Backup4all Pro 4.7 Build 269
Backup4all Pro 4.7 Build 269 Ranking & Summary
Backup4all Pro 4.7 Build 269 description
Backup4all Pro 4.7 Build 269 is released as an efficient and convenient to use data backup software for Windows. This backup utility was designed to protect your valuable data from partial or total loss by automating backup tasks, password protecting and compressing it to save storage space. This backup application is feature rich and offers an intuitive interface making all features easily accessible for both beginners and professionals
With Backup4all Professional you can easily backup to any local or network drive, backup to FTP (with support for SSL encryption, proxy server, passive mode), SFTP, backup to DVD, CD, Blu-ray, HD-DVD, or other removable media (such as USB drives). The backup utility performs all four backup types: full backup, differential backup, incremental backup and mirror backup.
Using the wizard you can easily set up any backup configurations you wish. You can define powerful file filters and schedule your backups any way you want. Once a backup is performed, you can see what files changed since the last backup using the explorer-like tree view or you can read the statistics about the next backup execution.
With many other backup software programs, files that are in use during the backup may not get backed up successfully because they are locked to prevent programs from modifying the data.
With Backup4all you can back-up open or locked files (on Windows 7/Vista/XP/2003), such as databases, MS Outlook personal folder (.pst), Outlook Express mail archives (dbx files) and others. When defining a backup, there is also the option to run predefined backups, such as My Documents, My Pictures or Outlook Express emails and settings.
This backup application has ZIP64 support (can create backups over 4GB) and creates standard zip files, meaning that you can access it with any zip compatible utility. It comes with its own built-in CD, DVD and Blu-ray burning support so you can easily backup to DVD, CD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD. Just set the destination to DVD, CD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD and execute the backup job. However, if you prefer, you can use the UDF format.
- Intuitive Interface
- The Brief View and Getting Started window allows you to easily define/run backup jobs or restore backed up data. Switching to the Explore View, you can see all the files/folders that are in the backup job and the new files that will be stored at the next backup execution. You can sort and search the file tree in Explore view. You can start this backup application at windows startup or minimize it to the system tray.
- Backup4all uses the Volume Shadow Copy service that allows you to back up local open files from NTFS partitions in Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008 Server/Windows 7. Now you can backup your emails and settings without closing Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or other email clients.
- Backup locked or open files (XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7)
- Powerful file and folder filtering engine with lots of options to filter by attribute, size, date, name and type). You can create filters using a combination of restrictions and you can define separate filters for inclusion and exclusion.
- File and Folder Filters
- Filters can now be added through the Options window, and once you set some predefined filters you can use them in any backup job. If you change the predefined filter at a later time, it will be automatically modified on each backup job that uses it too.
- Predefined Filters
- You can easily setup a powerful scheduler using the available scheduler configurations to make unattended backups. Backups can also be scheduled to run when the computer shuts down.
- Built-in Scheduler
- This backup software allows defining multiple backup jobs and saving them for future use. On the main form, you have an overview of all defined backups organized in groups. Backup4all comes with several predefined backup jobs: "My Documents", "My Pictures", "Outlook Express", "Mozilla Firefox", "Mozilla Thunderbird", "IE Favorites", "Backup4all configurations" and allows importing backup plugins for dozens of other applications.
- Manage multiple backup jobs
- You can configure Backup4all to send custom emails after a backup finished, with success, error and warning notifications. Additional options allow you to attach the backup log file and send the email to several addresses.
- Email notifications
- Backup4all can backup to SFTP, a destination combining the security of remotely stored backups, with secure file transfer protocol. Your important data is transferred to the SFTP backup server using a secure network connection, to avoid the risk of data interception.
- SFTP backup software
- The backup operation now supports pausing and resuming, so running a backup job can be interrupted and continued at a later time. There is also a Stop operation now, that when pressed will not Cancel the backup, but instead will save everything until that point when it was pressed.
- Pause/Resume or Stop operation
- Backup4all can now check for updates either manually or automatically at a scheduled date. This allows you to better stay in touch with the latest development of Backup4all.
- Automatic updates
- Backup4all stores a summary snapshot of the file and folder information into a backup catalog file (".bkc") each time a backup is executed. This catalog is stored in a different file than the backup itself and it allows Backup4all to keep track of the backed up files. The advantage of using a catalog is faster backup execution. Another advantage is that you can run Backup4all together with other backup applications because they will not interfere with each other.
- Backup catalog file
- This backup software comes with its own built-in CD, DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray burning support. Just set the destination to the CD, DVD, HD-DVD or Blu-ray disc and execute the backup job. However, if you prefer not to use Backup4all's built-in burning engine, you can use 3rd party packet writing software (such as DirectCD or InCD). Backup4all also has the possibility to erase CD-RW/DVD-RW/HD DVD-RW/BD-RE media.
- Backup directly to CD, DVD, Blu-ray
- You can backup your files to remote locations using the FTP service (with SSL support, active/passive transfer modes, firewall support, XCRC tests). You just have to select FTP as destination, enter the FTP configurations and you are ready to backup to FTP.
- FTP Backup
- You can store the backup in a local folder, on another computer in the same LAN, on media such as: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD±R (single/dual layer), DVD±RW (single/dual layer), DVD-ROM, HD DVD-R, HD DVD-RW, HD DVD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE (single or dual layer Blu-ray disc) on USB drives or other removable media, or on FTP.
- Backup Destination
- Perform extra actions before and/or after backup execution.
- Extra Actions
- You can create a "shortcut" of a backup job or backup group to a desired location. Whenever you will double-click that shortcut, the backup job defined will start running. You can make it a "one click backup" if you place that shortcut in the Quick Launch menu.
- Create shortcut for backup job/group
- You can actually see the number of files that will be processed at next backup (very useful when you have a large number of files). Other information refers to the size and date of the executed backups and the available free space on storage destination.
- File warnings are displayed to the user during backup execution if the user chooses so. These warnings are also written to the log file. Scheduled backups do not show these warnings even when this option is set.
- File warnings
- This backup software provides step-by-step instructions to create a new backup job by selecting Where, What, How and When to backup.
- New Backup Wizard
- You can browse a folder tree to select several files and folders as source of the backup or you can include or exclude them individually. Multiple files/folders can be added as Sources at once (drag-and-drop supported).
- Easy File and Folder Selection
- Four different backup types to choose from: full backup, differential backup, incremental backup and mirror backup.
- Backup Types
- If the zip file size is less than 2 Gbytes, Backup4all creates standard zip files. This format is compatible with any zip utility available on the market. Unlike other backup softwares, for zip files greater than 2 Gbytes, Backup4all uses zip64 technology (which allows unlimited zip file size).
- Standard Zip Compression and zip64 support
- Starting with version 3.10 is possible to load plugins to backup/restore the settings of specific programs. A plugin is actually an XML file that once imported in Backup4all adds a predefined backup. For instance, a backup plugin for Mozilla FireFox, when loaded, will automatically add in the Predefined Backup list an entry for Firefox, so when defining a new backup job if that’s selected, the FireFox profiles will be added as source for the new backup.
- Backup Plugins
- You can customize name prefixes for the zip archives, which store your backup versions. Backup4all also supports file/folder paths longer than 260 characters (turn off file parsing).
- Customized Zip Names
- Backup4all includes a backup plugin that lets you easily define a backup job for Microsoft Outlook. This will backup Outlook entirely (not only the emails but also the profiles, email accounts, rules and other settings) so if you need to restore it, you don't have to configure the email account settings again as they will be restored along with the other data.
- Microsoft Outlook backup plugin
- You can protect your ZIP files by setting a password for each backup job. Besides normal password protection, Backup4all also supports 128-bit, 192-bit and 256-bit AES encryption. These numbers reflect the encryption key size used to encrypt the data - a higher key strenght provides stronger encryption.
- Password Protection
- Backup4all Professional installs a Sidebar Gadget if you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7. From this backup gadget you can directly control your backup jobs, any backup job can be started/paused/resumed/stopped/canceled or you can edit their properties.
- Sidebar Gadget
- Mirror backup type makes an exact copy of selected files and folders (copying NTFS permissions and alternate streams), including empty folders too (for an exact copy of the source). Optionally, for mirror backups you can choose to zip the backed up files individually.
- Automated support for splitting your backup between many removable disks or even on the same media. You can specify the maximum size of the zip archives. When performing a mirror backup and using disk spanning you can choose not to split the files. This is a useful option because you can copy your music/movies to cd or dvd and not have them splitted up when the CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc is full.
- Disk Spanning
- The operations performed by Backup4all are logged. This allows you to see the status of performed operations (backup/test/cleanup/restore). A backup job/group History view is available too (which also lets you export the information as .csv).
- A command line version of this backup application is available too (that lets you run different operations using parameters).
- Command Line
- Restore backed up data step-by-step. Allows you to choose the version of files which will be restored and filter them to restore only the needed versions (file versioning applies to full, differential and incremental backups only). You can quickly restore the latest version of a file/folder as well as restoring versions of files backed up at a specific date.
- Restore Wizard
- You can restore data using any standard zip software. Backup4all gives you this way more flexibility if you need to restore data on a different computer (if the backup was created using independent splits, see this section on how to restore correctly using 3rd party zip software).
- Some USB enclosures have a button to start the execution of an associated program. If you have such a device, you can configure Backup4all to execute a backup job or a backup group when this button is pressed (works only with certain USB enclosures).
- One touch backup
- Text description of the full setup for each backup job that allows you to easily review the information regarding the backup.
- Backup4all offers an option to lock its interface so that when it starts you will need to provide a password in order to unlock it and be able to make changes to its settings.
- Program security
- The application tests the backups (using CRC32). This ensures that the files have been backed up properly and the backup is safe. You can also test the backup integrity at a later time from Backup4all's main menu. When backing up to removable media, after each media item written the backup test is performed (for spanned backups). When backing up to FTP, the XCRC command can be used (if supported by server). This speeds up the testing as Backup4all will verify the backup based on the CRC information received from server.
- Test backup
- Windows 7/Vista/2008 Server/XP/2003 Server/2000 and requires approximately 50MB of free disk space.
Backup4all Pro 4.7 Build 269 Screenshot
Backup4all Pro 4.7 Build 269 Keywords
Bookmark Backup4all Pro 4.7 Build 269
Backup4all Pro 4.7 Build 269 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- FreeProxy 4.0 Build 1711 Beta / 3.92 Build 1644
- Xion Audio Player 1.0 Build 118 Beta / 1.0 Build 100
- ST Thumbnails Explorer 1.5 Build 1200 Beta / 1.2 Build 2310
- FAR 2.0 Build 1044 Beta / 2.0 Build 981
- cFosSpeed 6.51 Build 1839 Beta / 6.50 Build 1810
- SlimBrowser 5.00 Build 028 Beta / 4.12 Build 026
- PerfectDisk Professional 11.0 Build 161 Beta / 10 Build 124
- Core FTP Lite 2.1 Build 1631 Beta / 2.1 Build 1625
- Backup4all Lite 4.6.259
- Core FTP Pro 2.1 Build 1631 Beta / 2.1 Build 1625
- ST Thumbnails Explorer 1.5 Build 1400 Beta 2 / 1.2 Build 2310
- Backup4all Portable 4.4 build 195
- FAR 2.0 Build 1672 Beta / 2.0 Build 1666
- Rainlendar Pro 2.5 Build 79 Beta / 2.5 Build 72
- cFosSpeed 6.51 Build 1839 Beta / 6.50 Build 1810
- Backup4all Standard 4.6 Build 259