Xceed Chart for ASP.NET 4.1
Xceed Chart for ASP.NET 4.1 Ranking & Summary
Xceed Chart for ASP.NET 4.1 description
Xceed Chart for ASP.NET 4.1 gives a positive reflection of your business. It creates spectacular charts in your ASP.NET projects with this high-quality yet cost-effective 2D/3D chart component. Features extensive ASP.NET support including chart streaming, image maps and response, server-side events with postback, persistent states, script injection, browser detection and automatic temporary file cleanup. It provides all the chart types and capabilities you ever need at a down-to-earth price.
Xceed Chart for ASP.NET, you get more than stunning looking charts. Under the hood is a powerful 3D OpenGL chart renderer which generates charts at startling speed and allows you to apply 3D lighting and special scene effects to your charts.
1. .NET technology
- Written entirely in managed C# (except for OpenGL module). Source code available in the Blueprint Edition.
- Can be used in C#, VB.NET, and Managed C++.
- Not a .NET interface over a recycled ActiveX component.
- All error handling works through .NET exception classes.
- Object-oriented design created specifically for the .NET framework.
- 100% Unicode support.
- Fast loading object with efficient memory usage.
- Documentation fully integrated into Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.
2. Unique innovations
- Video card hardware acceleration: Useful for real-time applications because it frees your CPU from having to draw the chart and transfers all rendering to the video card's GPU.
- OpenGL for rendering charts: Creates impressive lighting effects, smoothes chart elements using antialiasing and jittering, and provides unique fill effects.
- GDI+ rendering mode: Specially designed for displaying two-dimensional charts and often produces better-looking 2D charts than the OpenGL device. Surface charts are not supported.
- Rendering surface control: Support for bitmap and window rendering surfaces in both GDI+ and OpenGL rendering modes. The rendering surface can be changed at runtime.
- Advanced data binding: Allows data contained in the data series to be bound to DataAdapters and DataSets. There is also a built-in wizard allowing you to configure the DataBinding with ease.
- Built-in UI components: Grid and toolbar components help make the design of applications with Xceed Chart for .NET more visual. The toolbar exposes the most frequently used commands of the chart control and also supports custom buttons. The grid is data-aware and supports true date-time editing, as well as fill effect, line style, and cursor type editing.
- Photoshop-like image effects can be applied on all chart elements rendering in 2D mode. This includes blur, bevel and emboss, and lighting and glow filters, with many variations.
- HTML-like multiline texts: Text rendering supports multiline and HTML-like formatted texts with applied fill effect, border, shadow and image filters through XML tags and attributes. Support for bullets, superscript, and subscript texts.
- Shadows can be applied on all chart elements rendered in 2D mode. The component supports several types of shadows, including solid, linear blur, radial blur, and Gaussian blur, with controlled fade area and color.
- Interactive tools: Data Pan (end-user can scroll through the chart data), Data Zoom (end-user can zoom in the chart data contained in a user-specified rectangle and zoom-out can also be performed), and Data Cursor (helps determine the axis scale coordinates when clicking click on the chart or hovering over it).
- Chart Explorer: An interactive application that demonstrates how the different chart types function. Provides 115 chart examples, each with source code.
- Rendering images with transparent background: With the help of a single property, the chart can generate images with a transparent background. When the control is hosted in a Windows Forms application, this feature also properly modifies the control styles.
3. True WYSIWYG design-time and run-time editors
- Over twenty different design-time editors: These allow users to create and modify charts quickly and easily, writing little or no code. State-of-the-art editors with full Visual Studio design-time support allow the creation of charts based on templates and the modification of their data and settings in just a few minutes.
- Improved user interface for all chart element editors.
- Editors available at runtime: All design-time editors are also available at runtime, including the Chart Wizard and the Chart Editor.
- Excel-like fill effect editors: You can not only specify any fill effect that you can specify in Excel, but you can also visually create any custom gradient with the built-in advanced gradient editor.
4. Major ASP.NET-specific features
- Out-of-process rendering: A fail-safe type of rendering designed for web servers requiring high levels of security and robustness. This feature allows you to separate the chart initialization from the chart rendering on the server.
- Complete support for the SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format. Includes the ability to export in .svg/.svgz, embed raster data in the generated SVG using base64 encoding, and export interactive SVG content featuring browser redirection, as well as the ability to inject custom script in the generated SVG and directly stream SVG content to client browser.
- Server-side events (postback) and HTML image maps: The image maps generated by the component can display tooltips, redirect the client browser to a specified URL, or change the mouse cursor.
- Server-side persistence: The component can preserve its state across roundtrips.
- Improved support for HTML images maps. Image maps can now be integrated with the direct image stream to browser feature.
- Injecting custom client-side script: Any type of client-side VBScript or JScript can be seamlessly integrated into the image maps generated by the component.
- Directly streaming an image to the client browser: An indispensable feature when building scalable and secure server-side applications.
- Built-in clean up of temporary files: The component automatically detects when a temporary file has expired and deletes it from the server. You can also assign disk space usage quotas for the directory holding the temporary files in order to ensure that you do not exceed the space used by your web server application.
- Drill-down capabilities: Supports drill-down with a wide variety of events.
- Built-in browser detection: By taking advantage of the power of .NET regular expressions, you can tell the component to generate different responses depending on the browser accessing the page.
- Stand-alone server-side configuration utility: Allows you to configure your web applications and even entire groups of web applications using Xceed.Chart.ServerConfig.exe without writing a single line of code. Can be modified at runtime.
5. Key features
- Wide variety of chart types: Fourteen major chart types are supported, such as the traditional bar, line, and pie series, in addition to high-low, mesh surface, and grid surface charts, and even a "shape" chart. Different chart types support multiple modes, meaning that literally dozens of different styles and types are available for developers. Many chart types support XY and XYZ scatter modes.
- Supports XYZ scatter line charts, allowing you to draw lines in 3D and 2D, given the [x,y,z] coordinates for each line point.
- Empty data point support: All chart types support empty data points.
- Flexible integrated legend: Many predefined styles, positions, and data layout strategies are provided. Supports headers and footers.
- Built-in functions and custom formula support: The component has extensive custom formula support with 33 predefined functions, including commonly used financial indicators such as Relative Strength Index, MACD, Bollinger Bands, Average True Range, Momentum, Stochastic Oscillator, Directional Movement System, and Moving Averages.
- Faster 2D and 3D rendering. The rendering engine has been optimized for speed and memory usage.
- Several improvements have been made to the interactivity model of the component: All drag operations now support BeginDrag, EndDrag, and DoDrag events. All drag operations now support Cancel (when the user presses Esc). All drag operations now support the keyboard.
- Improvements in the rendering engine: Complexity of sphere rendering can now be controlled, allowing for the display of 2D and 3D point charts in OpenGL with thousands of data points.
- Coordinate transformation support: The chart exposes several functions that convert view coordinates to chart model coordinates and vice versa.
- Advanced control over axis scaling and position: Static and dynamic axis positioning strategies and settings. Several predefined text layout schemes. Four scaling modes: DateTime, Numeric, Logarithmic, and Dimension scale. Paging with lots of customizations.
- Axis-labeling abilities: Stripes, constant lines as planes or simple lines, custom axis labels.
- Display of several chart types simultaneously: Advanced chart margin and fit strategy control.
- Display of several series simultaneously: Creating a combination chart has never been easier and more flexible.
- Display of multiple charts and legends in the component canvas. Charts can be described on one or more legends. Legends can describe multiple charts.
- Improved image borders with applied fill effect, border and shadow and controllable bevel effect. Image border rendering has been specially optimized for speed.
- Watermarks: Ideal for company logos and trademarks. Can be displayed on top of or behind the chart image with user-controlled transparency.
- Labels: Headers, footers, as well as custom positioned labels.
- Interactivity: Trackball, zoom, offset, mouse cursor change, mouse tooltips, and more.
- Drill-Down capabilities: Extensive drill down support. A wide variety of events available.
- Advanced 3D-view control: 360-degree rotation, viewer rotation, orthogonal and perspective projections, offset, and zoom, as well as many predefined projection schemes.
- Advanced control over scene lighting: Several predefined lighting schemes. Up to 9 light sources. Spot and Directional light.
Enhancements: As of v4.1, Xceed Chart for .NET works only with .NET Framework 2.0 and up. Users developing with .NET 1.1 can obtain the latest bug fixes by downloading the most recent Service Pack.
Xceed Chart for ASP.NET 4.1 Screenshot
Xceed Chart for ASP.NET 4.1 Keywords
Bookmark Xceed Chart for ASP.NET 4.1
Xceed Chart for ASP.NET 4.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.