server records into MySQL database server records. MSSQL to MySQL database convertor program support all major versions of Windows operating Free Download