Auslogics Disk Defrag 22.214.171.124
Auslogics Disk Defrag 126.96.36.199 Ranking & Summary
Auslogics Disk Defrag 188.8.131.52 description
Hard disks are by far the slowest component in your computer. CPU and memory work much faster than hard disks because they do not have moving parts. Therefore fragmented disks often become a bottleneck of the system performance.
Besides causing slowdowns, fragmentation makes the hard drive disk heads move frequently when reading files which leads to freeze-ups and system crashes. It is important to keep your disks defragmented and optimized as much as possible.
- Defragment & Optimize:
- Disk Defrag doesn't only defragment files - it can also optimize your hard drives' file system to gain even higher performance. The program's optimization algorithms allow you to defragment free space, move system files to the fastest part of the disk and clear the MFT Reserved Zone from regular files. In addition to that, Disk Defrag is supplied with a powerful engine that can easily defragment large multi-terabyte volumes.
- Simple defragmentation of data files leaves fragmented free space. This means that there are many free space "holes" all over the disk. Windows fills those "holes" with newly created or extended files. The more fragmented the free space is, the more fragmented new files will be. Disk Defrag merges free space into a large contiguous block during the optimization process. This technology effectively prevents file fragmentation.
- Free Space Consolidation:
- System files are necessary for the operating system to perform its numerous functions. Commonly used by Windows, system files may be scattered all over the disk and intermixed with regular files. Disk Defrag defragments them and moves them to the fastest part of the disk. Such intelligent way of defragmentation minimizes the time needed to access system files and improves overall computer performance.
- System Files Smart Placement:
- Normally, NTFS file system reserves about 12,5% of the disk space for the MFT records. However, when the rest of the disk space is getting low, the MFT Reserved Zone is used for storing regular files. This may lead to MFT fragmentation. To prevent MFT fragmentation, Disk Defrag moves regular data files from the MFT Reserved Zone, allowing NTFS to allocate contiguous space for the MFT records.
- Keeping the MFT Reserved Zone Clear:
- Sometimes it makes more sense to defragment frequently used files only, instead of defragmenting the entire drive. Disk Defrag can save your time by defragmenting only the files you want. It allows you to defragment a single file, several files or an entire folder. This option is useful when certain files need to be defragmented to speed up an application and there is no need to defragment the entire hard drive.
- Single File or Folder Defragmentation:
- Disk Defrag lists all fragmented files after performing disk analysis. Selecting a file from the list will highlight its fragments' location on the cluster map. You can find the most fragmented files and their paths by sorting through the list. The list also lets you choose files to defragment and files to add to the ignore list. All you need to do is right-click on a file in the list and select the operation you want to perform.
- List of Fragmented Files:
- With its auto-defragmentation feature enabled, Disk Defrag acts in real time while your system is idle. Since the program is very compact and requires few system resources, it can easily defragment your hard drives in the background and you will not even notice its activity. Use a handy icon (in the bottom-left corner) to easily customize and control the auto-defrag mode. Just set Disk Defrag to run automatically and you'll forget about file fragmentation!
- Use many handy settings to customize your Disk Defrag. It can be integrated into the Windows Explorer context menu and minimized to system tray on close. The last option is especially convenient when using the auto-defragmentation mode. You can also set the program to shut down your computer after defragmentation is complete. And with its several fragmentation map colour themes you can change the way your Disk Defrag looks.
- Customizing Disk Defrag:
- Fixed bugs
- Windows 7/2008/Vista/2003/XP (32-bit & 64-bit)
- 25 MB available hard disk space
- 32 MB RAM
Auslogics Disk Defrag 184.108.40.206 Screenshot
Auslogics Disk Defrag 220.127.116.11 Keywords
Bookmark Auslogics Disk Defrag 18.104.22.168
Auslogics Disk Defrag 22.214.171.124 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.