Backup for Workgroups 6.0.2
Backup for Workgroups 6.0.2 Ranking & Summary
Backup for Workgroups 6.0.2 description
Backup for Workgroups 6.0.2 is well-known as an efficient as well as beneficial disk-based backup software which brings backup vendors overlook for the small to medium business market. And many freeware/shareware backup products found on download sites are little more than file copy programs, which will not adequately backup your data or restore your computer in the event of a disaster.
- Quick & Easy to Use
- Get Setup Fast with a Small Download - Backup for Workgroups is less than 10MB to download, so you do not spend a lot of time downloading a huge program.
- Installation Wizard - Walks you through the process of setting up your Backup Server and your Backup Clients so you can get your backup plan in place in minutes!
- Preconfigured Backup Set - Means you do not need to configure a backup set first, developers have one setup for you! Just hit the Backup Now button and your entire computer gets backed up.
- Backup Set Wizard - Use to create and schedule new backup set definitions at any time. Schedule your backup sets to run using the flexible scheduling options.
- Preconfigured Restore Options - When it comes to getting your data back after you have experienced data loss, let Backup for Workgroups walk you through the process. Restoration is only a click away when you use one of the four built-in restoration options that give you the ability to restore one or multiple files, roll your files back to a specific point-in-time, recover a deleted file, or perform a complete restoration of all backup files to your computer.
- Email Reminders & Notifications - Backup for Workgroups sends you emails to keep you informed of your backup results. It can also proactively warn you when your storage is low or offline so you can take corrective actions to ensure your backups run without interruption.
- Auto Client Updates - Backup for Workgroups now includes a time-saving Auto Client update feature, handy for any size installation. Now Administrators only have to update the Backup Server software, and all Clients will be updated automatically.
- Uses Affordable Disk Storage Media
- Stores Backup Data to Disk Media of Your Choice - Disk-based backup software means you store your backup data to disk media instead of tape. Store your backup data to internal or external hard drives, such as IDE, SATA, SCSI, USB, Firewire, NAS, SAN, Network Share, RAID, or any other device that Windows can access as a hard drive or network share.
- Supports Disk Spanning - Allows Backup for Workgroups to grow along with you, even when you have more backup data than the capacity of a single hard drive. When you are getting close to filling up your first storage device, you can use the drive spanning features to simply add additional hard drive to your Backup Storage to increase your overall storage space.
- Eliminates Costs & Problems Associated with Tape Backup - According to an article written by Rich Castagna in Storage Magazine, a survey of tape-backup users found that "About 25% of survey respondents reported two or more failed (tape-based) backups weekly." Get away from these problems and use disk-based Backup for Workgroups.
- Utilizes Non-Redundant Storage - Files that are common to multiple servers or desktops are only backed up once, reducing storage space used by the Backup Storage as much as 80%.
- Block Delta Engine - The Block Delta Engine is used to compute the portion of a file that changes from one version to another. The Backup Client uses the Block Delta Engine to reduce the amount of data that is needed to transmit to the Backup Server. This can significantly reduce the backup time when backing up over the Internet.
- Complete Backup Solution
- Backup One or Several Computers - Backup for Workgroups is a client/server application designed to centrally store your organization's backup data to a common hard drive or set of hard drives. As you add computers, you just need to add more Backup Clients and they will be included in your backup plan.
- Backup Entire Computer Once, then Backup Just the Changes - Once you have performed a baseline backup of your entire computer (to ensure disaster recoverability) - Backup for Workgroups backs up just the new and changed files, saving time and storage space.
- Stores Multiple File Revisions - You define the number of revisions you want to keep. As files change, Backup for Workgroups will backup the new revisions and automatically ages-off old revisions and deleted files based on user-defined retention rules.
- Supports the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 2008 / Windows 7 / Vista / 2003 / SBS 2003 / XP - Remember that a lot of your corporate data resides throughout your organization, so be sure to include all of your Windows Servers and workstations in your backup plan.
- Supports Exchange Server - Support for Exchange 2010 / 2007 / 2003 / 2000 - Use the Open File Add-On to backup Exchange on your Windows Server!
- Supports Active Directory - Include your Domain Controllers in the backup process with the Active Directory Add-On.
- Supports SQL - Include your SQL databases in the backup process with the Open File Add-On when your SQL database is running on a Windows 2008/2003 computer.
- Supports Open File Backup - Use the Open File Add-On to backup files that are in use and locked on Windows 2008/2003 Servers.
- Can Stop/Start Services before and after a backup- Allows you to backup the databases associated with specialty or legacy applications by stopping services.
- Compresses Backup Data - Backup data is compressed to reduce the amount of storage required and accelerates the transmission of backup data between the Backup Client and the Backup Server.
- Security Features - Backup data is encrypted with one of three user-selected encryption methods, with 256-bit AES as the highest level of encryption. Backup for Workgroups can also backup ACL Security Settings on files and folders.
- Built-in Mirror Facilitates Off-Site Storage
- Comply with Backup Best Practices & Store Data Off-Site - With the Mirroring option, you can add an extra layer of protection to you data by mirroring the Backup Storage to one or more hard drives. This mirror can be located at an off-site location, or, on removable hard drives/external hard drives that can be periodically taken off site as part of your over-all disaster recovery plan.
- Windows Server 2008, 2003, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Backup for Workgroups 6.0.2 Screenshot
Backup for Workgroups 6.0.2 Keywords
Bookmark Backup for Workgroups 6.0.2
Backup for Workgroups 6.0.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.