ZylGPSReceiverAX 3.10 Ranking & Summary
ZylGPSReceiverAX 3.10 description
ZylGPSReceiverAX 3.10 offers you an an award-winning ActiveX control to communicate with a serial GPS receiver. It returns latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, heading and many other parameters of the position.
This control works with any NMEA compatible receiver connected to one of the serial ports.
You can use it also with USB devices, because these devices usually have a driver that redirects the input from the USB port to a virtual serial port. If your device is not provided with such a driver, then use a USB controller whose vendor provides a virtual serial port driver, such as FTDI or use a USB/RS-232 adapter.
The component is extended to calculate distances and make conversions between different measurement units.
With this control you will be able to develop robust GPS applications in any ActiveX supporting development environment. Possible applications can be:
- Vehicle Navigation
- Marine Navigation
- Fleet Management
- Emergency Locator
- Geographic Surveying
- AVL and Locating-Based Services
- Personal Navigation or touring devices
- Tracking devices
- Sporting and Recreation
- With ZylGPSReceiverAX you can also create web distributed applications. The main idea behind is very simple:
- Create a desktop application that will run locally on the server, collecting gps-data from the receiver and saving in the database.
- Create a web service that will provide the requested gps-data from the database to the webpages.
- The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a worldwide radio-navigation system formed from a constellation of 24 satellites and their ground stations.
- GPS uses these satellites as reference points to calculate positions accurate to a matter of meters. In fact, with advanced forms of GPS you can make measurements to better than a centimeter!
- In a sense it's like giving every square meter on the planet a unique address.
- GPS receivers have been miniaturized to just a few integrated circuits and so are becoming very economical. And that makes the technology accessible to virtually everyone.
- These days GPS is finding its way into cars, boats, planes, construction equipment, movie making gear, farm machinery, even laptop computers.
- Soon GPS will become almost as basic as the telephone. Indeed, at Trimble, we think it just may become a universal utility.
- GPS technology has matured into a resource that goes far beyond its original design goals. These days scientists, sportsmen, farmers, soldiers, pilots, surveyors, hikers, delivery drivers, sailors, dispatchers, lumberjacks, fire-fighters, and people from many other walks of life are using GPS in ways that make their work more productive, safer, and sometimes even easier.
ZylGPSReceiverAX 3.10 Screenshot
ZylGPSReceiverAX 3.10 Keywords
Bookmark ZylGPSReceiverAX 3.10
ZylGPSReceiverAX 3.10 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.